What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

And one from "MOR rock" band The 1975

On paper, these should really be my thing. The brand of pop they do is the sort I like, and usually if you like it, I tend to like it. But I don't get them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

On paper, these should really be my thing. The brand of pop they do is the sort I like, and usually if you like it, I tend to like it. But I don't get them.

Shame, have you heard much of their stuff? I can make plenty more genre-spanning recommendations.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Shame, have you heard much of their stuff? I can make plenty more genre-spanning recommendations.

I haven't heard a great deal if I was being honest, odd tracks but nothing that made me think I want to listen to more. Not to say I won't.

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I haven't heard a great deal if I was being honest, odd tracks but nothing that made me think I want to listen to more. Not to say I won't.

Put some of my favourites here in a somewhat chronological playlist:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blandy said:

Never heard either of them before. Both v. good.

Cheapo local bands where I appear to have struck lucky and discovered them as they all hit a rich vein of form.

Sock, the vinyl album was £14 and then I went to see them live, they were excellent and the gig was £5. New album, Saturday night gig, change from a twenty. Ridiculous.

My Name Is Ian, describe themselves as the worst band in Wales, I would disagree. 

But yeah, every month I’m buying this stuff on the very briefest of listens, 30 seconds of a random track just to make sure it isn’t thrash metal screaming, and there hasn’t been a duffer or a wasted month yet.

CVC, Ynys, Pixie Jones, Trampolene, Rogue Jones, Sister Wives, Sweet Baboo. Turns out there’s a ridiculous amount of new listenable stuff out there. So I’m hoovering it up before the vinyl bubble bursts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Sweet Baboo

He’s ace, saw him support Bill Ryder-Jones, came up from Cardiff for a one off support whilst he was in the middle of producing someone else’s album. Comes across as a genuinely nice man too

• Like 1

Â