• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Shit attendance today. Although it's understandable given how shit we are, I wish the rocket polishers who only turn up for games against top 4 teams would **** right off. Complete words removed

how many turned up?

36000. Embarrasing. 6000 'Villa fans' who went to the Man Utd game have miraculously disappeared. But then I'm sure they'll be back for the Man City game

Shit attendance today. Although it's understandable given how shit we are, I wish the rocket polishers who only turn up for games against top 4 teams would **** right off. Complete words removed

how many turned up?

36000. Embarrasing. 6000 'Villa fans' who went to the Man Utd game have miraculously disappeared. But then I'm sure they'll be back for the Man City game

Embarrassing? I think 36k given we are absolutely **** and we have another derby on Tuesday is pretty decent. The Man United game was our first home match for 3 months and was off the back of a win. Lose on Tuesday and we'll struggle to get 26k never mind 36k for the next match.

• Like 3

how many turned up?

Embarrassing? I think 36k given we are absolutely **** and we have another derby on Tuesday is pretty decent. The Man United game was our first home match for 3 months and was off the back of a win. Lose on Tuesday and we'll struggle to get 26k never mind 36k for the next match.

It's not good when you take into account they''ll probably be less than 35k against Blues. Plus if the first home game was against someone else do you really think we would've got above 36k

Edited by Arj Guy

Also just got back, it really was abysmal. Amavi, Richards and Gil aside, the rest of the outfield weren't fit to wear the shirt today. 

I'm dreading going Tuesday now as there was no fight in our team, they won most of the first balls and every second ball. I thought the team selection was poor, persisting with Sanchez (he was dreadful on the ball) and Westwood (bullied, backwards and even Darren Fletcher ran past him). Sinclair either does nothing and scores or unfortunately like today, just the nothing part. 

Hutton tried to get forward but his final ball was awful. Lescott was also pretty poor in possession, aimlessly thumping it towards Gabby first half who has his usual uninspiring game. 

Because they dominated the ball in the midfield, we were always on the back foot, hardly had any spells of serious pressure and were constantly outfought. The passing was atrocious at times, giving me a very unfortunate Paul Lambert flash-back. The movement up top was terrible too, with only Gil trying to make something happen. I was really disappointed and frustrated by Grealish too. He was sloppy, had no urgency, never committed to making something happen and he seems to be exhausted after 70 minutes. 

Gestede barely wins any flick ons, his dominating aerial ability certainly seems a myth at the moment. 

I hope Sherwood says we were crap. The lack of battle and effort is no acceptable, especially given the opposition.

Tuesday is an even bigger game now. It needs to be the catalyst to kick start our season. Lose that and there won't be much faith left.     

What I don't get is first half we have Amavi and Hutton whipping crosses in from close to byline ... to Gabby. Gestede could quite easily have buried one or two of those. So we bring Gestede on at half time and all of a sudden we start floating gentle hot air balloons in there, giving defenders time to latch on their grappling hooks.

Also, last week we are run down from a 2-0 lead by a team with desperation, desire and commitment. We are 1-0 down and we just meander around the pitch, playing 1-2s and then either losing the ball or launching speculative air-balls into the box.

Players just didn't look bothered today.

And can we put this Gabby plays well in derbies bullshit to rest once and for all. Gabby only plays well in games that don't involve a ball, a pitch, goals, etc. He is absolutely pilfering a living.

Poor. Very poor.

No goal threat and too easily outmuscled. 

You often hear about games where the ball didn't stick up front, where the striker was outmuscled - we had that - but more worryingly and particularly in the first half, we weren't able to get the ball to stick in midfield - Westwood, Gil and Grealish are too lightweight - they can all play, but we need a big presence in there along with Sanchez.

I thought Hutton was about the best we had today - although Guzan had a good game.

Albion won, I don't like that.

Albion deserved to win, they were clearly the better team. I find the that very worrying indeed.

Also just got back, it really was abysmal. Amavi, Richards and Gil aside, the rest of the outfield weren't fit to wear the shirt today. 

I'm dreading going Tuesday now as there was no fight in our team, they won most of the first balls and every second ball. I thought the team selection was poor, persisting with Sanchez (he was dreadful on the ball) and Westwood (bullied, backwards and even Darren Fletcher ran past him). Sinclair either does nothing and scores or unfortunately like today, just the nothing part. 

Hutton tried to get forward but his final ball was awful. Lescott was also pretty poor in possession, aimlessly thumping it towards Gabby first half who has his usual uninspiring game. 

Because they dominated the ball in the midfield, we were always on the back foot, hardly had any spells of serious pressure and were constantly outfought. The passing was atrocious at times, giving me a very unfortunate Paul Lambert flash-back. The movement up top was terrible too, with only Gil trying to make something happen. I was really disappointed and frustrated by Grealish too. He was sloppy, had no urgency, never committed to making something happen and he seems to be exhausted after 70 minutes. 

Gestede barely wins any flick ons, his dominating aerial ability certainly seems a myth at the moment. 

I hope Sherwood says we were crap. The lack of battle and effort is no acceptable, especially given the opposition.

Tuesday is an even bigger game now. It needs to be the catalyst to kick start our season. Lose that and there won't be much faith left.     

Amavi was dreadful 

• Like 1

I'm sticking a tenner on blose for Tuesday, soften the blow.

Really? If you put a tenner on you'd be lucky to get 11 quid back. We are truly awful.

I got 16/5 for a 90 mins SHA win. Knowing my luck they'll do us in extra time.

• Like 1

We will struggle to score goals this season that's for sure,Awye has been awful , Gestede looks like a donkey so far and Gabby has been utter tosh for some time now.

The worry is......you might be right.

Amavi was dreadful 

I keep hearing people say that but I really don't think he was that bad. He made some good interceptions in the first half and looked strong. He has very little protection when we are on the back foot and I think there were far worse players today than him.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

Another waste of an afternoon and my son's last game before he goes off to Uni so he got 'normal service' as his send off. I cannot be arsed to analyse the players individually. Suffice to say it was woeful all over the pitch. Sherwood was utterly outsmarted by Pulis as Sherwood set the team up exactly as he did for the Leicester game and guess what Pulis set up his side to deal with that. I also don't get the Holte End love in with Gestede, he is just beyond poor. Utterly out of his depth in the PL. Kozak looked great pre season but cannot even get on the bench. Sanchez is utter tripe - 30% of the time he is great the other 70% he is a complete liability. And why does Westwood take the corners and any free kick. He is crap at both

Overall I am rapidly losing faith with Sherwood. Based on what I am seeing he makes Lambert look like a master tactician. 

Oh and my money is on SHA (not literally of course) to do us next week.

Edited by Harry

Â