The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Article in the Torygraph making a case for 'people's QE', and Nick Cohen in the Spectator on giving up on the left.

I don't even know anymore.

wasn't the Torygraph article making the case against Peoples QE ?  or did we read different articles

The central argument is: 'Yet if we have to do QE again - and right now the US and the UK are preparing to tighten, so it is not imminent - it would surely be better to inject the money directly into the veins of the real economy.'

well, well, well, three holes in the ground

I just went on The Times website for the first time in years - what the hell happened to that newspaper!

Didn't go in through the paywall, but the stuff you were allowed to see was just cheap junk. Literally all that crap about who's having an affair, what's on the telly, top 10 best shoes, a story about aliens and something about how wonderful coconut oil is (last thing I want is the missus coming home and smelling coconut oil thank you very much).

Anyway, the reason for the visit to The Times, was because apparently their summary of yesterday's PMQ's was basically 'ha ha oatmeal suit and brown shirt looozr lolz'.

We're doomed.

Article in the Torygraph making a case for 'people's QE', and Nick Cohen in the Spectator on giving up on the left.

wasn't the Torygraph article making the case against Peoples QE ?  or did we read different articles

The central argument is: 'Yet if we have to do QE again - and right now the US and the UK are preparing to tighten, so it is not imminent - it would surely be better to inject the money directly into the veins of the real economy.'

Always wanted one of these Zimbabwean%2Bdollar.jpg

• Like 1

Just read it, glad he's finally stopped pretending! Only about 15 years too late mind you. 

EDIT: For those who can't be arsed to read Nick Cohen's article (and lord knows I don't blame you!) this parody of it will save you the hassle:

With a heavy heart

It is with a heavy heart and after much soul searching that I’ve decided I must abandon my beloved Labour party.

Sure, I’ve never written anything in favour of them, and you might get the impression from such pieces as “Miliband is a bum and smells of poo” and “Brown is a terrible plop head” that my relationship with any leader other than Tony Blair has been relatively strained. But I assure you I am a Labour supporter at heart.

Labour has lost its way. It began as a social Democratic party of the centre right and has existed like that since its birth, yet now it has been infiltrated by some awful entryists who have stupidly forced it down a path that will lead to Communism, despair, defeat and death for every man, woman and child in Britain. I think that’s not overstating it.

True, during The Golden Era of 1997-2007 there were all sorts of hangers on from appalling trade unions, left-wing groups and the like, dreadful relics from an era that should be confined to “regrettable errors”, but they knew that they were only there as ballast. A quick “Well, do you want the Tories back?” and they’d fall into line. Quite right too. They know their place. Now they say to me, “Well do you want the Tories back?” and I answer well, it’d be better than you lot, you smelly bastards, and feel like I’ve given them a teachable moment.

Let me tell you about my journey. We all have silly ideas about being fair to others or having social justice and daft things like that when we’re young and naive and callow and naive and naive. But then the sensible ones among us, like me for example, realise that there’s no point in thinking that way anymore. Do you see? I have had a journey, whereas you haven’t, so my views are bound to be more well thought out than yours. Yes.

As well as that, you will go on about the bloody wars, won’t you? Can I remind you that we did a minimum wage. Yes! You conveniently forget about that when you wheel out your bleeding heart nonsense about people “dying” in so called “wars”. And besides there are some extremists who go on anti war marches so that’s what all of you are like, every single one of you. I had an epiphany and realised war was actually, when you think about it, something that saves lives. But you wouldn’t get that because you’re stuck in your naive sixth form idiocy.

The fact that I’ve got a handy little cheque from “Terrible Right Wing Scumbags” magazine to write this very personal story of my personal journey has nothing to do with it, you understand. It’s time we went our separate ways. I hope you lose everything and the Tories win and then YOU DIE BECAUSE I HATE YOU.

Invoice attached.

Edited by HanoiVillan

I quite like having the Queen, it gives us something to put on the stamps and helps with brand Britain and she brings in tourists and so on.

The French Royal Family bring in much more tourism money to France than ours do to us. We should adopt their model.

Even if you keep the monarchy, limit them to one home and use the rest for tourism (or God forbid, housing the poor) and they'll pay for themselves way more than they do now.

• Like 2

they could pay an anonymous hitman to do it with all the rip off rents they charge for all business properties around Dartmoor - because let's not forget, Prince Charles was given Dartmoor so he can claim to be a legitimate businessman raising his own monies not just getting benefits

Have to seriously doubt the judgement of someone who would have an affair with Diane Abbot

Are you saying you would trust his judgement more if he hadn't had a relationship with her 40 years ago?

Which politicians do you explicitly trust the judgement of due to not having had sex with someone 40 years ago?

Do you have any concerns about the sexual judgement of any of the current tory cabinet?

It's a strange fear that appears to struck a lot of the right wing. Their usual fear of sex, their usual fear of calm debate. But a sort of panic about the brief popularity of someone that isn't just another iteration of the usual suited clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

Have to seriously doubt the judgement of someone who would have an affair with Diane Abbot

. . . is a bit of a weird thing to say. 

Politicians have sex with each other, a lot. Only some of these stories emerge in the media. It's not surprising, nor even particularly interesting. They live in a bubble, work closely together on projects, keep unsociable hours and always have good excuses to be back home late or sleeping in a hotel. As is often the case with professions where these situations are true, there's a high rate of inter-profession shagging. See also: journalists and detectives.

To be honest, I've been waiting for comments like that. I thought it would take a bit longer, but it's not surprising. In the short term, it's bad PR for the Army to have generals threatening a coup, or at least a mutiny. In the long run it damages Corbyn more, but I doubt he'll last anywhere near long enough for it to make any difference. Shameful from that particular individual though, and the paper shouldn't have given him anonymity, that's very cowardly. 

Â