Lerner, Fox and Sherwood or New Owner and Staff

maqroll

Current Regime or The Great Unknown  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Lerner, Fox and Sherwood or New Owner with New Staff

• Lerner, Fox and Sherwood
    • New Ownership, New Staff

Feel Lerner needs to go if it's down to stick or twist. Worried that FFP means even a new owner can't do much and worried a new owner could be worse but just like a job where you are unhappy, moving may not be any better but you don't know until you try.

The fact that you are unhappy now means there is a current problem and like that phrase "doing the same over and over again and expecting a different result....." comes to mind

As much as I don't want Lerner (personal opinion), I don't think it matters anymore. Whilst we have FFP, it's a case of making up the numbers.

Before FFP we were unlikely to win the league or finish top 4.

And there's different ways to make up the numbers. We can play awful football barely surviving or we can win a few games, finish top half and challenge for cups. With the right owner we could still be an enjoyable top 8 team following FFP rules.

• Like 1

As much as I don't want Lerner (personal opinion), I don't think it matters anymore. Whilst we have FFP, it's a case of making up the numbers.

Before FFP we were unlikely to win the league or finish top 4.

And there's different ways to make up the numbers. We can play awful football barely surviving or we can win a few games, finish top half and challenge for cups. With the right owner we could still be an enjoyable top 8 team following FFP rules.

Before FFP we could have had a takeover which allowed investment (and to play catch up) with those who had already had that investment. Now we aim to finish top 8 and be a club which brings players in and gets them ready for a top four club.

Seriously.

**** that.

That Tony Adams business panicked me a bit. If we have to choose to stick or twist without knowing who the new owners would be I'm sticking with what we've got. Owners of sports clubs seem to be a fairly loathsome bunch - the chances of us ending up with someone decent, both financially and in terms of their approach are very slim to non-existant IMHO.

football is damaged goods at the moment. FFP was brought in to make things worse for clubs like Villa. If FFP really wanted to help football they should have imposed a salary cap that clubs can only spend to 

• Like 2

football is damaged goods at the moment. FFP was brought in to make things worse for clubs like Villa. If FFP really wanted to help football they should have imposed a salary cap that clubs can only spend to 

Or if a chairman wants to spend his own money, limit that (but don't stop it) on top of what the club can spend per-season. It'll just cause rot the way things are.

Stick. The owner has little impact with FFP now in play. Let's just see what happens with the start of this new era under a new manager and CEO in their first preseason

Stick. The owner has little impact with FFP now in play. Let's just see what happens with the start of this new era under a new manager and CEO in their first preseason

Depending on what bargains we can pick up:

Top 10 if lucky.

Getting players ready for their move to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United or Man City.

Top 10 if lucky.

Getting players ready for their move to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United or Man City.

Top 10 if lucky.

Top 10 if lucky.

Top 10 if lucky.

etc

I see people saying we should follow the Southampton way but that is a dangerous policy as you can maybe do it 2 or 3 times but rebuilding a squad so often the well eventually becomes dry

I see people saying we should follow the Southampton way but that is a dangerous policy as you can maybe do it 2 or 3 times but rebuilding a squad so often the well eventually becomes dry

Yep I agree and you need to carry over a certain amount of momentum. Sunderland have also tried a major rebuild (buying in a lot of players) and it failed for them - although you could question the quality they have signed.

The problem with buying and selling like that is you lose stability and I think that is important.

New ones of course. All over. New players too. Keep the name, Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath. Everything else I don't care about.

I'm curious and this isn't just aimed at you, would you sell the naming rights to both for more money?

It's an avenue that has must be explored in the FFP era, every possible revenue stream needs to be utilised really. I can't say sponsoring the stadium name would bother me much anyway - we'll all still refer to it as Villa Park. Although one would hope that it isn't something outrageously tacky, i.e. Sports Direct Arena.

Is the money really that much though. Real Madrid was rumoured to be getting 15 million a year while national stadium in Ireland is 4 million a year.

Would we be able to generate even 4million?

Is the money really that much though. Real Madrid was rumoured to be getting 15 million a year while national stadium in Ireland is 4 million a year.

Would we be able to generate even 4million?

We're a Premier League club, a league with maximum coverage and viewing figures so I'd imagine we'd get more than Ireland's national stadium. Even if we get say £6-8m-per-annum and that goes towards our budget, it's worth in my opinion.

Why do people keep saying the owner doesn't matter now? I'd say they're even more important with FFP. Before they were just a cheque book, now they actually have to make right decisions, have the right plan and the skills to implement and follow it through. As Fox has said, our income has not increased enough while others have, the right owner would have done something about that before we got to this point. Hiring the right manager and people behind the scenes can make a big difference.

To suggest they don't matter because of FFP seems daft to me.

People saying that having owners with lots of money doesn't matter anymore. But if someone like Sunderland got taken over by QIA or similar. I'm sure there would be people moaning that they'd leave us behind, and rightly so because that's exactly what would happen. Money makes money.

......We had a £32.5 mill pound striker playing for us on Saturday and that didn't make much impact.

not sure lack of money is the issue.....not having players with character are.

With the right owner behind the scenes commercial team we could still be an enjoyable top 8 team following FFP rules.

Fixed

No I'll stick with my original statement.

Your original statement without the amended one would see us much where we are right now, to be fair

......We had a £32.5 mill pound striker playing for us on Saturday and that didn't make much impact.

not sure lack of money is the issue.....not having players with character are.

No, playing against a far better team, with better players and a much more experienced manager were the issues.

The world doesn't just revolve around us, you know.