Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We were all talking about him this time last year when Groningen absolutely outplayed us and took a big green shit on us preseason. 4-0 or 4-1 I think it was when Vlaar was at the game ans we didnt know if he was going to stay after the WC. Then he did an interview in Dutch and we had to know what he said (Man that year has flown by).

But yeah, I remember that Chery dude looking a world beater (as have many others against us), scored and made all the goals and looked a talent. Would be a good signing if true

This is what I was gonna post. Screams of "sign him up" from anyone and everyone watching. He's friends with Bacuna too. Could be a real possibility

Now not denying he's friends with Bacuna but if it's based on them being at Groningen together, wouldn't be possible as he joined when Bacuna left.

We were all talking about him this time last year when Groningen absolutely outplayed us and took a big green shit on us preseason. 4-0 or 4-1 I think it was when Vlaar was at the game ans we didnt know if he was going to stay after the WC. Then he did an interview in Dutch and we had to know what he said (Man that year has flown by).

But yeah, I remember that Chery dude looking a world beater (as have many others against us), scored and made all the goals and looked a talent. Would be a good signing if true

This is what I was gonna post. Screams of "sign him up" from anyone and everyone watching. He's friends with Bacuna too. Could be a real possibility

Now not denying he's friends with Bacuna but if it's based on them being at Groningen together, wouldn't be possible as he joined when Bacuna left.
Bacuna's brother is still at the club and I believe he's still in touch with a lot of the guys there. Maybe not ones that signed after he'd left though, I did jump to conclusions.

If we're signing Chery, I think he'd be an excellent addition and would be a younger better version of N'zogbia if he adjusts

Edited by skarroki

Bacuna's brother is still at the club and I believe he's still in touch with a lot of the guys there. Maybe not ones that signed after he'd left though, I did jump to conclusions.

If we're signing Chery, I think he'd be an excellent addition and would be a younger better version of N'zogbia if he adjusts

Think he'd have a word with him if we are interested in him. Yeh think he'd play where N'Zog is and hopefully more consistent.

FC Groningen has turned down an initial bid from Aston Villa on Tjaronn Chery.

Chances are that Villa does not resign himself to the rejection of Groningen and comes with a second bid.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/groningen-wijst-eerste-bod-aston-villa-op-chery-af.htm

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Chances are that Villa does not resign himself to the rejection of Groningen and comes with a second bid.

How reliable is this site, does this basically confirm we've gone for him or potentially made up gossip?

How reliable is this site, does this basically confirm we've gone for him or potentially made up gossip?

Seems reliable as the reporter is close to Groningen it seems, confirms 1st bid we made has been rejected but is not likely to deter us in making another one.

Groningen are a pretty small club so if we went up to around £3m (~€4m), they'll accept. That would be big money for them. I'd guess that the initial bid was nearer to £2m.

Edited by Isa

.......Benteke

Grealish Gil Chery

...Delph Westwood/Sanchez

Decent?

Probably, but I doubt we'll see Gil much, if at all.

I know..I'm still clinging on the hope that he'll be a part of Sherwood's plan!

.......Benteke

Grealish Gil Chery

...Delph Westwood/Sanchez

Decent?

Probably, but I doubt we'll see Gil much, if at all.

I hope Gil will feature, but if not I'd imagine it would be Benteke up top with Sinclair left side, Chery right and Grealish in the middle

Groningen are a pretty small club so if we went up to around £3m (~€4m), they'll accept. That would be big money for them. I'd guess that the initial bid was nearer to £2m.

Also when we signed Bacuna, they were very complimentary in the way we did business.

He's very direct so he'll suit the style Tim will want to play but more end product which N'Zogbia lacks.