• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I've reached a really nice place as a football fan. I no longer care when we loose, that's simply the expectation. But I still get enormous pleasure when we win. 

Villa may not give me a lot of pleasure this this season, but they can't disappoint anymore either. 

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I salute you!

• Like 1

How can we serve up such a bowl of tepid horsesh*t season after season, no matter what the manager no matter what the players

the clearing in the woods commentators saying that is our best team, Gana and Traore will have to prove them wrong.

i do feel our team is better than under Lambert, Benteke aside, but that our manager is utterly clueless as to how to get the best out of that team.

A two man midfield is never going to work.

Edited by VillanousOne

No doubt Sherwood will come out with his 'no-one's hurting more than me' crap again. There's plenty of fans, including myself who have been watching the same old rubbish for years now who are hurting a lot more, Tim. At least he used to show a bit of passion, now he just sits there like the ghost of Paul Lambert.

• Like 2

I've reached a really nice place as a football fan. I no longer care when we loose, that's simply the expectation. But I still get enormous pleasure when we win. 

Villa may not give me a lot of pleasure this this season, but they can't disappoint anymore either. 

Villa are currently ruining my every weekend. And look likely to spoil my Tuesday too.

I genuinely wish I didn't care, football is a source of huge frustration and disappointment.

• Like 2

Really poor. Too many misplaced passes, no idea how to break a team down. Hutton is a better defender than Bacuna but produced no quality from his crosses. Sinclair was anonymous, albeit he was being smothered by the Boggy defenders. Gil was our best player, but there was too much pussyfooting around in midfield playing tippy-tap passes and not enough movement either making surging runs or trying to drag defenders out of position. And it's not like West Brom didn't deserve the lead until that goal going in they were more adventurous, pressing higher up the pitch and having more attacking play. After they scored they just sat back knowing they could soak up the pressure from our toothless attack. In terms of early promise followed by disappointment after disappointment, Gestede is looking like the new Tony Moon. Good on Sherwood for making a change early in the game, but it didn't seem to affect our play or shape whatsoever - it was still balls lumped forward to, inexplicably, Gabby, who of course is well known for his prowess in the air.

The same against Birmingham and there'll be riots.

Â