GENTLEMAN

One thing I really like about the game is that you can actually feel a player improving. Even if his OR isn't increasing per se, it's still noticeable. You'll feel he's faster or a better dribbler or reads the game better etc. For example, I was close to selling Teixeira at the start of my 4th season because even though he was like 84 OR he was really slow and didn't influence the game at all. But when the season rolled around, he was faster and sharper and really made a mark on the games he played. 

Another thing is that defensive partnerships really are real. Okore-Marquinhos is my best partnership. When I break it up, things don't go as smoothly anymore even though I have very competent deputies like Varane (who's rated 87 and my 'best' CB). Just like in real life, if I pair up another CB with Okore they look good :lol: . But if I go Bazoer-Varane for example, then they're all over the place. No cohesion whatsoever and teams often cut through me. 

• Like 2

One thing I really like about the game is that you can actually feel a player improving. Even if his OR isn't increasing per se, it's still noticeable. You'll feel he's faster or a better dribbler or reads the game better etc. For example, I was close to selling Teixeira at the start of my 4th season because even though he was like 84 OR he was really slow and didn't influence the game at all. But when the season rolled around, he was faster and sharper and really made a mark on the games he played. 

Another thing is that defensive partnerships really are real. Okore-Marquinhos is my best partnership. When I break it up, things don't go as smoothly anymore even though I have very competent deputies like Varane (who's rated 87 and my 'best' CB). Just like in real life, if I pair up another CB with Okore they look good [emoji38] . But if I go Bazoer-Varane for example, then they're all over the place. No cohesion whatsoever and teams often cut through me. 

Teixera starts every single game for me..never misses a pass and is a good tackler. Try using his lofted pass as much as possible

• Like 1

Thing is, the way I play I put less emphasis on passing and more on pace and power. I play 2 holding MF's so they both have to be very physical and strong in the tackle. The bulk of the creativity comes from the wings for me, kinda like Martin O'Neill's Villa tbh. Teixeira used to be a little bit powderpuff. No way he was getting into the team ahead of Pogba, Kondogbia or Gana because he could pass well. Then something clicked and he became very competent physically which made him brilliant for my midfield because he could pick out a pass and has unusually high set-piece stats :lol:

The other thing I discovered last night was I haven't taken a single penalty on this game. I got one in my 7-2 victory and didn't knwo how to take it (I'm used to FIFA's penalties)

Needless to say I tapped it straight down the middle for an easy save :crylaugh:

• Like 1

I had 2 in recent memory. I took them both the same way with Teixeira. One went into the corner and the other went hilariously wide :lol: 

I usually get them when I try to round the keeper and he trips me. The AI never tackle you in the box which is weird. I've given away a couple of penalties with mistimed tackles myself

The AI almost never foul you anyway. But that's been a problem in football games for years.

I could probably count the number of free kicks I've had on one hand too.

I'm yet to see anyone AI controlled get a yellow or red card vs me.

Thing is, the way I play I put less emphasis on passing and more on pace and power. I play 2 holding MF's so they both have to be very physical and strong in the tackle. The bulk of the creativity comes from the wings for me, kinda like Martin O'Neill's Villa tbh. Teixeira used to be a little bit powderpuff. No way he was getting into the team ahead of Pogba, Kondogbia or Gana because he could pass well. Then something clicked and he became very competent physically which made him brilliant for my midfield because he could pick out a pass and has unusually high set-piece stats [emoji38]

I have Kondogbia as the DM right in front of the defence, Teixera on the half way line and Gotze slighty more forward as an AM. I play mostly through the wings also but that midfield 3 is unstoppable for me. Teixera is 87 or 88 i think now.

Will try upload some pics of the formations and line-ups i use.

Did you sign Lobato yet? Hes quality on mine and still only 18. Can play him on the wing but set position as SS

• Like 1

I won way more pens on PES 15, I probably get 1 or 2 a season, usually by doing lots of square + X feints in the box. 

