What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I have this on vinyl, it is excellent dub

Currently I'm listening to this

Yeh I have the vinyl too, wasn't too keen on the extra tracks on the cd version. I've heard Cry Tuff Dub Encounter Chapter 3 by Prince Far I and the Arabs is meant to have a similar sound.

Yeh I have the vinyl too, wasn't too keen on the extra tracks on the cd version. I've heard Cry Tuff Dub Encounter Chapter 3 by Prince Far I and the Arabs is meant to have a similar sound.

Thats produced by Adrian Sherwood iirc (ignore the Prince Far I self production label AS did a lot of work for PFI uncredited), certainly has many of the early ON-U Dub Posse on it, Style Scott, Bingy Bunny, Flabba Holt, Ari Up, Steve Beresford et al.

The FLying Lizards album does come across as a bit early ON-U dubby so I can see your point.

Thats produced by Adrian Sherwood iirc (ignore the Prince Far I self production label AS did a lot of work for PFI uncredited), certainly has many of the early ON-U Dub Posse on it, Style Scott, Bingy Bunny, Flabba Holt, Ari Up, Steve Beresford et al.

The FLying Lizards album does come across as a bit early ON-U dubby so I can see your point.

Thanks for the information,  I'm not really down with the background of records I just go by sound and emotion, I should learn more about this stuff, thanks.

Doo-Wop Mambo, I love it! Not typical of Sun Ra at all. Cool track.

Theres a bunch of other Doo wop tracks on the Sun Ra Interplanetary Melodies album.

Daddy's Gonna Tell You No Lie  and Somebody's In Love are the two others I really like, not sure how exactly Sun Ra is connected to the music though, I know they were released on his Saturn label.

Edited by useless

Â