What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

49e53e25-43f0-4b84-b837-fd3c103a52fc.jpg

The Muppets & OK Go -

Joe Harriott & John Mayer's Indo-Jazz Suite "Raga Megha". Niiiiiiice.

Mayer's 'Etudes' and 'Radha Krishna' are brilliant. 'Capriccio' is one of my fave Jazz tracks. 'Curried Jazz' by the Indo-British Ensemble is cool too.

Sleepingdog - Untitled Ballad of Me and You

If you like dreampop you must must listen to her. If you havent heard any dreampop you must must listen to her

try

She is touring the UK with a coupla others toward the end of the yea, I suggest taking yer girly

"Rosie" as sung by convicts at Parchman Farm

"Inside Looking Out" as performed by The Animals... somewhat based on "Rosie" in parts

"Inside Looking Out" as performed by Grand Funk Railroad... they stretched it out and added some more riffs

"Sound of Da Police" by KRS One... note the sample of a riff added by Grand Funk Railroad to "Inside Looking Out"

"Takeover" by Jay-Z... samples the line "Watch out, we run New York" from "Sound of Da Police"

609512064809dd7c2739z.jpg

Alan Lomax (who for some inexplicable reason holds the copyright to "Rosie" and thus is credited as a co-writer to every other track thanks to quotation, covering the quotation, sampling of the cover, and sampling of the track that sampled the cover. Not one millisecond of "Sound of Da Police" or "Takeover" is from Rosie.

Absurd, no?

Absurd that an individual can copyright a trad. tune.

Lomax Jr & Sr seemed quite the altruists, what's their estate doing with the money?

It wouldn't wash here, songs go into the public domain sooner too.

There's something going on with the Lomax stuff, someone was chatting to me about a film or something...

Â