Paul Lambert

limpid

Mantis - for some reason YOU are the one that is trying to make this a personal bitch match. It's been explained the reasoning behind the post - and a valid one at that. Question for you and anyone is "do the panel think that the Lambert contract extension is still a good move and for those that did at the time have they changed their mind and why?"

It's a fair debate to be had given that by a few peoples opinions that is the only thing now that is stopping the club ridding them selves of the clown

• Like 2

At the time I thought we needed some stability while the owner was looking to sell. It was a necessity even if it was a very depressing one. Reality is I don't think there's any point keeping Lambert even while Lerner is looking to sell. I'm sure there must be someone who can keep us up without playing god awful football.

Not really fair to single people out when the circumstances were so different then.

They weren't really different though. We had a good run of four games on the back of two awful seasons. If some people were too short-sighted to believe the manager had earned a new contract due to that then that is their problem.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

I can't really articulate any solid reasons why I think he should stay but I'd give him through November at least. This season so far we've got 10 points from 9 games (which I'm aware isn't great) but it has to be viewed under the narrative that we don't have a pot to piss in. I know we had 10 points from 4 games and if we have 10 points from 13 games then I'll give up too.

Maybe I'm just so numb from the last 4 seasons that I can't even comprehend the level of shit management required to be sacked midseason.

Mantis - for some reason YOU are the one that is trying to make this a personal bitch match. It's been explained the reasoning behind the post - and a valid one at that. Question for you and anyone is "do the panel think that the Lambert contract extension is still a good move and for those that did at the time have they changed their mind and why?"

It's a fair debate to be had given that by a few peoples opinions that is the only thing now that is stopping the club ridding them selves of the clown

How am I?

So why not just simply ask people in general whether they think it was a good move rather than single people out? And I don't know why you keep asking me these questions. Read what's actually in my posts, not what you want them to say.

Actually no. Lerner controls what happens to Lambert - a few people on the internet aren't going to change that.

• Like 1

How's he going to rebuild his reputation working for an owner who will give him limited funds and wages?

Same way he built it I would imagine.
That's going from championship to that. Can't see him doing the same now. Better teams than us will give him the chance.
I'm confused. We are talking about Moyes.... who spent **** all at Everton over what? 10 years?

Villa would be ideal for him.

We're talking about Moyes, who had the biggest job in the world and failed. I don't think at this stage in his career he's going to take on another 10 yr challenge at a team with little ambition. I may be wrong though. I guess we'll see where Moyes ends up.
Can anyone name these clubs better than us who will give Moyes a job?

I have no idea about the current thinking of any of the owners in the premier league so not sure what you expect anyone to say. What I will say is that I think Moyes would rather wait than accept a job working under Lerner.

Watching Villa play is what i would expect to see from a conference team playing a Premier League team.... We are set up to stop the other team scoring & counter them though are not actually good enough to do either of those things. We hardly ever stop the other team scoring and our counter attacks are powder puff at best since teams have rumbled our only tactic. The only midfielder we had who had the purpose to make that happen to any kind of effect was Delph...And he's out till Jan  :huh: ......... Dear me it's poor

Hands up,  I'd still stick with him.

Can I ask why Richard ?

I recall many debates in years one and two and agreed with your views entirely, particularly as to the value of choosing a guy and giving him a real chance, and as regards what I - and yourself I recall - thinking he could be our best since Saunders.

I know why I felt all that, and why I no longer, finally, do, so I am intrigued.

Not really fair to single people out when the circumstances were so different then.

They weren't really different though. We had a good run of four games on the back of two awful seasons. If some people were too short-sighted to believe the manager had earned a new contract due to that then that is their problem.

I think a lot were so desperate to think he had cracked it, that fox was giving us forward direction etc we saw it as a progressive, committed thing. Maybe the same applied to randy ?

Anyway it was the wrong choice !

That 5 game run was really unfortunate, and ruined what was a promising start. I can't think of many clubs in recent history who have had to face the previous season's top 5 in a row. Not making any excuses before I get accused of that, but I don't think we would have been in such bad shape had our fixture list so far had been slightly less unforgiving. 

That 5 game run was really unfortunate, and ruined what was a promising start. I can't think of many clubs in recent history who have had to face the previous season's top 5 in a row. Not making any excuses before I get accused of that, but I don't think we would have been in such bad shape had our fixture list so far had been slightly less unforgiving. 

It might not have been as bad for these 10 games but overall I think it would end up similar.  We're just not good enough and we're just set up in the same ineffective way each time.

I started having doubts at the end of last season, but when bullygate kicked off I gave Lambert the benefit of the doubt.

I was pleased with how we started the season, and at the time wasn't too concerned about creativity. I felt this would come with more freedom - and we have excelled like this under Lambert, especially against the so-called bigger clubs who allow teams to have space.

What I have seen since, and something that cannot be put down to bullying, is players who have no ambition, no idea, no creativity, no urgency, no will to win, no game plan and no idea how to 'fotce' the game.

We have players good enough for 10th-12th, but under a manager who can motivate and get the team to gel, this could jump by a few places.

We have had two years and nothing has changed. I don't care about possession, I DO care about what we do with the ball for that 30-odd percent of the time.

I'm just getting off a ferry so can't continue, but this is part of my reasoning for Lambert to go.

You're never actually going to say anything else after investing all of your credibility in claiming that he is our best manager in the last 30 years to be fair.

I think a lot were so desperate to think he had cracked it, that fox was giving us forward direction etc we saw it as a progressive, committed thing. Maybe the same applied to randy ?

Anyway it was the wrong choice !

I kind of hope that it more down to Lerner than Fox. Because if it was on the initiative of the latter then we really do have yet another moron involved in the decision making at this club. What sort of CEO would make that kind of decision after only becoming professionally acquainted with the manager two weeks prior and four games into the season?

Yes it was.....incredible that Moyes made such a publicised fuss of a much less demanding start last year.

However it won't matter which block of say nine games - about a quarter of a seasons worth - over lambos reign, you will get very similar returns.

• Like 1

You're never actually going to say anything else after investing all of your credibility in claiming that he is our best manager in the last 30 years to be fair.

By that same token though he'd be slated if he did change his mind.

How am I?

So why not just simply ask people in general whether they think it was a good move rather than single people out? And I don't know why you keep asking me these questions. Read what's actually in my posts, not what you want them to say.

Actually no. Lerner controls what happens to Lambert - a few people on the internet aren't going to change that.

I may be wrong but I suspect the anti Lambert's are now much more than a few people on the internet.

For example it will be interesting to see how the half season ticket sales are going, and what the walk up attendance is at the weekend.

It is already clear to anyone looking around the ground after 80 minutes of any game that there is a decision facing randy.

By that same token though he'd be slated if he did change his mind.

I had similar, often stated views, and have changed my mind.

No-one has criticised me.

And why should they ? We are around 100 games in !!!

Â