...what did I just see?

Spoony

You know when facebook videos start playing without you clicking on your wall? Yeah well some twunt shared a video of a Guatemalan girl being burned alive by a lynch mob, it started up and then I kind of couldn't take my eyes away. Very glad I had no sound on.

I've seen the cliff dive, 3 men 1 hammer, ken Bigley, stuff on Rotten.com & 4chan.

I honestly can't watch any of it now.  About 4 years ago, I'd have watched anything, but human suffering is just something I can't watch now or since about 25.

I don't know what the cut off point was, I didn't get anything out of watching the videos either.. I guess it was just morbid curiosity, but I can still see those things in my minds eye and it makes me sad.

One of the "worst" things I saw online was a black guy lying in the middle of the road (having presumably been shot in the chest) and him just spitting out (a lot of) blood for about 2 minutes, whilst 10 or so people sit on their motorbikes watching him. 

The video ends before you see him die or paramedics come and somehow safe his life, but the sheer panic on his face will stay with me forever.. :( 

There's also that video on youtube of that U.S Govenor who has been set-up and is facing jail time because of money laundering or something, stands up at a news conference microphone, reads a message about how he's been set-up unfairly and he loves his wife and kids, pulls a 45. cal revolver out of a brown envelope and shoots himself in the head, in front of the press at a live conference.

Mental and incredibly sad as he was later found to have done nothing wrong.

I avoid anything disturbing on line, I never want to see death, or serious injury and managed to avoid 2 girls 1 cup. I am a sensitive flower.

I try to. But when somebody posts something I pretty much always watch it after a while.

Saw the video of ISIS burning that Jordanian pilot alive not so long ago. That was pretty bad.

I'm a bit like Lapal. 10 years ago I'd have watched all that stuff.

I think since I went through the usual "realisation of my own mortality" that most people go through, watching anything involving death disturbs me quite a lot.

Still **** do it though :(

There's also that video on youtube of that U.S Govenor who has been set-up and is facing jail time because of money laundering or something, stands up at a news conference microphone, reads a message about how he's been set-up unfairly and he loves his wife and kids, pulls a 45. cal revolver out of a brown envelope and shoots himself in the head, in front of the press at a live conference.

Seen that too. Buddy Dwyer I think his name was.

I honestly think the thing that upset me the most about that was that he didn't even get to say what he wanted to say.

Edited by Stevo985

I haven't seen too much bad stuff and try to avoid it. But the other week I saw Burma trending on twitter and when I i clicked on the tag some of the pictures that came up were absolutely horrific. I didn't even know twitter showed that stuff.

I haven't seen too much bad stuff and try to avoid it. But the other week I saw Burma trending on twitter and when I i clicked on the tag some of the pictures that came up were absolutely horrific. I didn't even know twitter showed that stuff.

Yeah, I have had similar experiences with some of the 'ITK' accounts on there.

• Like 1

I honestly think the thing that upset me the most about that was that he didn't even get to say what he wanted to say.

Googled this.

Budd Dwyer was the guy's name. Turns out he did get to say most of what he wanted to say, but the last part he didn't.

Depressing stuff, especially as, like Lapal said, it turns out he was most likely innocent.

Googled this.

Budd Dwyer was the guy's name. Turns out he did get to say most of what he wanted to say, but the last part he didn't.

Depressing stuff, especially as, like Lapal said, it turns out he was most likely innocent.

Yea I read the wiki's too.

William Smith was a critical witness, and has - since Budd's death - admitted to lying to the court under oath, to give incriminating evidence against Budd Dwyer.

Poor, poor man.

If he had "admitted" what he did, he'd have got a maximum 5 years for accepting a bribe payment, but because he said "no, I am not guilty of this crime", he faced 55 years and $300,000 in fines if found guilty of the crime he didn't even commit.

So, because he stood up for himself against the court, for a crime he didn't even commit, he ended up put in a position of suspected guilt because of liars around him trying to lower their own sentences.

an absolutely woeful tale and it's terrifying to think that it could (and has) happened to many other truly innocent people. :(