What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I've given Big Bird multiple likes, it may only come out as a single like, but it was 3!

That may have just set my listening theme for a few hours, immense.

I found a live version on some free CD on Mojo or somesuch a while ago and it makes it onto just about every mixtape I do.

• Like 1

Punky weirdness, I like ^^^

I couldn't remeber her name, I eventually found it on a No Wave compilation.

As far as I know she only has one release under that name, a playlist of which is here.

She was  more famous as Lizzy Mercier Descloux, I believe.

Edited by useless

Had a conversation tonight about seeing Love play live...

The rumour was that they didn't like touring too far from home in case the drugs dried up.

Went to see Arthur Lee at Glastonbury. Mainly for the same reasons as seeing James Brown and Dylan, a box ticking exercise.

Glad I did.

It obviously wasn't going to be as intense as LA in the 60s, and everyone knew Arthur was dieing - But it was nice, a gentle farewell to a legend.

• Like 1

Had a conversation tonight about seeing Love play live...

The rumour was that they didn't like touring too far from home in case the drugs dried up.

Went to see Arthur Lee at Glastonbury. Mainly for the same reasons as seeing James Brown and Dylan, a box ticking exercise.

Glad I did.

It obviously wasn't going to be as intense as LA in the 60s, and everyone knew Arthur was dieing - But it was nice, a gentle farewell to a legend.

I saw them at Newcastle Opera House in 2002, when they played Forever Changes in full. They had a string and horn section with them, and it was pretty damn special. I also saw them without Lee (a quickly organised gig by my mate. Lee wanted a rest and the band wanted a warm up for their next gig), in Darlington. Johnny Echols was the only original member, but it was pretty much the same band that played at Newcastle. Even without Lee, they were brilliant. I got in free as well, and got to meet Johnny Echols after the gig, which made it even better. 

• Like 1

Â