The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

He's clearly not a real presenter but it doesn't stop the point of it being right though does it

But wasn't Nick Clegg's idea a bad policy?

Giving free hot meals to rich and poor alike seemed like a waste of money and many schools are just not equipped to do it.

I am not sure many schools would choose to spend the money that way, given the choice.

Having money does not guarantee that the more well off parents actually feed their children correctly. The policy was meant to give every child a healthy meal not just the one's who parents care enough 

So why the emphasis on the poor if well-off parents are as lousy at feeding their kids as the less well-off?

Why not say that it is necessary because parents are not feeding their kids and no kid can be expected to pour milk and cereal into a bowl? 

He's clearly not a real presenter but it doesn't stop the point of it being right though does it

But wasn't Nick Clegg's idea a bad policy?

Giving free hot meals to rich and poor alike seemed like a waste of money and many schools are just not equipped to do it.

I am not sure many schools would choose to spend the money that way, given the choice.

Having money does not guarantee that the more well off parents actually feed their children correctly. The policy was meant to give every child a healthy meal not just the one's who parents care enough 

So why the emphasis on the poor if well-off parents are as lousy at feeding their kids as the less well-off?

Why not say that it is necessary because parents are not feeding their kids and no kid can be expected to pour milk and cereal into a bowl? 

Creates the wrong kind of headlines I guess

• Like 1

It's not April Fools day is it ?

Labour's spokeswoman for the farming industry wants meat eaters to be targeted with public ad campaigns encouraging them to go vegetarian

we need Troy Mclure to make a counter advert with a slogan " Eat a cow , he'd eat you if he could "

Edited by tonyh29

the items in quotes from her within the article are:

"There will be different viewpoints, there will be violent disagreements, but it’s about trying to listen to the evidence, approach things with an open mind – and I am very much prepared to do that."

"I have my own personal views on what I choose to eat, but I accept that we have a livestock industry in this country. What I want is for the industry to have the best welfare standards possible, to be sustainable as well as economically viable."

which was countered by:

But her views were dismissed as "verging on the cranky" by the Countryside Alliance

So yet another part of Corbyn's attempt to look at things in an evidence based way and have discussion and arrive at a consensus not just accept what has been established summarised as 'nut job'. 

As far as I can see he's receiving a kicking for not just being more of the same old crap from the old crap machine that has served us so well so far.

It might well be that loads of the policy that emerges is ridiculous. It might be that he suggests something really really good, like not handing over control of our nuclear power stations to the Chinese. But let's get there first and let him potentially hang himself. Even the ever strange darklord Mandelson can see that.

Some idiot tory on QT last night tried to claim you need meat to survive, it's why we have pointy teeth on the sides apparently. Science! Well, I managed it for nearly 20 years and didn't die, but lets not let facts get in the way.

• Like 3

I read yesterday that there's a convicted arsonist in the shadow cabinet, that's proper insane in a world where politicians lose their job for taking pictures of white vans or allegedly calling someone a pleb.

Rest easy, the white van pic tweeter is also in the shadow cabinet, so it's all good.

Yeah, Mike Watson, set fire to a curtain at an awards ceremony apparently, never heard of him before. Sounds an odd one doesn't.

I read yesterday that there's a convicted arsonist in the shadow cabinet, that's proper insane in a world where politicians lose their job for taking pictures of white vans or allegedly calling someone a pleb.

You were misinformed, he's not in the Shadow Cabinet. Mike Watson is the Labour Spokesman on Education in the House of Lords. This is not a cabinet position 

• Like 1

"There will be different viewpoints, there will be violent disagreements, but it’s about trying to listen to the evidence, approach things with an open mind – and I am very much prepared to do that."

"I have my own personal views on what I choose to eat, but I accept that we have a livestock industry in this country. What I want is for the industry to have the best welfare standards possible, to be sustainable as well as economically viable."

which was countered by:

But her views were dismissed as "verging on the cranky" by the Countryside Alliance

So yet another part of Corbyn's attempt to look at things in an evidence based way and have discussion and arrive at a consensus not just accept what has been established summarised as 'nut job'. 

As far as I can see he's receiving a kicking for not just being more of the same old crap from the old crap machine that has served us so well so far.

It might well be that loads of the policy that emerges is ridiculous. It might be that he suggests something really really good, like not handing over control of our nuclear power stations to the Chinese. But let's get there first and let him potentially hang himself. Even the ever strange darklord Mandelson can see that.

Some idiot tory on QT last night tried to claim you need meat to survive, it's why we have pointy teeth on the sides apparently. Science! Well, I managed it for nearly 20 years and didn't die, but lets not let facts get in the way.

Vegans do have a problem getting enough B12 if they totally avoid animal derived products.

which was countered by:

You may not have died but it explains a lot :P

Vegetarians have smaller brains

About half our brain and nervous system is composed of complicated, long-chain, fatty acids. These are also used in the walls of our blood vessels. Without them we cannot develop normally. These fatty acids do not occur in plants, although fatty acids in a simpler form do. This is where plant-eating herbivores come in. Over the year, the herbivores convert the simple fatty acids found in grasses and seeds into intermediate, more complicated forms. By eating the herbivores we can convert their stores of these fatty acids into the ones we need.

. [/quote]

Dumb clearing in the woods:

John McDonnell, the new shadow chancellor, will tell the Labour conference that Britain must always live within its means as he announces that the party will vote in favour of a new fiscal charter proposed by George Osborne.

In a sign of the new Labour leadership’s determination to restore the party’s credibility on the economy, McDonnell has told the Guardian that the party will manage the economy carefully.

“We accept we are going to have to live within our means and we always will do – full stop,” the shadow chancellor said ahead of the Labour conference, which opens in Brighton on Sunday. He added: “We are not deficit deniers.”

To the possible surprise of some on the left, McDonnell will announce that Labour MPs will be expected later this autumn to vote for the chancellor’s fiscal charter unveiled in the budget in July.

It commits the government to delivering an overall surplus by 2019-20 and to running an overall budget surplus in “normal times”. The shadow chancellor said: “We will support the charter. We will support the charter on the basis we are going to want to balance the book, we do want to live within our means and we will tackle the deficit.”

...more of article on link

Â