The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Corbyn is just making Cameron and Osbournes job so much easier. He isnt challenging them at all. Even Miliband challenged Cameron more and he was pretty useless. There isnt many leaders in the Labour party from what I can see. 

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Corbyn is just making Cameron and Osbournes job so much easier. He isnt challenging them at all. Even Miliband challenged Cameron more and he was pretty useless. There isnt many leaders in the Labour party from what I can see. 

Tory governments are like diets in January, they are part of the seasonal binge and purge cycle which obsesses the nation.

After the unprecedented decade of indulgence of New Labour, the electorate felt the need for some Tory discipline, and until they feel they've suffered enough, there won't be a Labour majority.

Labour can bugger about all they want because the purge cycle has quite a way to go yet, but it will end, just as all January diets end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

You've already clearly explained what you find to be very amusing.

To be fair though they are not a strong as Blairs labour when they were challenging major and the tories in that era. I find this labour party quite weak in comparison to that one

1 hour ago, Xann said:

I think Labour are a bunch of arseholes. Though Corbyn is unusual amongst MPs as he wrestles to maintain a strand of integrity.

The Tories are just looters. They're selling the legacies of the great politicians of history to their mates, on the cheap, weakening the powers of the democratically elected government. TTIP further empowers boardrooms against democracy.

To paraphrase William Burroughs, look whose money our politicians are picking up.

So Labour, struggling with their newly reacquired conscience and battered by the rich man's press, would still seem to be a better bet than the loathsome, greedy psychopaths in blue.

Unless you're a loathsome, greedy psychopath yourself, or not smart enough to realise you're being sold a pup.

Yeah, because over 15 million people in the UK (presumably you see UKIP as just as bad/even worse?) are all greedy psychopaths or stupid...

My only hope is that the Labour party wholesale adopts this kind of attitude one day because it'd lock them out of power forever.

Edited by Mantis

1 minute ago, Xann said:

They fell for it like tea on the lawn. Perhaps stupid isn't fair to all of them? There's a fair slice of ignorance too.

Ah so all 15 million of us are just greedy psychopaths, stupid or ignorant then? Charming.

55 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Attributed to Tory voters or not, do you actually not believe that there are 15 million stupid people in this country?

depends how you define stupid  .... for me that would be anyone that has a hipster beard or wears a baseball cap  ...but others might define it on the correct use of the word quorum :D or what newspaper they read  ....

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

but others might define it on the correct use of the word quorum :D

I had the decency to almost immediately acknowledge and accept that your post/comment was probably right. Not enough for you?

Edited by snowychap

37 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I had the decency to almost immediately acknowledge and accept that your post/comment was probably right. Not enough for you?

oh come on it was clearly a joke 

I was merely basking in the moment that me , Mr Bad English , may have been right ... just need Mooney to make a spelling mistake and I win the internet :)

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Not sure what any of that has got to do with what you find very amusing.

I don't like Labour and the fact that they're in a shambles is very amusing to me. Is that really so hard to understand?

17 minutes ago, Mantis said:

You have already clearly explained what you found very amusing:

On 06/01/2016 at 19:46, Mantis said:

Are Labour a bigger joke than Villa right now? Probably not, but they're getting close. Unlike with Villa though I'm finding this very amusing. :D

21 hours ago, Mantis said:

To be fair, Labour are a joke because they're failing to really challenge the Conservatives despite a number of missteps by the government. Even Miliband and Balls would've done a better job.

I agree that most people don't care about the reshuffle but then again most people don't care about politics in general.

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You have already clearly explained what you found very amusing:

No, that was me explaining why Labour are a joke.

Why is this so difficult? Take Villa for example. We're a joke but I don't find the situation amusing. Labour are a joke because they can't seem to land any blows on the government despite some missteps although there are a bunch of other things which I've already mentioned. I find Labour being a joke amusing because I don't like Labour.

I can see what you're trying to get at it here but it's not working because how I view the government and the Conservatives is probably fundamentally different to how you view the government and the Conservatives.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

...how I view the government and the Conservatives is probably fundamentally different to how you view the government and the Conservatives...

Compound eyes of course, Mantis :)

Â