What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Conversation about right n wrong in other threads put me in mind of this old beauty

I love Shipbuilding. I love Wyatts voice on it, the grimness and as much as I like Elvis Costellos version its not a patch on this. It is now going to play. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

35035937223_73ba33e94d_w.jpg

I went through a brief phase of photos in record shops.

Not one shop owner or assistant gave a flicker of a suggestion it was weird that they’d been asked to take a photo of me.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I love Shipbuilding. I love Wyatts voice on it, the grimness and as much as I like Elvis Costellos version its not a patch on this. It is now going to play. 

Even though Costello wrote the lyrics, I think I'm correct in saying the tune was written for Wyatt by Clive Langer but then Mr McManus got involved with the lyrics and what was happening with it changed, changed again but then it was again for Wyatt .... or something like that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Even though Costello wrote the lyrics, I think I'm correct in saying the tune was written for Wyatt by Clive Langer but then Mr McManus got involved with the lyrics and what was happening with it changed, changed again but then it was again for Wyatt .... or something like that

I didn’t know that. I assumed Wyatt wrote it and it was a straight cover. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I didn’t know that. I assumed Wyatt wrote it and it was a straight cover. 

Nope its a Costello / Langer song but Wyatt was the first to release it

Can't be many songs where the cover came first! (probably quite a few back in the Mooney Age but recently)

• Like 2

Â