Witcher 3

lapal_fan

8 hours ago, Risso said:

Finished it. :( 

The (paid) DLC is apparently very, very good, so consider dropping a few quid on that - at the moment only the first pack is out which is IIRC a 10hr campaign either difficulty ramped up a bit. I'm waiting for the second to drop before diving into them both.

The free DLC isn't bad either but it's mostly a few one off missions at best an hour long.

Such a good game though. Easily top 3 last year and probably not far off that for the generation to date for me.

I downloaded the first paid DLC pack last night, according to the ad it's 30 hours.

And I agree, after finding it a bit under-whelming at first, I loved it by the end and is right up their for game of this gen, for sure.  It's not perfect, but the world they built is brilliant and very immersive.  It has a decent sense of humor as well, eg

When you're giving Triss one in the lighthouse, the mages on the ship think you're signalling them...."H...K...A...G...L...P", what does it mean?!"

It is very much like RDR, but seeing as that's my favourite PS game of any era, no bad thing at all.

7 hours ago, Risso said:

I downloaded the first paid DLC pack last night, according to the ad it's 30 hours.

That 30 hours is for both of them, with the second one accounting for most of it.  Took me a while to get into HoS but once it got going I flew through it. 

30 hours is for the second DLC which is going to be a lot bigger than the first. This one is more like 15 hours. 15 hours of a game this good for... £9? Can't argue with that. I loved the DLC, it tells a more compact story and there are plenty of moments  as good as anything in the main game.

Buy it. If you're not completely burnt out with the game it's too good to miss.

Going to give it a while.  I loved the two main set pieces towards the end of the main campaign, but the other quests had started just to become a little bit samey.  Not arsed about venturing into yet another cave for a little while. I also ran out of Gwent opponents.

On 14 June 2015 at 11:46, Chindie said:

I will say this against the game, the bugs and niggles are an ever increasing pile of shame against it. Even the free DLC is bugged. The Fools Gold DLC mission has a bug I've just come across where you can't speak to someone to progress the mission. Nothing I can do improves this, even a reload to earlier save.

It's a glorious title but there's some really shoddy stuff in it.

I have to say that I've yet to see a single bug or glitch in the game, and I've done just about everything that it's possible to do.  Every side quest, every bit of Witcher gear, every contract.  Actually I tell a lie, thinking about it, in one of the Ciri bits she got stuck behind a cart and couldn't move, but a quick reload and all was good.

I don't believe you.

I had a quest on Skellige that couldn't be finished, you end up having to fight a werewolf type thing and it sinks into the ground and you can't hit him.

Well I've dispatched lots of werewolves, and never had that happen.  What quest was it?  I'll happily post a screenshot showing that I've completed it.  If it's the one where the werewolf is in the cave in the garden, he never sank into the ground.

Skellige's most wanted

When his death animation kicks in you get stuck in a loop and can't finish.

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, the bug was known about pretty much from launch and still wasn't fixed last time I played. I fully believed it would never be fixed.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I have to say that I've yet to see a single bug or glitch in the game, and I've done just about everything that it's possible to do.  Every side quest, every bit of Witcher gear, every contract.  Actually I tell a lie, thinking about it, in one of the Ciri bits she got stuck behind a cart and couldn't move, but a quick reload and all was good.

I think you've benefited from playing a patched up version of the game from the get go, which is testament to the work CDPR have done post release. I was having the game patch as I went and ran into a lot of bugs. I was unable to clear a basic mission in the first 2 hours of the game as the scripting broke, the Fools Gold mission was broken until a patch months later, I also had the Skellige's Most Wanted glitch VO1 mentions, which was never fixed and appears to hit randomly.

And that's just the major ones I remember off the top of my head. It was/ is a very buggy game, particularly to start with, and I hit a fair few. But, despite that, I still adore the game and think it's up there with the best.

Fair enough, I did come it to late, hence why I'm still playing and hardly anybody else is!  But other than the annoying-at-times controls, which I got used to, I've not had any problems.

14 hours ago, V01 said:

Skellige's most wanted

When his death animation kicks in you get stuck in a loop and can't finish.

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, the bug was known about pretty much from launch and still wasn't fixed last time I played. I fully believed it would never be fixed.

That's not a bug, though is it? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Â