What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Vive le Void is the new side project of Sanaa Yamada from Moon Duo (which in turn is a side project of Wooden Shjips, Ripley Johnson). That kinda tells you the territory this is in. Laid back Californian trippy psychedelic meanderings.

• Like 1

I've never liked Oasis, in fact I think they're wank, but that new Noel Gallagher song Holy Mountain is an impressive production (ok apparently it's not that new but I only heard it yesterday).

Bits of Phil Spector and The Beach Boys lurking in there, nice work Mr Monobrow ;)

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've never liked Oasis, in fact I think they're wank, but that new Noel Gallagher song Holy Mountain is an impressive production (ok apparently it's not that new but I only heard it yesterday).

Bits of Phil Spector and The Beach Boys lurking in there, nice work Mr Monobrow ;)

New? According to YouTube, it came out last October. 

Sounds like "Ça plane pour moi" to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

New? According to YouTube, it came out last October. 

Sounds like "Ça plane pour moi" to me. 

Someone on the comments section said that as well

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

Used know Martin back in the day, promoted a few early Boo Radleys gigs. Check out Gold Lift from last year, bit of a political satire

If anyone would ever take the time to ask me I would say this is the best song to never chart. 

I heard it on Absolute radio a couple of years ago and had it on my MP3 all summer long. Just had a wish to listen to it again last weekend so posted it on here. 

Boo Radleys - It's Lulu > Wake Up Boo 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The first few times I heard that song without knowing who it was I was 100% convinced it was The Vaccines. 

I heard an interview with him about making the album and he pretty much admitted that it was his collaborator (don't know who it was) who forced the sound and told him to drop all his previous stuff at the door. 

He made it sound like it was his idea but the way he described it,  it was mainly down to the other guy. 

• Like 1

Aah, now that particular track, No More Heroes, was absolutely seminal for me.

We were sat in the car, outside a shop waiting for my mum. Just me and my dad, listening to the radio. This came on and I recognised it straight away and said I liked it.

My old man's taste was very straightforward. White blokes doing stadium rock. He went nuts that I could like something so shit, so awful, so lacking in music, so not Queen, so not Joe Walsh, something clearly horrible. It actually made him angry. He switched it off.

I thought, 'eh, I'm on to something here'.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Aah, now that particular track, No More Heroes, was absolutely seminal for me.

We were sat in the car, outside a shop waiting for my mum. Just me and my dad, listening to the radio. This came on and I recognised it straight away and said I liked it.

My old man's taste was very straightforward. White blokes doing stadium rock. He went nuts that I could like something so shit, so awful, so lacking in music, so not Queen, so not Joe Walsh, something clearly horrible. It actually made him angry. He switched it off.

I thought, 'eh, I'm on to something here'.

Not Queen, not Joe Walsh, and yet somehow so Doors. 

This is interesting, meant to be filed under Jazz but don't let that put you off. Let this put you off instead... improvised music that to my ears is channeling some Bristol style post-punk with an awful lot of Sheffield scene industrial and a sax player, very much in the style of Colin Stetson. I wouldn't imagine many on here would like this but there are a few who may appreciate it

• Like 1

Â