Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

People's love for cold pizza. It should be straight away when the cheese is still stringy or not at all.

Cold Pizza is delicious! Especially if it's been in the fridge, and the cheese has gone hard.

Possibly setting myself up for a "fixed" here.

Holocaust deniers.

Genuinely mental.

Mostly by people with Far Right leaning. Aren't quite a few of the BNP's "top brass" Holocaust deniers? As if they weren't loveable enough?! 

• Like 1

You'd think the BNP would love the Jews, seeing as they are the arch enemies of the Muslims. Whereas Hitler was quite happy to have Muslim units in the SS. 

Edited by mjmooney

People's love for cold pizza. It should be straight away when the cheese is still stringy or not at all.

Cold Pizza is delicious! Especially if it's been in the fridge, and the cheese has gone hard.

I agree on the pizza being good cold, cant agree on cold spag bog, lasagne and chilli though that all sounds iffy to me

• Like 2

American or British neo Nazis. whose grandparents either fought the Germans in WW2, or had their lives turned upside down at home because of them. And these clowns parade around with the Nazi flag. Disgraceful. I'd love to bash a skinhead.

• Like 1

I agree on the pizza being good cold, cant agree on cold spag bog, lasagne and chilli though that all sounds iffy to me

Is it possible that you're not sourcing your ingredients correctly?

• Like 1

American or British neo Nazis. whose grandparents either fought the Germans in WW2, or had their lives turned upside down at home because of them. And these clowns parade around with the Nazi flag. Disgraceful. I'd love to bash a skinhead.

Damn straight. [emoji106]

Ironically a real skinhead's look is based on a love of black music, it just got hijacked by the neo nazi types.

• Like 1

Ironically a real skinhead's look is based on a love of black music, it just got hijacked by the neo nazi types.

I read maqroll's comment earlier, and was meaning to come back and say something similar (not that I disagree, that Nazi skins deserve a shoeing). You did it for me.  

I'd like to bash an America-hating Jane Fonda lovin' pinko.

(this is meant to be a kind of joke in case there's any doubt)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

For me on this site, its the excitement/anticipation when we launch a new home shirt. I just don't get it! It's a shirt for crying out loud. I couldn't distinguish one home shirt from another over the last 10 years or so. 

Yet I could reel off all of the 90's shirts - generational thing?

Possibly, i'm the same. Anyway, this is the best Villa shirt ever (as it was my first one I had as a lad)

extra_football_shirt_5938_1.jpg

Edited by Xela

I don't want to bash anyone, but nobody's going to convince me that 'old school', reggae-loving skins were a fine, friendly bunch of decent lads before they got hijacked by the NF in later years. Birmingham in the late 60s/early 70s for me and my long-haired mates was not a good place for crossing paths with skinheads. Unprovoked assaults were not at all uncommon. The whole so-called 'culture' still gives me the horrors.

For me on this site, its the excitement/anticipation when we launch a new home shirt. I just don't get it! It's a shirt for crying out loud. I couldn't distinguish one home shirt from another over the last 10 years or so.

Yet I could reel off all of the 90's shirts - generational thing?

Possibly, i'm the same. Anyway, this is the best Villa shirt ever (as it was my first one I had as a lad)

extra_football_shirt_5938_1.jpg

That blasphemy is no Villa shirt at all.
  • Like 1

I don't want to bash anyone, but nobody's going to convince me that 'old school', reggae-loving skins were a fine, friendly bunch of decent lads before they got hijacked by the NF in later years. Birmingham in the late 60s/early 70s for me and my long-haired mates was not a good place for crossing paths with skinheads. Unprovoked assaults were not at all uncommon. The whole so-called 'culture' still gives me the horrors.

Absolutely, I wouldn't believe that for a moment. The way people dress, the music they listen to, the way they style their hair, has no bearing on the way they treat others or behave. The point I would have made (if Wainy hadn't already), would be not to judge the skinhead sub culture on Nazi skins. 

I had that shirt. It holds a place in my heart, as it represents the foundations of my love for all things B6. My first kit was the 1984 le coq one. Also not really that traditional, but I adore it. 

One thing about holocaust denial I've found bizarre is that it's always those who have Nazi leanings that promote it. Surely given their hatred of Jews they'd be proud of such atrocities?

I'd like to bash an America-hating Jane Fonda lovin' pinko.

(this is meant to be a kind of joke in case there's any doubt)

Why not both? ;)

Â