Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Say what you will about Delph/Benteke leaving, they were two huge players for us last season and we barely stayed up. Even with solid replacements I still think we're looking at a relegation battle without Benteke's goals.

Have to ask how much of this Sherwood would be willing to accept knowing the club can't hold onto their top players. City and the rest of the top four will always just throw money at everything to fix issues and weather you like it or not, a club like Villa are a feeder club to teams like that nowadays. We can't realistically compete, it's all about the cash. 

Even thinking positively I see nothing on the horizon to think otherwise regarding Villa, one as to even wonder how much cash Sherwood will be given out of the Benteke and Delph sales. 

Starting to wonder how many players in our opening game will have been at the club last year.

Guzan, Clark, Bacuna/Hutton.. 

Then there's Kozak, Gil, Gardner, who weren't in first team plans last year..

It's going to be an unrecognisable starting XI I think. Luckily our last starting XI finished 17th.. so not the worst thing in the world.

you know, recent past season has proven alot, and it would of been expected that with a better manager in charge, that guzan, vlaar, delph and benteke should of been the spine of the team to lead us next season, they are the players we should of supposedly kept, however.

vlaar, utter sicknote and not as good as the club promoted when he first signed, and delph & benteke moving on to pastures that look like the grass is greener when in actual fact its been repainted green to mislead the pound sign eyes.

oh well,

in guzan we trust, in richards we trust, we now need a leader from midfield and a beast of a striker.

Yep I agree funny how he had no offer at a "higher level" in premier league so now ends up in Italy we will see how the delph benteke plays out but we have been crap for to long and they where just the best of a totally average group of players lets get some more quality in and off load all the freeloaders 

Adebeyor and Balotelli yes please

both may be arrogant ar$eholes but that's what we need if we are to score goals, being nice to the opposition defense and passing them the ball gentlemanly doesn't win us games

Assuming Benteke and Delph are gone; which was our worst fear along with Vlaar at the start of the summer; as it stands we are currently laughably f**ked.

Next week we need actual signings.  Not rumour or hearsay and preferably not gambles either.  Shit is about to get very real indeed.

• Like 4

Adebeyor and Balotelli yes please

both may be arrogant ar$eholes but that's what we need if we are to score goals, being nice to the opposition defense and passing them the ball gentlemanly doesn't win us games

Not a chance - neither will give a shit in the inevitable relegation scrap and then just nob off when we go down.

Wouldn't trust either of them in a fight for survival

Assuming Benteke and Delph are gone; which was our worst fear along with Vlaar at the start of the summer; as it stands we are currently laughably f**ked.

Next week we need actual signings.  Not rumour or hearsay and preferably not gambles either.  Shit is about to get very real indeed.

Sadly Brian, I agree with every word.... :(

Maybe DK82, but it's akin to sitting in a burning house and not moving because the smoke hasn't reached you yet.  The transfer market is a living thing.  Targets disappear all the time.  The longer we hang around, the higher the price and the fewer the pickings.  It would be borderline negligent to dawdle.

• Like 1

Maybe DK82, but it's akin to sitting in a burning house and not moving because the smoke hasn't reached you yet. The transfer market is a living thing. Targets disappear all the time. The longer we hang around, the higher the price and the fewer the pickings. It would be borderline negligent to dawdle.

There's no evidence they will dawdle. Though they most likely will, neither player has officially left yet. Give them a few days at least?

Maybe DK82, but it's akin to sitting in a burning house and not moving because the smoke hasn't reached you yet. The transfer market is a living thing. Targets disappear all the time. The longer we hang around, the higher the price and the fewer the pickings. It would be borderline negligent to dawdle.

I can understand the panic, but I think I'll give the club two weeks to make things right.

Do you think that will happen, other than perhaps Delph's replacement Gueye being confirmed?

Downside is clubs now know we have £40 million to spend so the prices will be at a premium. Club wont be held to ransom over players but we also cant afford not to invest in a new striker to replace Benteke who's goals have kept us from been a championship side!

There's no evidence they will dawdle. Though they most likely will, neither player has officially left yet. Give them a few days at least?

I never said they will.  I said they'd better not.  Going back to my OP it was predicated on them moving soon.  Hence why I said "next week" (which is a few days away) we will need to see actual results.

Do you think that will happen, other than perhaps Delph's replacement Gueye being confirmed?

I've stopped thinking or trying to predict the transfer window.  I have what must be called transfer window fatigue.  I just think they're staring down the barrel now but one thing I will give Sherwood is that I don't for one second think we'll fail for the want of trying.