All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

3 hours ago, BOF said:

A quick google suggests you've been singing it right all these years.

It's 'Junglist'. Lifted from a track called 'Incredible' by M-Beat. I think it's on every Jungle compilation ever.

Reggae patois for someone from the edge of town where civilization ends and the jungle begins.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

It's 'Junglist'. Lifted from a track called 'Incredible' by M-Beat. I think it's on every Jungle compilation ever.

Reggae patois for someone from the edge of town where civilization ends and the jungle begins.

I stand corrected educated :thumb::)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Massive tune on The Box, on Birmingham Cable, back in the day. When it was re-released and got in the charts, they remixed it, and it lost its edge a little bit.  Original mix could turn a Hare Krishna into a bad boy!   

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Massive tune on The Box, on Birmingham Cable, back in the day. When it was re-released and got in the charts, they remixed it, and it lost its edge a little bit.  Original mix could turn a Hare Krishna into a bad boy!   

Sliding rapidly off topic, but he performed it live on 1Xtra last year.  Love it or hate it as a tune, he's got some skills to be that fast...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sliding rapidly off topic, but he performed it live on 1Xtra last year.  Love it or hate it as a tune, he's got some skills to be that fast...

Haha! I just watched that 30 seconds ago, and was considering posting it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Was that the channel which had about a dozen songs on rotation for weeks? I remember seeing That's Entertainment about a hundred times.

9 hours ago, coda said:

Was that the channel which had about a dozen songs on rotation for weeks? I remember seeing That's Entertainment about a hundred times.

As far as I remember it was like a TV jukebox. The idea was, you rang a number and selected the song you wanted to hear. I don't recall That's Entertainment (edit: I recall the song obviously, but not it being on The Box) , but I do remember sat in my mate's front room, waiting for Incredible to come one (his Mom wouldn't let us ring up), along with Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, and Out of Space by the Prodigy, as well as a few others. When my Nan and Grandad got cable, my cousin, brother, and I would watch it, with the video ready to record when a song we liked came on.   

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Â