What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Zeppelin I and II were good, the rest? Meh. I prefer the heavy blues stuff more than the Tolkenesque folk stuff. A bugbear of mine is how often they blatantly copied people (usually old blues songs) and passed them off as their own. A lot of his folk folk stuff was, erm..... heavily influenced...... by Bert Jansch.

Waggoners Lad/Bron Y Aur StompNot credited to Bert Jansch

Blackwater Side/Blackmountain Side Not credited to Bert Jansch

When The Levee Breaks Not credited to Memphis Minnie.

Shake Em on DownInfluenced Custard Pie and Hats off to Roy Harper, Bukka White not credited for either. A bit tenuous that one - but still?

Anyway.....I was listening to Elbow, who were just on Jonathan Ross, good song cant remember what it's called.

I reckon Elbows new albbum could be very very good if

is anything to go by. really like them but their albums always seem to a slight let down, they'll produce a few great songs and then a load that don't quite get to that standard. Hoping Seldom Seen Kid bucks that trend.

Anyway, currently on Sea Song - Doves. Great song by a very underrated band. Their earlier stuff, like this, appears in loads of TV shows, especially Top Gear.

does anyone still scrobble

I do, though when I'm listening to Sirius, that doesn't scrobble...

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

I know some will be aghast that a non-Bon track could be considered the best AC/DC song ever, but I can't think of a better AC/DC track.

Listening to Buzzsaw, which, thanks to a bit of perl hacking on my part, scrobbles.

Next track was Van Halen - Everybody Wants Some!!

During which, a song-seek triggered for Kate Nash - Foundations on Alt Nation

Â