GENTLEMAN

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sounds like the game is pretty botched :(

They all are, Fifa is probably worse. 

I personally do not think PES is drastically better than than PES 6 on the PS2. These companies are more focused on cashing in online rather than actually make the game play as good as it could be.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They all are, Fifa is probably worse. 

I personally do not think PES is drastically better than than PES 6 on the PS2. These companies are more focused on cashing in online rather than actually make the game play as good as it could be.

Can't be drastically better than PES 6 because PES 6 is the greatest football game of all time :o

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Can't be drastically better than PES 6 because PES 6 is the greatest football game of all time :o

You have a point, the only 'obvious' improvement are the graphics. 

I think gaming in general is in a bit of a state, most games these days are too easy, do not require much mastery and frankly have very banal and lazy storylines, the intricacy and craft seems to have left gaming somewhat, with games being style over substance, leveraging the graphical power of the hardware.

It's no wonder 'old' games are now getting increasingly re-made. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You have a point, the only 'obvious' improvement are the graphics. 

I think gaming in general is in a bit of a state, most games these days are too easy, do not require much mastery and frankly have very banal and lazy storylines, the intricacy and craft seems to have left gaming somewhat, with games being style over substance, leveraging the graphical power of the hardware.

It's no wonder 'old' games are now getting increasingly re-made. 

I haven't been a massive gamer since the PS2 days, but this does seem to run true.  I enjoy the GTA series as the games are fun and still seem different enough but can imagine many others lacking a bit.

I'm not sure if it's because I enjoyed gaming when younger, though.  For example, Goldeneye on the 64 is one of my favourite games ever.  However, playing it now, it's clear there are far better games out there.

PES 6 was a thing of real beauty.  Adriano on a red.  Enough said :D

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Only if you owned it on PS2.

PES 6 on the XBox 360 was completely shit

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Sounds like the game is pretty botched :(

There's a hell of a lot wrong with it, but overall it's still a very very good football game.

Player vs player there's probably not a huge amount separating it from FIFA. But single player, PES is absolutely streets ahead. It's not even a comparison. As full of faults as it is it is actually fun. Single player FIFA is a disgrace.

Just got a 60M offer for Embolo on deadline day. Biggest bid I've seen in the game yet.

Also Ozil regen'd in my youth team yay...but my squad is too big. I realized there are a lot of good unsigned players there. Like a 19 year old Gareth Barry and James Milner. As well as Sturridge and a few other prem vets. Just sitting there forever :lol:

Just got a 60M offer for Embolo on deadline day. Biggest bid I've seen in the game yet.

Also Ozil regen'd in my youth team yay...but my squad is too big. I realized there are a lot of good unsigned players there. Like a 19 year old Gareth Barry and James Milner. As well as Sturridge and a few other prem vets. Just sitting there forever :lol:

I had a 93m bid for Ronaldo last window. Doubt ill get 1 higher than that.

Ive got Barry and Carrick sitting in my youth team..may just sign them up and then sell them.

Most ive scored was 8, seems 12 is the record to beat now lol

I've managed 7 goals twice. Funnily enough one of those was the same as Pangloss'. Ended up 7-3 because the opposition turned randomly amazing in the last 10 minutes and scored 3.

9 hours ago, YGabbana said:

I had a 93m bid for Ronaldo last window. Doubt ill get 1 higher than that.

Ive got Barry and Carrick sitting in my youth team..may just sign them up and then sell them.

Most ive scored was 8, seems 12 is the record to beat now lol

I signed Carrick in my second season, then sold him the next season. Same with Pienaar, Essien and Mexes. I saw Carrick and Pienaar turn up for Arsenal the other day :lol: . Pienaar developed a lot since I sold him, he was like 87 OR and Arsenal's best player. They ripped me apart in the first few minutes of that game, leading 2-0...but then I won 8-2 :crylaugh: 

I daresay it's starting to get easy now. I even beat West Brom this season! (and drew the other game which is huge progress). I'm currently unbeaten in the league, 23 games in and I think the only game I lost all season was against Atleti in the first round of the CL group stages. Regularly winning games by huge margins. Hazard - Embolo - Adama with Totti behind them is pretty much unstoppable. Also I realized Adama is left footed for some reason lmao. I've been always going on the outside and crossing it, but now I cut inside with him and shoot more often and he's become an absolute goal machine (not Embolo levels but still). Finishing stats turned out really nicely.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a hell of a lot wrong with it, but overall it's still a very very good football game.

Player vs player there's probably not a huge amount separating it from FIFA. But single player, PES is absolutely streets ahead. It's not even a comparison. As full of faults as it is it is actually fun. Single player FIFA is a disgrace.

Maybe so - I'm assuming you guys are playing on a high difficulty and scoring 8, 10, 12 goals in a game, though?  With the opposition suddenly becoming immense in the last 5 minutes of games?

No thanks :(

It took me 8 seasons to build an unstoppable team to start winning by those scores. Before the 8th season it was a hard slog, and most games and victories were hard fought and satisfying. I think the issue is the other teams in Master League don't rebuild their squads. You see your Manchester City's and Chelseas with 40 year old players who are a shadow of their former selves and poor regens of fake players. You look at their squads and they're full of players with OVRs in the 60's. While my team has the best players in the world in it through careful rebuilding. Getting 8 seasons out of it is satisfying enough though.

• Like 1

Maybe so - I'm assuming you guys are playing on a high difficulty and scoring 8, 10, 12 goals in a game, though?  With the opposition suddenly becoming immense in the last 5 minutes of games?

No thanks [emoji20]

I've never got those scores. I've scored 7 twice. And that's in about 110 games of masterleague in the Championship.

Starting from scratch, ie fake default players, the difficulty has been perfect. First season it was really tough but gradually got easier as I added to the squad. Second season I'm top of the league but I rarely hammer anyone and I'm still in the championship.

So I'm due another step up in difficulty next season. I'm guessing it will be at least 2 full seasons in the premier before I'm looking at challenging for the league, which means I'll be 5 seasons in. For a game where a season takes me probably 2 weeks to get through, I'm pretty happy with that difficulty curve.

The scripting thing sucks, but in my experience that's 10 times worse on Fifa. And like I said, fifa is not fun to play vs the computer. It's a **** chore.

This is actually fun.

• Like 1

Â