The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The journalist who wrote that story and the editor of the paper are just as culpable for putting that in the paper as the scumbag MP who said it “off the record”.

They should have published the MPs name so we all know who he is.

I didn't limit my comment to just Tories. 

• Like 1

People buy that newspaper every week and they know the content they are getting, week in, week out.

Imagine thinking you’re a real actual journalist, then just helping your mates with that sort of planted story.

But then I suppose if you’re working for the Non Dom tax avoiding 4th Viscount Rothermere you gave up any pretence of journalism long long ago.

• Like 1

I never did understand that nursery rhyme which goes:

Goosey Goosey Gander, whither shall I wander? Upstairs and downstairs and in my Lady's chamber...

I once knew an old man who claimed to have seen her hairs, one step, two step, kick him down the stairs

I do now though!

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Right so what are the Tories up to today because as much as lots of things aren't dead cats, this one's flesh is falling off the bones

Labour falling for it hook line and sinker though

This is classic 1980s Student Union politics, quick say something obviously sexist to get the lefties jumping up and down, worked every time then and it appears to be working to this day.

I mean its actually got Angela Rayner thanking Johnson for sticking up for her.

Sometimes the Labour Party are so predictable

I'll wager Conservative Central Office are absolutely pissing themselves laughing

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Right so what are the Tories up to today because as much as lots of things aren't dead cats, this one's flesh is falling off the bones

Labour falling for it hook line and sinker though

This is classic 1980s Student Union politics, quick say something obviously sexist to get the lefties jumping up and down, worked every time then and it appears to be working to this day.

I mean its actually got Angela Rayner thanking Johnson for sticking up for her.

Sometimes the Labour Party are so predictable

I'll wager Conservative Central Office are absolutely pissing themselves laughing

I think the problem is that the two parties have got closer together as regards controlling the Covid narrative, enforcing the lockdown and spending borrowed money on an inprecedented scale, and all they can disagree on is puerile trivial name-calling.

Much bigger issues are just over the horizon and neither party looks capable of dealing with them.

Or, just maybe, definitely maybe, they are deliberately distracting us with all this crap?

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I think the problem is that the two parties have got closer together as regards controlling the Covid narrative, enforcing the lockdown and spending borrowed money on an inprecedented scale, and all they can disagree on is puerile trivial name-calling.

Much bigger issues are just over the horizon and neither party looks capable of dealing with them.

Or, just maybe, definitely maybe, they are deliberately distracting us with all this crap?

This is a partygate distraction, nothing more, nothing less. Or something has been announced I'm unaware of

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is a partygate distraction, nothing more, nothing less. Or something has been announced I'm unaware of

But partygate is almost certainly a distraction too, and there is little doubt that people are far more enthusiastic about discussing that, than the economic consequences of Mr Johnson.

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

But partygate is almost certainly a distraction too

No it really isn't, anything that potentially has the power to remove a sitting Prime Minister is not a distraction.

Ignore the actual parties, that's fluff, partygate is about having a PM that is consistenly lying to Parliament and has broken a law he enacted. There are very serious issues beneath the parties. Absolutely not a distraction

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

there is little doubt that people are far more enthusiastic about discussing that, than the economic consequences of Mr Johnson.

See, here again, it's linked. Johnson has now told Parliament nine times that the UK has the fastest growing economy in the World (or whatever whopper it is he keeps telling.) It's a lie, he's not mistaken, it's not an accident. It's a lie. So if the PM is lying to Parliament and the country about the economy, is it any wonder they aren't interested in talking about it?

No one wants to have a conversation about, "Yes the economy isn't great but under the circumstances we're recovering better than anyone" do they. Because they've been lied to

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

See, here again, it's linked. Johnson has now told Parliament nine times that the UK has the fastest growing economy in the World (or whatever whopper it is he keeps telling.) It's a lie, he's not mistaken, it's not an accident. It's a lie. So if the PM is lying to Parliament and the country about the economy, is it any wonder they aren't interested in talking about it?

No one wants to have a conversation about, "Yes the economy isn't great but under the circumstances we're recovering better than anyone" do they. Because they've been lied to

Most people in work isnt it? Or that could be another regular lie.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This probably was another thing to distract from too I think

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I mean it’s utter bottom of the barrel stuff from the Tories but I don’t the sexual misconduct thing hasn’t been mentioned at all save for the article in the Times.

Â