The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Tories propose new harsh benefits regime whereby benefits claimants will have access to services and things like free prescriptions cut. Labour?

Not harsh enough...!

Christ. And idiots want to vote for this. They're scum.

I can't access X so did a google for a source on what Kendall actually said and can't see anything like what Nunns is saying. I am open to me not searching fully for the right term. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

The context as I understand it is that Kendall wants to support the carrot rather than the stick, by encouraging/compelling employers to offer more flexibility and accommodations to people who can't work without them.

I'm open to be proven wrong that she wants to take away their medicines, hold their nose to the grindstone and tip people out of their wheelchairs if we've got more to go on than contextless paragraphs tweeted by people that clearly have an agenda.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I can't access X so did a google for a source on what Kendall actually said and can't see anything like what Nunns is saying. I am open to me not searching fully for the right term. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

We happy with the Labour leader's apathy towards Palestinians? Is he a little bit bought off? 

His position sounds fine to me

Mr. Speaker, this operation can and must be done within international law. We democracies know that all human life is equal. Innocent lives must be protected. 

These are the principles that differentiate us from the terrorists who target Israel.

So there must now be clear humanitarian corridors within Gaza for those escaping violence. Civilians must not be targeted. 

And where Palestinians are forced to flee, they must not be permanently displaced from their homes. International law is clear. 

It also means basic services including water, electricity, and the fuel needed for it, cannot be denied. Hamas may not care for the safety and security of the Palestinian people, but we do. We cannot and will not close our eyes to their suffering. Gaza is now a humanitarian emergency. There is not enough food. Clean water is running out. Hospitals are going without medicine and electricity. People starving and reduced to drinking contaminated filth. Babies lying in incubators that could switch off at any moment. 

The deal struck by the United States to get a flow of trucks through the Rafah crossing is an important first step. 20 on Saturday. 14 on Sunday. But it’s nowhere near enough. 

Gaza is not a small town facing a few shortages, it has population the size of Greater Manchester. A place, even before this devastation, where life was a struggle. Gaza needs aid. And it needs to be rapid, safe, unhindered, and regular.

Countries able to provide support must step up, including the United Kingdom. I welcome the increased funding for humanitarian aid that the Prime Minister announced this afternoon. The EU has promised to treble humanitarian aid. And the US has appointed a special coordinator for international aid to Gaza. 

So, I ask if the Prime Minister commit to the same? Because Britain must stand ready to ensure aid gets to the right places, to deploy British experts and medical support teams and to work with international partners to give UN agencies the resources they need – for the long-term. 

Because Mr Speaker, there is a long-term. Even as we stand by Israel in her fight against Hamas, our eyes must also look to the future. A future where Israeli citizens live free from the fear of terrorist attack. And a future for the Palestinian people, where they and their children enjoy the freedoms and opportunities that we take for granted.  

For too long we’ve talked about a two-state solution. The dignity and justice of a Palestinian state, alongside a safe and secure Israel. Without a serious path — or will — to make it happen. And for too long, we have allowed welcome progress in improving relations between Israel and her neighbours, to sit without any progress on a future for Palestine and its people.

That must change. 

We stand with Israel and her right to defend herself against the terrorists of Hamas. We stand for international law, the protection of innocent lives, humanitarian support for Palestinians. And we do so, because we stand for a political path to a two-state solution. And a better future.

These are dark days. But the light must never go out. We must not let it

(with apologies for length)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Trevor Chinn funded Starmers leadership campaign and is an active lobbyist for Israel. 

That’s not evidence that anyone has “bought off” Starmer to support Israel. The money donated 3 years ago cannot be reasonably said to have been for supporting Netanyahu to bomb Palestine. “Lobbyist for Israel” means what exactly?  A Jewish person, in this case, who supports/promotes Israeli humanitarian causes and Israeli businesses and various Jewish charities in the uk and who is a UK citizen living in the uk.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

That’s not evidence that anyone has “bought off” Starmer to support Israel. The money donated 3 years ago cannot be reasonably said to have been for supporting Netanyahu to bomb Palestine. “Lobbyist for Israel” means what exactly?  A Jewish person, in this case, who supports/promotes Israeli humanitarian causes and Israeli businesses and various Jewish charities in the uk and who is a UK citizen living in the uk.

Was it a one off donation? 
edit - I’m also quoting Wikipedia almost verbatim 

2nd edit - we have seen lobbying scandals for years, why is this different? 

Edited by Jareth

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Was it a one off donation? 
edit - I’m also quoting Wikipedia almost verbatim 

2nd edit - we have seen lobbying scandals for years, why is this different? 

Was the donation to Starmer's campaign fund a one off? How many times has Starmer become leader of the Labour Party?
What are you perceiving to be a scandal here?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Was the donation to Starmer's campaign fund a one off? How many times has Starmer become leader of the Labour Party?
What are you perceiving to be a scandal here?

Has he donated to Labour more than once?

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

we have seen lobbying scandals for years, why is this different

What lobbying has this bloke done that has" bought off"  Starmer?

Various lobbying scandals have been of the nature of A company paying an MP money to promote their commercial interests and that payment being undeclared, or the MP's interest being undeclared or hidden.

With this bloke and Starmer, the donation to his leadership campaign 3 and a half years ago was declared and then 3 and a half years later Starmer has taken a view that a humanitarian pause is what Labour is calling for, that Israel has a right to self defence, but Israel must abide by humanitarian law and Labour's support for the right of self defence action against a terror organisation is not unequivocal. So where's the slightest sign of him being "bought off".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

What lobbying has this bloke done that has" bought off"  Starmer?

Various lobbying scandals have been of the nature of A company paying an MP money to promote their commercial interests and that payment being undeclared, or the MP's interest being undeclared or hidden.

With this bloke and Starmer, the donation to his leadership campaign 3 and a half years ago was declared and then 3 and a half years later Starmer has taken a view that a humanitarian pause is what Labour is calling for, that Israel has a right to self defence, but Israel must abide by humanitarian law and Labour's support for the right of self defence action against a terror organisation is not unequivocal. So where's the slightest sign of him being "bought off".

Who else, and which grouping has Chinn donated to with regard to Labour? 

Â