2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Well according to Tom Fox Lerner is going nowhere soon. Excellent news.

The takeover could have happened and Tom Fox wouldn't know about  it - he barley knows what day it is !

The takeover could have happened and Tom Fox wouldn't know about it - he barley knows what day it is !

Based on what?

I do like a barley cordial.

• Like 1

The takeover could have happened and Tom Fox wouldn't know about it - he barley knows what day it is !

Based on what?

I do like a barley cordial.

Condemed by your own hand. If you were a true Villa fan you would drink budweiser.

Not trying to be a dick (just an accident I guess) but Vincent Tan is Malaysian.

Mentioning him in a conversation about Chinese ownership makes about as much sense as saying "wouldn't want Klopp as our next boss, he's German which usually means... " and then using Alex McLeish's managerial record to prove your point.

The takeover could have happened and Tom Fox wouldn't know about  it - he barley knows what day it is !

What on earth is this rubbish based on?

Not trying to be a dick (just an accident I guess) but Vincent Tan is Malaysian.

Mentioning him in a conversation about Chinese ownership makes about as much sense as saying "wouldn't want Klopp as our next boss, he's German which usually means... " and then using Alex McLeish's managerial record to prove your point.

Well technically he is Malaysian Chinese ;)

But he gets brought up because he is Far Eastern and that region seems to have been stigmatised as a whole.

I worry about people who may not appreciate what they've got, especially if they'd be perfectly content buying West Brom.

Pure pie in the sky speculation on my behalf, but if they're following the Dubai model at Man City, then they'll be interested in the property side of things and they've identified the midlands for that project. That's a very good thing IMO. They'll buy a club, Villa or West Brom, and immediately go about snapping up as much land around the general area as possible at a low price. Then they'll pump money into the club, making it a success if possible, and increasing the "glamour level" of the area. You don't make your are glamourous with League 2 players, you do it with superstars. The more successful the club is, the more they can look at doing serious work with the new properties they've gotten, as the value would've increased.

Essentially, if property is going to be a factor, and I think it is for any potential foreign club owner these days, you need a winning team filled with big names to draw people to the area. There's very little money to be made in football club ownership, but there's a LOT of money to be made from property development. The Man City guys own half of Manchester at this stage, and the continued success of the club is essential to ensuring they're able to profit from that

• Like 1

Maybe Mayweather could buy us and fund the club just by fighting people i know he's getting on a bit now but still

He could fight Amir Khan at VP

You mean run, duck down to his knees and hug his opponents at Villa Park?  :P

• Like 1

Guest av1

Maybe Mayweather could buy us and fund the club just by fighting people i know he's getting on a bit now but still

He could fight Amir Khan at VP

I doubt that Mayweather and Sherwood could work to closely together without their combined ego's forming a huge gravitational pull.

Â