The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

As long as the press conference is on the edge of a cliff, and his wheelchair has no brakes, I'm all for it. 

White cliffs of Dover would be on brand. 

Union Jack blanket to keep his legs warm would round it off nicely :D

Boris must absolutely hate his colleagues, he’s in Ukraine again after 2 holidays in 3 weeks.

What have they ever done to him? :lol: 

Cost of living crisis, raging inflation and energy costs several times what is affordable at home… buggers off for a photo op. Absolutely charlatan.

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Truss refuses to go on the BBC, calls GB News more credible.

We thought Johnson was our Trump...

Well she's incompetent enough to be Trump, for sure. Can you see people storming the capital to overthrow democracy for her, though? 

Rishi saying that the government's response to lockdown was wrong, saying they 'trusted scientific advisers too much'. This really is a race to utter oblivion for this country. I really wish I'd moved to NZ when I had the chance. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Rishi saying that the government's response to lockdown was wrong, saying they 'trusted scientific advisers too much'. This really is a race to utter oblivion for this country. I really wish I'd moved to NZ when I had the chance. 

There have been 188,000 deaths from covid in this country. Imagine being involved in that, and your only regret is that we locked down too much, and didn't get enough people killed.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

There have been 188,000 deaths from covid in this country. Imagine being involved in that, and your only regret is that we locked down too much, and didn't get enough people killed.  

It’s absolutely incredible isn’t it.

We had 40,000 people in hospital with covid at one stage. Maybe we could have had less lockdowns if the government had put better infrastructure in place to cope with the pandemic?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s absolutely incredible isn’t it.

We had 40,000 people in hospital with covid at one stage. Maybe we could have had less lockdowns if the government had put better infrastructure in place to cope with the pandemic?

Or locked down earlier as the scientists recommended, or had a test and trace solution that was worth a damn, or hadn't sent the kids back to school for a day before deciding to have a lock-down, or f me there are a million things they did wrong.  If the lessons learned to be applied to the next pandemic is for the politicians to ignore scientific advice and instead go on gut feel, then we are not long for this world.

This new breed of populist Tory is downright dangerous.  It will take a decade and probably more to put right what they have screwed up and we still can't be sure that the country is not going to vote for more of this madness.

• Like 3

In fairness, a half decent shadow cabinet would be able to tear them a new one in PMQs. They are getting away with it at the moment because parliament is not in session.

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness, a half decent shadow cabinet would be able to tear them a new one in PMQs. They are getting away with it at the moment because parliament is not in session.

As I've said before, the average punter doesn't give a toss about PMQs. 

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

As I've said before, the average punter doesn't give a toss about PMQs. 

True, but the media does, and the media influences the punter.

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Truss refuses to go on the BBC, calls GB News more credible.

We thought Johnson was our Trump...

Actually makes sense. Her target audience is their audience. Why bother talking to millions of irrelevant people when you can target your audience so accurately

No doubt the Tory biased BBC is still too woke  for her, despite Robbie Gibb’s  best efforts. He’s still a bit too left wing for her views

• Like 2

How many people watch GB News? The viewing figures must be tiny, I guess that’s also the point.

Boris in a fridge springs to mind. Can’t be caught saying something stupid if nobody is around to hear you.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

How many people watch GB News? The viewing figures must be tiny, I guess that’s also the point.

Boris in a fridge springs to mind. Can’t be caught saying something stupid if nobody is around to hear you.

Which is true, but she's already said so many many stupid things. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

Which is true, but she's already said so many many stupid things. 

If she says something stupid on BBC news then a huge proportion of the population will hear it. 

It’s a damage limitation job. Like Boris, she knows it’s hers to lose so is doing the minimum to get over the line.

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

According to Social Blade, GB News has 532k subscribers and have had 260m views on their YT channel since Feb 2021.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

According to Social Blade, GB News has 532k subscribers and have had 260m views on their YT channel since Feb 2021.

Gotta be bot farms, the average Gammon only uses the internet to google search 'Truss at 18'.

36 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

BBC news has 3.8b views according to that site. I can see why Truss, who is scared to talk at a normal speed because she doesn’t know what will come out, is reluctant to go on such a platform.

Â