GENTLEMAN

Also that thing I mentioned before where the opposition gets the ball near the goalline either side of the box is ridiculous. no matter what i do they will ALWAYS get the ball in the box.

Dive in, slide tackle, standing tackle, jostle, hold my ground and wait to make a timed tackle, try to deliberately foul them, ignore them and mark the men in the box.

Literally everything I do fails. 

• Like 1

Ugh I hate that. It's been happening to me recently too. I too was 9 points clear at the top when all of a sudden, your Bristol City's and Norwich's were like Real and Barca. I drew 2 and lost 1 after going on like a 14 game unbeaten run. The Norwich loss wasn't so bad in hindsight as they were sitting 3rd at the time, I just assumed they were near the bottom.

Then the 5th game of this run was against Sunderland who just came back up. They went 1 nil up through some kind of voodoo I'm still trying to figure out. But I resolved to myself that there was no way in hell I was going to lose this. I had a grip on the game too, was absolutely battering them. The ball just wouldn't go in. Eventually I made the breakthrough, probably through Embolo statistically speaking. The game is poised. Alas, I couldn't find the winner. But...4th minute of 4 mins stoppage time and...Sunderland manage to perform the same spell from the first half and get the winner literally at the death. UGH. But wait. The game restarts with kickoff. Totti dribbles towards the right and plays a through ball to Embolo (who was playing on the right at that point I remember now, to accommodate for fatigue and injuries). He crosses the ball in to Ibrahimovic who just misses it. The ball comes out to the edge of the penalty area where Totti volleys it with his left foot into the bottom corner. Time on the clock, 96 minutes. ***** yes. One of the most satisfying moments of any game I played. I finally got one over on the stupid AI.

Which reminds me. Anyone else notice that whenever the AI needs a goal, stoppage time runs for 2 or 3 minutes more...or until they manage to score. But if it's you, they blow the whistle immediately when stoppage time is finished? Made that 96th min winner that much sweeter :D 

But yeah, I eventually won the league with 3 games to spare. 3 peat baby! In the FA Cup final and effectively in the CL final bar a catastrophic capitulation (won first leg of semi against Chelsea 4-0). So hopefully I can win my first treble :D 

Shoutout to my Kondogbia - Teixeira midfield which is just unstoppable. Also to regen Anyukov (no clue who that is) but he's like 19 and 87 OR  at RB now. Also to regen Joaqin who's 20 and also 87 OR. Came back from a season on loan at 85 from 80 when he left. 

• Like 1

But yeah, I eventually won the league with 3 games to spare. 3 peat baby! In the FA Cup final and effectively in the CL final bar a catastrophic capitulation (won first leg of semi against Chelsea 4-0). So hopefully I can win my first treble [emoji3] 

Shoutout to my Kondogbia - Teixeira midfield which is just unstoppable. Also to regen Anyukov (no clue who that is) but he's like 19 and 87 OR  at RB now. Also to regen Joaqin who's 20 and also 87 OR. Came back from a season on loan at 85 from 80 when he left. 

I had Kondogbias form on red the other day. Started him and he dominated the game by himself lol. Won the ball so many times and scored a screamer

Just got Teixiera for £14m.

With regards to stoppage time, I just think the games don't finish if either team has the ball in their opponents final third.  Always gives a chance for one last attack.

• Like 1

Just got Teixiera for £14m.

With regards to stoppage time, I just think the games don't finish if either team has the ball in their opponents final third.  Always gives a chance for one last attack.

Not sure tbh cos whenever its me attacking the whistle goes. Had man city score an equaliser against me though after the extra time

3 hours ago, YGabbana said:

I had Kondogbias form on red the other day. Started him and he dominated the game by himself lol. Won the ball so many times and scored a screamer

He's always been great, but this season he just became a monster. Literally top of almost every statistic. Intercepts and tackles like a beast and now adds goals and assists.

He's always been great, but this season he just became a monster. Literally top of almost every statistic. Intercepts and tackles like a beast and now adds goals and assists.

Top for me has been Laporte for tackles and intercepts. Him and Stones have been my CB pairing for 4 seasons now, solid.

The Ipswich equaliser I mentioned earlier was in the 6th minute of 4 minutes of injury time.

I fouled the guy deep in his own half so that when he hoofed the free kick the whistle would go.

Nope.

• Like 2

Beat Brentford 5-0 in the FA Cup final and Real Madrid 6-1 in the CL Final. Embolo was 4 behind Costa for CL top scorer going into the final. Naturally, he scored 5 in the final :lol: . Also PL top scorer and PL Player of the season. Astonishing player.

Also this made me laugh:

CCVaGeJ.jpg

Despite winning pretty much all of my matches these days I still often feel compelled to smash my control pad. 

One thing that really, really, really pisses me off is tackling on this game. Firstly the COM gets away with murder, many a time my players go down from clear fouls from behind and I get nothing, I also never get pens despite obvious fouls in the box, usually as I go round the keeper. 

But the absolute worst is tackling the COM, it happens far to often to be a coincidence, basically when I tackle the COM, at least half the time they fall into the ball and my player such that I can't get the ball, and they end up with the **** thing, so what's the point? Also it's just amazing how often a clearance from the COM goes straight to one of their unmarked players around the half way line, like a miracle ball from a centre half (under immense pressure) who seemingly has perfect technique and eyes in the back of his head, this shit just does not happen in real life. 

High time I threw this piece of shit out my window, not sure I'm gonna bother with the next one. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Season 8 and Embolo is just on another level. 22 goals in the first 11 games. He scored an astonishing 7 against Burnley, half of which were worldies :lol: . He only just acquired the 'Star Player' role. He should be a legend by this point.

• Like 1

Oh yeah he also finally got European Player of the Year. He got robbed by his homeboy Morata the previous year. Now waiting to see if he gets world player of the year too. There are only 3 players over 90 OVR in the game right now, 2 of which play for Villa :D . Embolo and Morata, 90 and 91 respectively. The other is Memphis Depay at 92 :lol: . The way Totti is going, he'll surpass them all in a couple of years, he's 87 at 18 or 19 years old.

Just played Everton and had all of my remaining OG Villa players playing: Okore, Gana, Gil and Veretout. Veretout got a brace playing at attacking mid and Gana still has it at 35. Think he's gonna retire at the end of this season. Okore has been captain for 8 seasons, I hope he becomes a Bandeira at least before he retires.

• Like 1

7 seasons and not a single AI red card, then all of a sudden they get 2 in 2 games in the Club World Cup :lol: . One was 2 yellows tbf, but still! Speaking of the Club World Cup, that's my 3rd trophy this season following the Super Cup and the Community Shield. Time to add 3 more. Also, Totti has joined the 90+ club, currently sitting at 91 at 18 years old. He went from a 40 year old's stamina to being able to last a whole game without going into the red at AM which is notorious for draining stamina. Not bad at all.

Â