What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Over 8 minutes but never boring.oved this at the time and although not played in many many years, still sounds good. 

Today I learned that it's an Ivor Cutler song. I know what I am playing once this is done. 

Edited by Seat68

1 minute ago, bickster said:

How is that possible? 

I genuinely don't know. I don't own all of Nick Caves albums but I own a fair amount as well as regularly listening on YouTube etc. The stupid thing is I knew he had a song called In The Ghetto and assumed it was an original with the same name. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I genuinely don't know. I don't own all of Nick Caves albums but I own a fair amount as well as regularly listening on YouTube etc. The stupid thing is I knew he had a song called In The Ghetto and assumed it was an original with the same name. 

As a complete aside in relation to another conversation, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have never had a Top Ten single in the UK. He's pretty culturally important and influential though, even sells out multiple nights at the country's largest concert halls

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

As a complete aside in relation to another conversation, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have never had a Top Ten single in the UK. He's pretty culturally important and influential though, even sells out multiple nights at the country's largest concert halls

I agree. I could ask a poll of people to name a song by him and most, other people, would struggle. A single song. Maybe they might say, that one with Kylie or that one from Shrek. At a push. But if he was to announce a tour tomorrow the expectation would be NIA sized venues. Or as was the case, the O2. 

• Like 2

Â