GENTLEMAN

Those are very similar to the regens I signed in after my first season too (in terms of quality anyway). Yesterday my scout recommended me a regen Steven Pienaar that I sold in my second season :lol: . He was doing pretty well at 83 at 20 years old, just not good enough for where I am now. If he was that good back then, obviously I wouldn't have sold him to generate a measly 5M (I was so broke back then :lol: ) 

My scout told me yesterday he'd found a "special" player. Normally when they do that it's a good suggestion.

This time it was a 36 year old Antonio Cassano in rapid decline for £12m on over a million a year.

Erm, no thanks.

• Like 1

Also, I got an offer for my backup striker for like 6m. Rejected it because I use him quite a lot.

Then he wouldn't sign a new contract and the only offers I get for him now are 200k.

Bollocks.

Oh well. Signed Lanzini to replace Castledine ( :( <3 )

I've sold nearly all of my old squad. My entire first team squad is only 19 players :D

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My scout told me yesterday he'd foun.d a "special" player. Normally when they do that it's a good suhis time it was a 36 year old Antonio Cassano in rapid decline for £12m on over a million a year.

Erm, no thanks.

I actually signed Cassano in a similar situation in my first season. He was absolutely immense though and was my captain. I reluctantly sold him the next season because he was rapidly declining as you said. The funds did go towards Embolo though so it was all good :D . Hr recently regenerated and is at the level he was when I sold him. Tempted to buy him for old time's sake.

• Like 1

Okay so I'm in my second season with Villa, got into the Champions League in my first season but now I'm sitting 7th in January. Just bought Abbiati regen for £300k (bargain!) and Distin regen for I think £4m. 

I went for Sturridge on the last day of the transfer window in the summer but he is pants compared to Babacar, I just find him to be really weak and he can't hold the ball up at all. In order to shoot up the table at least into top 4, I'm thinking of doing a formation change to implement 2 strikers, but I just don't know who to drop.

My outfield team is:

Jese / Babacar / Adama

James Rodriguez

Gana / Veretout

Amavi / Okore / Richards / Van Rhijn

Other good players I have are:

Sturridge, Ayew, Vilhena, Xhaka, Distin (Regen)

Any ideas on a 4-4-2 or something? 

• Like 1

Okay so I'm in my second season with Villa, got into the Champions League in my first season but now I'm sitting 7th in January. Just bought Abbiati regen for £300k (bargain!) and Distin regen for I think £4m. 

I went for Sturridge on the last day of the transfer window in the summer but he is pants compared to Babacar, I just find him to be really weak and he can't hold the ball up at all. In order to shoot up the table at least into top 4, I'm thinking of doing a formation change to implement 2 strikers, but I just don't know who to drop.

My outfield team is:

Jese / Babacar / Adama

James Rodriguez

Gana / Veretout

Amavi / Okore / Richards / Van Rhijn

Other good players I have are:

Sturridge, Ayew, Vilhena, Xhaka, Distin (Regen)

Any ideas on a 4-4-2 or something? 

Id go 4-4-2, Rodriguez and Adama on wings

• Like 1

Sounds like a possibility although I'd then be dropping Jese to the bench, feel like I shouldn't have bought Sturridge but even as a backup striker he just doesn't work up top on his own and I refuse to play him out wide as I'd need to drop Adama. 

Should I go with 4-4-2, anybody know of some decent backup strikers for less than £10m? Preferably in the target man mould. 

Sounds like a possibility although I'd then be dropping Jese to the bench, feel like I shouldn't have bought Sturridge but even as a backup striker he just doesn't work up top on his own and I refuse to play him out wide as I'd need to drop Adama. 

Should I go with 4-4-2, anybody know of some decent backup strikers for less than £10m? Preferably in the target man mould. 

I've never used 4-4-2 myself so unsure on how it would work with the players you have.

Not sure on strikers tbh as i dont use a target man. Im having a couple hours on it later so will have a look around and see who i thinks worth 10m

• Like 1

So after switching to 4-4-2, I played one game and played a lot better but drew 0-0 with Newcastle. I then bought Lacina Traore, who for some strange reason is 32 years old on the game?! I'm assuming this age glitch is why he only cost me £4m, but he is an absolute machine. 

I've got him up front with James Rodriguez, with Jese out on the left and Adama on the right. About to sell Jese though, so James will go out left, another top deadline day signing in Strootman looks likely!

Edit:

Got transfer happy with a few deadline deals. Babacar sold for £10m, Gana sold for £10m, Jese sold for £14m. Already had some money in the bank so I've bought Strootman and Benteke :D

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Does he avoid the infuriatingly annoying habit of passing a through ball directly to the opponent's feet when a metre either side would set your striker completely free?

Sounds an awful lot like FIFA "Magnetic Football" 2016.

If you manage to put the ball into space you've broken the game.

You can use manual passing on PES to do it yourself, but I really haven't got the ability to do that.

But yeah, it's frustrating when that ball is on and your guy just passes it straight to the defender.

Whoa this Joaquin fella is really good. Regen version of him that is. He was already at 80 OR when he popped up in my youth team. A season out on loan and he came back at 85 and he's really damn good. Almost 90 dribbling and speed stats, with room to improve. Be on the lookout for him guys. Gonna sell  Lucas Moura now who I paid almost 40M for and is not even as good as Adama.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Does he avoid the infuriatingly annoying habit of passing a through ball directly to the opponent's feet when a metre either side would set your striker completely free?

He does most of the time, his low pass stat is currently 90, so the vast majority of his through balls go to your player, in fact many a time I've just blindly done a triangle pass with him and as if by magic my forward is clean through. 

This guy is much better than Teixera. 

Â