The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It couldn’t be more of a mess if it tried.

Sunak sounding all defiant, he’s forced to hit that big button marked emergency legislation to get it done, and he’s made it clear it’ll end the “merry-go-round” of legal challenges.

Phew!

Then in the small print

But legal heads are being scratched as to how the emergency legislation might work.

Great, so they don’t actually know what the legislation is yet.

"We must be honest about the fact that even once Parliament has changed the law here at home, we could still face challenges from the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg," he said.

So how exactly is it ending the legal challenges?

Absolute madness on an unprecedented scale

link

1 minute ago, Genie said:

"We must be honest about the fact that even once Parliament has changed the law here at home, we could still face challenges from the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg," he said.

Oh of course. This is the angle that makes sense, using it to whip up enough sentiment to try and withdraw us from ECHR. They've been after it for years, going on about the "British bill of rights" and other guff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Are they potentially setting all this up so they go into the next election with their main policy being Get Leaving The ECHR Done. Doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Get Brexit Done does it. 

Nope. If it were, ditching Braverman was the last thing they would have done. They'd be leaning into her rhetoric rather than trying to distance themselves from it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I put this on Twitter thinking it was really funny but it hasn't had much love so I thought I'd share it here where people might appreciate it...

Was there a lot of people impersonating you so you felt the need to clarify who the real Rob Warner was?

4 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Nope. If it were, ditching Braverman was the last thing they would have done. They'd be leaning into her rhetoric rather than trying to distance themselves from it. 

It is not her views on leaving the ECHR that got her sacked though is it. It was the homelessness being a lifestyle choice crap she spouted and the fact she incited the far right and undermined the Police. Having got rid of her Sunak had the perfect opportunity to reset and move away from some of the nonsense Braverman and her predecessors/fellow far right Tory looney tunes have spouted about the ECHR/leftie lawyers scuppering their plans to stop the boats, but no at the first opportunity he doubled down on it. 

I would not be in the least bit surprised if they go into the next election with leaving the ECHR as one of their big manifesto pledges. They love to have someone/something to point the finger at for their own failings. 

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is not her views on leaving the ECHR that got her sacked though is it. It was the homelessness being a lifestyle choice crap she spouted and the fact she incited the far right and undermined the Police. Having got rid of her Sunak had the perfect opportunity to reset and move away from some of the nonsense Braverman and her predecessors/fellow far right Tory looney tunes have spouted about the ECHR/leftie lawyers scuppering their plans to stop the boats, but no at the first opportunity he doubled down on it. 

I would not be in the least bit surprised if they go into the next election with leaving the ECHR as one of their big manifesto pledges. They love to have someone/something to point the finger at for their own failings. 

Rather do something sensible he felt threatened by the claim he wasn’t doing everything possible (which he said he would do) to stop the boats so needed to double down on that to cover off the claims he was back tracking. 

They can’t see the wood for the trees.

They’ve lost sight of the big picture and scratch around in this little right wing world nobody wants when there’s dozens of more pressing problems to sort out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

If he’s going into the next election with leaving the EHCR as a big manifesto pledge, I think he'll need another new Foreign and Home Secretary before does that as they are both on record as being against that. Dumping two of the three Great Offices of State out of his cabinet in the run up to an election and so soon after they were appointed isn’t exactly going to be a good look.

Even if they did, it wouldn’t be like Brexit, the opposition parties would be united against it and an awful lot of lessons should have been learned from Brexit in how to campaign against such destructive nonsense

• Like 1

This is where the once great UK is at

The PM's current Rwanda plan will mean no asylum seekers are flown there before the next election, former home secretary Suella Braverman has said.

Writing in the Telegraph, she said "tinkering with a failed plan" would not achieve the government's aims. 

She said the government should ignore human rights laws and obligations in their "entirety" to push it through.

“Just ignore human rights laws in their entirety”. I hope they are proud of themselves.

link

• Haha 1

I see the Tories have pretty much now come full circle in 13 years and are back to targeting benefit claimants in what is already one of the least generous welfare systems in Europe.

This from a bunch of parasites who have creamed off billions upon billions of our money for their friends/family/donors. . 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hunt is preparing a tax cut in next weeks Autumn statement. 
Inheritance tax that is :lol:

That’ll help with the cost of living, thanks Jezza.

Lining their own pockets and salting the earth is for labour is all we'll get from these words removed over the next year

• Like 1

Â