What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Stone Roses’ Second Coming was an album I did my best to avoid hearing until I bought it. Bought it on a week day and took the day off so I’d be home alone and listen to it properly in peace.

That intro is just magnificent. It does split opinion, I’m on the side that love it.

But that might be because I was a bit detached from it, I was late 20’s and getting less serious about what I loved and hated. Mellowing towards my 30’s and happy enough to ‘like’ Oasis and also ‘like’ Blur at the same time. But not be that bothered about either.

• Like 3

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Stone Roses’ Second Coming was an album I did my best to avoid hearing until I bought it. Bought it on a week day and took the day off so I’d be home alone and listen to it properly in peace.

That intro is just magnificent. It does split opinion, I’m on the side that love it.

But that might be because I was a bit detached from it, I was late 20’s and getting less serious about what I loved and hated. Mellowing towards my 30’s and happy enough to ‘like’ Oasis and also ‘like’ Blur at the same time. But not be that bothered about either.

I never got the Blur v Oasis thing either . I love both , I like a lot of the brothers solo stuff and I like Gorillaz.

Bands are not football teams.

This intro ...

• Like 1

Turn off your mind, relax and flow downstream; it is not dying… it is not dying… 

Also works as a Michel Gondry greatest hits video.

Edited by Brumerican

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

For me two of their best songs weren't on either album.

How can lyrics this dark be so uplifting FFS ?

Am I the only one who always heard that as Liverpools where I belong all these years. Which did confuse me with them being from Manchester. Ah well.

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Am I the only one who always heard that as Liverpools where I belong all these years. Which did confuse me with them being from Manchester. Ah well.

Liverpool fans do sing that yes but it's "river cools".

• Like 1

Â