What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Overglazed by the Breeders thanks to the new genius thing in itunes

You know you get loads of albums together from well you know the er big album shop in the sky and you put them in your itunes library, thinking I'll get round to listening to that and in reality you listen to a few tracks once

Well the genius thing is great for bringing you back round to songs in your library that you should have listened to and haven't (it also plays some shit at you but ultimately thats your fault for having it there in the first place)

So I'm liking the genius thing because it does that and it reminded me to listen to the Breeders album and that track is quite good so its gets uped a notch on the star rating which will bring it into the scope of my smart playlists that run off the star ratings, so it'll now get played again

so whilst I've ben typing this the genius has gone from the breeders to:-

Sing for the Submarine from the latest REM album Accelerate, which as a song probably falls into the same categoy as the breeders and will be upped a star

Elbow - Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver

Since they're on the recording of the Mercury Prize on the telly atm, and deservedly won the thing.

And incidently, do they have some monopoly on fit string players? Their violinists the last few times I've seen them live have been of the 'Phwoar' variety.

Since seeing you recommend Burial, I got hold of his second album and bloody loved it so I'd have to agree there Bicks. Yhe cynical part of me thinks they were never gonna award it to a bloke who wouldn't turn up, but he'd have been a good winner regardless.

Rewound the telly to watch a couple of the performances again, so currently have the rather nice

Laura Marling - Night Terror

on. Another to get hold of I think.

Â