One thing I really like about this is the individualised playing styles, it can lead to some great opportunities that can be exploited. I noticed how Hugo Loris is always bombing off his line when it comes to through balls, so deploying very fast attackers means that a slightly overcooked Triangle pass can create a great opportunity to round Loris way outside of his box and tap into an empty net. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Yeah that's one thing I love and feel FIFA lacks. With FIFA it feels like you're playing with 11 identical players that maybe diffee in speed and not much else. It gets boring once you get reasonably good at the game.

@YGabbana no not yet. I've been at a loss for who to sign, most of the good players are old now and there's nobody who can significantly improve my team. Isn't Lobato one of the default players?

I'm loving this game but there is a hell of a lot wrong with it.

My main gripe is still how the AI just decides it's going to score. Really pisses me off.

Anyway, into my second season. Missed off on playoffs by goal difference first season. But I didn't really want to go up with my squad anyway.

Bought Traore and that Bazoer guy. Lost my left winger who I started with, that Matthiesen, because I didn't renew his contract in January and it just doesn't let you do it at any other time apparently. So he left for free. 

Back up to Superstar difficulty and sitting high in the league so it's all good.

Embolo is a beast up front. But he just got injured for a few weeks which is the first injury I've seen on my game so far :D

My main gripe is still how the AI just decides it's going to score. Really pisses me off.

Anyway, into my second season. Missed off on playoffs by goal difference first season. But I didn't really want to go up with my squad anyway.

Bought Traore and that Bazoer guy. Lost my left winger who I started with, that Matthiesen, because I didn't renew his contract in January and it just doesn't let you do it at any other time apparently. So he left for free. 

Back up to Superstar difficulty and sitting high in the league so it's all good.

Embolo is a beast up front. But he just got injured for a few weeks which is the first injury I've seen on my game so far [emoji3]

Not really had that problem with the AI tbh, it i concede its usually after im ahead and they go all out attack.

You get to renew in the summer window and then january (for those in last year) if its not done in jan then thats them off.

Im in 2020 now, totti still hasnt retired but Chiellini, D.Alves, Evra and Rooney have so ill be signing them in jan. That will complete my regen starting 11 which ill be using in the next season.

Buffon

D.Alves Chiellini Terry Evra

Pirlo

Xavi

Lampard

A.Lobato Klose ??

1 minute ago, YGabbana said:

Not really had that problem with the AI tbh, it i concede its usually after im ahead and they go all out attack.

That's it really. With scores level the AI rarely seems to be that bothered. Then as soon as I score, they turn into Barcelona and make some unbelievable moves until they score. Then it's back to normal again.

It's defendable, but it just seems so artificial. The players turn into supermen who ride every tackle and jink around every attempt I make to play the ball.

Just seems like false difficulty.

Anyway, it's still a million times more enjoyable than FIFA

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The scripting is a bit of a joke, it's impossible to negate. In my experience it's most apparent after you score , 80-90% of the goals I concede are immediately after scoring. It's quite obvious when it happens, COM gets the ball, one pass to a totally unmarked attacker who buries it right in the corner (often in off the base of the post). 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

That's it really. With scores level the AI rarely seems to be that bothered. Then as soon as I score, they turn into Barcelona and make some unbelievable moves until they score. Then it's back to normal again.

It's defendable, but it just seems so artificial. The players turn into supermen who ride every tackle and jink around every attempt I make to play the ball.

Just seems like false difficulty.

Anyway, it's still a million times more enjoyable than FIFA

As your team gets better though it seems to happen less frequently.

2 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

As your team gets better though it seems to happen less frequently.

That's definitely true, but that's just because it becomes easier to defend because you have better players.

But the shift from normal team to super team is still evident. It's just that sometimes you manage to get a desperate tackle in.

That's definitely true, but that's just because it becomes easier to defend because you have better players.

But the shift from normal team to super team is still evident. It's just that sometimes you manage to get a desperate tackle in.

Just chop em from behind and take the yellow lol

Â