Week 3: Air Belichick

maqroll

Josh McCown cleared to play, set to start for Browns according to Pettine.

Am I the only one to find this totally bizarre? It's not that I think Manziel will be the greatest ever, but I KNOW McCown won't be. That ceiling will be 8-8 at the very best. Why not give this team to Manziel and see for real how far he can take it? He looked pretty bloody good last time out

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Saints going 0 -3 will only be marginally more bearable if Seahawks also go 0 - 3

Do NFL teams sack coaches mid season ?  as Ryan must be on borrowed time

Midseason sackings happen, but fairly rarely, though it's become a bit more common than in recent years.

Am I the only one to find this totally bizarre? It's not that I think Manziel will be the greatest ever, but I KNOW McCown won't be. That ceiling will be 8-8 at the very best. Why not give this team to Manziel and see for real how far he can take it? He looked pretty bloody good last time out

It's idiotic. They spent a first round pick on him two years ago but are holding him back by playing a 36 year old who's not very good himself. Manziel showed promise, let him show what he can do with the starting job. What have they got to lose?

Manziel didn't look that good last time out.

First pass: 60 yard TD
Last pass: 50 yard TD
In between: 6 of 13 for 62 yards, 3 first downs, 2 sacks, 2 fumbles

That's good for a DYAR of -2 (8 passing, -10 rushing)

The week before: DYAR of -60 (-68 passing, 8 rushing)

McCown's DYAR before injury: 10 (18 pass, -7 rushing)

Note that these are before opponent adjustments, but the Jet defense certainly looks a lot better than the Titans this year.

Â