The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Must admit, the trolling of Cleverly was quite amusing. 

I think it was the tying in of everything, the failures, the Greek incident and cleverly (who reacted too the dumb f***)

One question and he stuck more knives in the I thought possible

Sunak looked absolutely lost when he was sat down listening to it

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s clever how Johnson, Truss and Sunak have all been completely useless but in unique ways. Quite impressive.

Not sure what the two before them have done to deserve being left off your list.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Clock’s running down if a couple more of them fancy being PM before the next election.

Get those letters in now, or potentially have to wait a decade.

Nice little £115k a year until you die, they are doing a good job to get as many as possible onto that blag.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not sure what the two before them have done to deserve being left off your list.

To be fair May should certainly have been included, my bad. I think from her onwards the bar really was raised in terms of incompetence in office. 

Cameron will have his place but I’m putting him as a tier 2 scoundrel.

Cameron was a PM who got some important stuff wrong. Those that came later are clearly some kind of social experiment and have never looked like leaders at any point.

Edited by Genie

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I suspect the bolded bit is the problem.

If they start a precedent of returning cultural artefacts to where they belong, we’ll have quite a lot of available space in the museum.

There is a difference between ownership and having things to display though. They could and should arrange loans between different countries and other museums.  Kind of international exchange programmes. 

I'm sure we have some interesting artifacts other nations would like to borrow and display. Or give the the marbles back with an agreement of loans for other things to display. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is a difference between ownership and having things to display though. They could and should arrange loans between different countries and other museums.  Kind of international exchange programmes. 

I'm sure we have some interesting artifacts other nations would like to borrow and display. Or give the the marbles back with an agreement of loans for other things to display. 

It just feels really quite easy to come up with lots of bespoke, mutually beneficial arrangements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Yougov email fun

95% of people think the governments handling of the small boats is either quite bad or very bad. 

And I suspect they're far more tired of hearing about them than they are of experts. 

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

Cameron will have his place but I’m putting him as a tier 2 scoundrel.

Cameron was a PM who got some important stuff wrong. Those that came later are clearly some kind of social experiment and have never looked like leaders at any point.

Cameron is right up there in fairness in terms of damage done to this country on his watch. The ideological austerity inflicted by him and Osborne is now really being felt with the NHS on its knees, multiple councils either bankrupt or about to go bankrupt, numerous Police forces (including the Met and West Mids Police) in special measures, prisons so full and understaffed that they are having to let criminals go free early...... Their policies also had the greatest negative impact on those already vulnerable who we are meant to help and resulted in the huge increases in poverty, including working poor and children living in poverty, and increases in homelessness. 

Obviously, given her time in office, pro rata Truss wins hands down on damage done.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It just feels really quite easy to come up with lots of bespoke, mutually beneficial arrangements.

I mean, they do it already. Remember the hype when Tutankhamen was displayed. 

There's surely plenty more that can be done, and then as someone said earlier they become world items anyway. 

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Cameron is right up there in fairness in terms of damage done to this country on his watch. The ideological austerity inflicted by him and Osborne is now really being felt with the NHS on its knees, multiple councils either bankrupt or about to go bankrupt, numerous Police forces (including the Met and West Mids Police) in special measures, prisons so full and understaffed that they are having to let criminals go free early...... Their policies also had the greatest negative impact on those already vulnerable who we are meant to help and resulted in the huge increases in poverty, including working poor and children living in poverty, and increases in homelessness. 

Obviously, given her time in office, pro rata Truss wins hands down on damage done.

Plus the destruction of the onshore windfarm industry in the UK.  Imagine the benefit we would have had over the last 18 months from thousands of turbines producing the cheapest electricity that exists. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Plus the destruction of the onshore windfarm industry in the UK.  Imagine the benefit we would have had over the last 18 months from thousands of turbines producing the cheapest electricity that exists. 

No doubt it would have been pegged to the worldwide oil price and it would have made no difference.

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Plus the benefit of selling the fruits of that experience to the rest of the world.

• Like 2

Â