Kevin Phillips.

Mazrim

Kevin Phillips... discuss.  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Kevin Phillips... discuss.

• Yes please....he's the bestest.
    • Erm... I think we can do a bit better than him.

Whats with all the buzz about signing him in the summer? I dont get it.

He would have been a target with DOLs previously thought budget maybe but now? I cant believe it.

Why we shouldnt sign him:

• He's approaching his last couple of years and thus has no resale value.

He is behind a striker we SOLD in the pecking order at a relegation candidate team. We would be an absolute laughing stock.

He already turned us down, the cheeky clearing in the woods. That should be the end of it.

He's overrated.

He would push a youth player back and I would rather Luke and Gabby were moved up in the pecking order than sign this powder headed ponce.
    Either we sign somebody better than JPA and Vass or dont bother.

I think he was a definite target for the summer if we hadn't announced that we were going to spend big in the summer.

I think DOL has as much said that he will now go back to players he had forgotten about because he thought he would never have the money. That said he may well be bought as a squad filler. £1m at most for me.

I agree with Jimmy 2mill or less he will still score goals, never know mihgt start banging them in from 30yards like at Sunderland.

If we could get him for around £1m plus sensible wages, he'd be a good squad player, but can't see him accepting squad wages or Soton a £1m :roll:

Always thought Phillips was crap to be honest, the only time he was ever any good was when he was partnered with Niall Quinn who did all the hard work for him. We don't have any Niall Quinns up front for us so I REALLY can't see the point. He's no better than we have and I don't think he will suit our style of play plus hes getting on a bit too

I voted yes.

I don't think he is the 'bestest' but, I do think he is a very good player who would improve the current squad.

I admit I would be dissapointed if he were to be the only forward we signed but I would be happy to see him in a Villa shirt.

He was good a few years ago when he had Niall Quinn by his side... but I don't think too much of him of a player nowadays...

still if he pulls on the Claret and Blue and steps onto Villa Park, he'll have my 100% backing and I would hope he proves me wrong

("No" for me though)

If he didn't want to come in January we shouldn't bother with him the summer. How loyal would he have been to Soton had ManU, Ars, Newcastle, etc wanted him. He would have been out of town before you can say 'relegation fight'. If he isn't excited about joining us...we don't want him. He'll make a good Championship Player!

Certainly sounds like he put in a lively performance today - trying to get back into DOLs good books?

I think DOL will keep him in mind as backup if he fails to land a bigger fish in the summer.

I voted option 2.

Yeah KP is a decent player and I would have jumped at his signing 3 or 4 years ago but surely if DOL is building a team he needs to look at younger options. Give me Keane any day over KP.

Having said that if we did sign him I would hope its for minumum payment and on a short contract and I would still be pretty please but lets look to the future and get a younger player on a lopnger contract please DOL.

I do hope that he doesnt sign him. He´ll get even older next season and if you cant score more goals than this against a team with defensive problems like Villa have then I would certainly question his ability today...and tomorrow!