The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No, that was me explaining why Labour are a joke.

No, that was you asking whether Labour were a bigger joke than Villa or not, saying that you found this very amusing and then explaining why you found Labour a joke.

On 06/01/2016 at 19:46, Mantis said:

Are Labour a bigger joke than Villa right now? Probably not, but they're getting close. Unlike with Villa though I'm finding this very amusing. :D

22 hours ago, Mantis said:

To be fair, Labour are a joke because they're failing to really challenge the Conservatives despite a number of missteps by the government. Even Miliband and Balls would've done a better job.

I agree that most people don't care about the reshuffle but then again most people don't care about politics in general.

I can see what you're trying to get at it here but it's not working because how I view the government and the Conservatives is probably fundamentally different to how you view the government and the Conservatives.

It has nothing to do with how I view anyone or anything - it has everything to do with what you have told us you found to be very amusing.

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

Mantis, Mantis :D

Sometimes I forget about my username...

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No, that was you asking whether Labour were a bigger joke than Villa or not, saying that you found this very amusing and then explaining why you found Labour a joke.

It has nothing to do with how I view anyone or anything - it has everything to do with what you have told us you found to be very amusing.

This is getting ridiculous now. I've already said that I find it very amusing because I don't like Labour.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah I just said - because I don't like Labour. If that's a problem for you then tough.

No, you've since spoken about this something else which you also appear to (unsurprisingly) find very amusing.

You originally clearly explained what you found very amusing. I can quote the posts again if you're having trouble...

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No, you've since spoken about this something else which you also appear to (unsurprisingly) find very amusing.

You originally clearly explained what you found very amusing. I can quote the posts again if you're having trouble...

No, I clearly explained why I thought Labour were a joke. Initially, I wasn't clear on why I found it amusing.

Is this actually going anywhere?

Edited by Mantis

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No, I clearly explained why I thought Labour were a joke. Initially, I wasn't clear on why I found it amusing.

You asked whether Labour were a bigger joke than Villa or not, said that 'unlike with Villa' you found 'this' very amusing and then explained why you found Labour a joke.

Your words were:

Are Labour a bigger joke than Villa right now? Probably not, but they're getting close. Unlike with Villa though I'm finding this very amusing. :D

23 hours ago, Mantis said:

To be fair, Labour are a joke because they're failing to really challenge the Conservatives despite a number of missteps by the government. Even Miliband and Balls would've done a better job.

I agree that most people don't care about the reshuffle but then again most people don't care about politics in general.

The 'this' must refer to Labour being a joke, having therefore explained clearly why you thought Labour were a joke, you were also clearly explaining what you found very amusing.

33 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You asked whether Labour were a bigger joke than Villa or not, said that 'unlike with Villa' you found 'this' very amusing and then explained why you found Labour a joke.

Your words were:

The 'this' must refer to Labour being a joke, having therefore explained clearly why you thought Labour were a joke, you were also clearly explaining what you found very amusing

And as I've already said, the fact that Labour haven't challenged the Conservatives is only one of the reasons why I think they're a joke.

Once again though, I have to go back to what I said earlier. We probably view the government very differently and thus for me the fact that Labour aren't really much of an opposition to the Conservatives doesn't bother me that much right now. If it continues for years then yeah it probably won't be so amusing because all governments need strong opposition.

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

And as I've already said, the fact that Labour haven't challenged the Conservatives is only one of the reasons why I think they're a joke.

The posts that explained what you originally found very amusing were:

On 06/01/2016 at 22:10, Mantis said:

Edited by snowychap

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The posts that explained what you originally found very amusing were:

Jesus Christ how hard is it? It's only one of the reasons why I find the situation amusing. Why are you so intent on it being just for that reason?

I know exactly what you're trying to do here and it isn't going to work.

Just now, snowychap said:

Not at all hard. You clearly explained to us in those first two oft-quoted posts what you found very amusing.

Actually, I didn't. One thing I'll admit is that I wasn't as clear as I could've been. Then again, I also didn't think anybody would try and start an argument over something so small. You're splitting hairs here.

Just now, snowychap said:

You did. I can quote the posts if you're struggling to remember them...

So now you're claiming to know more about my beliefs and reasoning than I do?

This is getting really ridiculous now.

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Absolutely not. I am frequently referring to the words you used and the posts you made.

Yes and as I've already said, I admit that I wasn't completely clear in my first two posts because I didn't immediately mention the fact that I hate Labour which whether you like it or not is a big reason why I find their current state amusing.

Look, I'm not going to admit to something about me that isn't true just because it might fit into certain prejudices.

Â