Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Ings gone to Liverpool then - not sure they'll be in for Benteke now.

Reckon Benteke is the big man to go with him. If they pay £5m for Ings and £32.5m for Benteke it's an extremely good value strike partnership IMHO.

And what about Sturridge?

Niklas Helenius' problem was depression.  I thought that was well known.  At this stage, he would associate Villa and probably even being in the Premier League with him being mentally in a bad place.  It's nothing to do with football.

We could get Joel Campbell for about 6 mil  ;)

I heard he didn't do too well at Villarreal 

He had one or two decent games but the way their season fell apart after the sale of Gabriel and the loan signing of Campbell was quite shocking. 

Most likely in part down to the depression and pill-popping but Helenius hasn't regained his previous form at AaB from what is said either. Definitely no future here. Shame, as I liked the look of him in that preseason.

Edited by Isa

What about Sterling if he stays?

He could play within that also but I don't see him remaining at all. Too many interested parties and his contract situation necessitates Liverpool will sell.

Most likely in part down to the depression and pill-popping but Helenius hasn't regained his previous form at AaB from what is said either. Definitely no future here. Shame, as I liked the look of him in that preseason.

yep even though only pre-season I remember a wonder pass he played vs Walsall. He had vision but sadly personal problems has damaged the lads career

• Like 1

If it happens then Sturridge will probably return to wide forward in some sort of 4-3-3?

Rodgers has said he can't rely on Sturridge's fitness any longer. Think he'll drop down their pecking order for that reason alone - maybe they'll let him go. Suarez had a huge impact on him - when he's played this season he hasn't been anywhere close to his quality previously. Same goes for Neymar (better player with Suarez alongside I mean).

Edited by El-Reacho

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but a few people were suggesting we should go for Fabian Schar. Well apparently he will move....To Hoffenheim.....for £4m.

some Bosman that people keep mentioning ;)

If it happens then Sturridge will probably return to wide forward in some sort of 4-3-3?

Rodgers has said he can't rely on Sturridge's fitness any longer. Think he'll drop down their pecking order for that reason alone - maybe they'll let him go. Suarez had a huge impact on him - when he's played this season he hasn't been anywhere close to his quality previously. Same goes for Neymar (better player with Suarez alongside I mean).

and Messi too really, better than he was but still great before of course. 

Yeah, he is a sicknote. I mean if they were to sign Benteke, then that would probably be his role if he were played. I do rate Sturridge. Liverpool's whole system has been somewhat in limbo this season - it's been difficult for any of the offensive players to thrive.

I really hope we're looking at players such as Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko, both the right age with lots of talent and great top level experience....plus they play in less stable countries.

We need to take a gamble on these sorts of players, especially when their hype has settled, I hope Sherwood understands how to market the club and himself to foreign players, that's an important attribute in the modern manager.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1