Injury situation for the run in

smetrov

Tim Sherwood has confirmed that Scott Sinclair and Ashley Westwood are fit for Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool.

Westwood and Sinclair both haven't featured since the Swansea City clash in March.

Gabby Agbonlahor, meanwhile, will face a late fitness test on the eve of the Reds encounter.

Agbonlahor has been described by Sherwood as "touch and go" with the manager adding the star striker is "very close".

Sherwood also confirmed that Shay Given will retain his place in goal for the last four match.

He added that Ciaran Clark, who is suffering with a knee injury, won't be fit to face Brendan Rodgers' team.

Sherwood said: "Ciaran came off at Tottenham with a bad medial ligament injury. He's not going to be fit.

"We're going to give Gabby right up until the last possible moment an opportunity to be fit.

"Scott is back. So it's not bad but pretty similar in that some of them haven't done a lot of training.

"We'll have to see how fit they are physically rather than medically.

"There are a few more training which helps.

"Gabby's touch and go. It's a hamstring injury. He felt tightness in it.

"It wasn't a pull so we've been treating it and assessing him every day. It's looking like he's going to be very close."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4647450,00.html

Hutton, Cissokho still out ? - anyone confirm ?

Cissokho was in training today but probably too soon for Sunday who knows.

Senderos has been training since the start of the month but maybe Sherwood doesn't feel he is ready yet. Gil was in training today aswell.

I'd imagine if Baker does start and with Clark out Senderos might be on the bench.

Hutton is certainly out.

I have been the fiercest critic of both Clark 7 baker but by the same token, I believe that an accomplished central defender matures with time

Both have done themselves proud this season.

+1. Chuckle Brothers no more. Well done to them. Two very decent top division centre backs.

With all those injuries, we still need to sign someone in the summer though.

What exactly has Senderos been injured with? His situation has been bizarre. He was pictured training with the squad back when Lerner visited a not soon after Sherwood's appointment. Didn't he make one of the matchday squads recently also? Yet seems to be unavailable again.

What exactly has Senderos been injured with? His situation has been bizarre. He was pictured training with the squad back when Lerner visited a not soon after Sherwood's appointment. Didn't he make one of the matchday squads recently also? Yet seems to be unavailable again.

He was back in the training pictures last week, I'd assume he isn't far.

I'm going to watch the U21's game live on AVTV. Had trouble finding it... I was looking on the 'live matches' section and it was actually under the 'live events'... Who seriously puts AVTV together? Surely live events would be like press conferences or something...

Kozak still a fair bit off by the looks of it shame.

3 CBs SHOULD be enough to get through 5 league games although you never know with Ron of course and his calves. 

If we're safe it wouldn't surprise me if Sherwood puts Sanchez at CB against Burnley maybe alongside Senderos just to rest Vlaar as we need him for the final.

Its a big ask and will take a huge slice of luck for us to even be able to field Vlaar & Okore for the final. Think Okore will make it but Vlaar has 5 games to negotiate aswell as countless training sessions. Senderos had surprised me at the start of the season and played pretty well but coming into a final against his old club might be a big ask having not played much football or could go the other way and motivate him to become Senderock again.

Really hope Vlaar makes it though

Â