Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

LN5FavT.jpg

The North East Megalopolis of the USA.  It's population is about the same as England. 

I think I finally get the whole "there is nothing of interest in Delaware" thing too.  Maybe some American VT'ers can confirm but is it because of the motorway?  The I95 is the main road along here, it links all the cities and between DC and Philly a stretch of it goes through Delaware for about 15 minutes. It's the only motorway in Delaware and it's all of Delaware that millions and millions of people see every year. 

• Like 1

I think I finally get the whole "there is nothing of interest in Delaware" thing too.  Maybe some American VT'ers can confirm but is it because of the motorway?  The I95 is the main road along here, it links all the cities and between DC and Philly a stretch of it goes through Delaware for about 15 minutes. It's the only motorway in Delaware and it's all of Delaware that millions and millions of people see every year. 

Southern Delaware has some decent beaches, but I-95 goes through Wilmington, which is a giant sewer.  There's just nothing really worth going to Delaware for that the surrounding areas don't already have.  

LN5FavT.jpg

The North East Megalopolis of the USA.  It's population is about the same as England. 

I swear this video misses some stuff they say about Delaware.

Doesn't Garth suggest they go to a screen door factory?

Ultimate pedantry in the map: it includes the gap in I-95.

Also an interesting bit of trivia, only seven of the counties along I-95's route from Canada to Miami are rural (having neither a metropolitan or micropolitan area): "The County" (Maine), Somerset (Maine), Waldo (Maine), Greensville (Virginia), Dillon (South Carolina), Clarendon (South Carolina), Hampton (South Carolina). The gap from Maine to Virginia is only 20 miles shy of Land's End to John O'Groats; from South Carolina to Miami, 539 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

LN5FavT.jpg

pearl_river_large.0.jpg

Edit: Quite incredible, isn't it? We're getting real-life Coruscants :)

Edited by legov
  • Like 2

18477-1ke9kn9.jpg

Heat map of all the internet connected devices in the world.

Doesn't China have the world's largest number of Internet users?

Could be that they are massively concentrated in a few big cities, which kinda disappears in that massive rural space. Unlike say, France or the UK, where it's everywhere.

18477-1ke9kn9.jpg

Heat map of all the internet connected devices in the world.

Doesn't China have the world's largest number of Internet users?

Could be that they are massively concentrated in a few big cities, which kinda disappears in that massive rural space. Unlike say, France or the UK, where it's everywhere.

There are, what, 400, 500 million Internet users in China? Way too many for "massive concentration in a few big cities" - besides, that map doesn't suggest massive concentration in any cities (apart from Shanghai and the surrounding region)

It's a map of internet connected devices.

Which would include servers, and also mean that someone with multiple PCs, a smartphone (or multiple smartphones for that matter), a tablet, a smart TV, a smart refrigerator, etc. would be counted many times over.

• Like 1

Â