Paul Lambert

limpid

I think the reason Lambert got his contract in the first place was so that Lerner didn't have to have the hassle of going on a new manager hunt, whilst trying to sell the club and I don't think we've got rid of a manager in season during his reign. I'd say our only hope is Fox's influence. I doubt we'd attract Moyes who I perhaps will want a more stable club after United

Just looking back a month ago, you lot still happy with his new contract? It didn't seem many people were against him and most were happy he got a new deal yet the new polls today show a huge % want him out.

Wait...wait....so what you're saying is that Villa fans are fickle? 

I see myself included in that post.

I'm certainly not happy now no, does that make me fickle? I don't really care either way.

I want to see results, I don't want a relegation fight for yet another season. I want to see progress in the football played on the pitch.

As I said at the time we actually had made good progress at the start of the season but now? I see no hope going forward. No shining light.

As I said couldn't care less if it makes me fickle, for me the club comes first over any individual and if that means the club can succeed going forward without him so be it.

For those that say Moyes wouldn't come to Villa and that he would go to a better side, the better sides aren't looking for a manager that is why they are a better side.

As for him going abroad, I am struggling to think of any British manager working abroad let alone a decent one. Foreign clubs don't want the sterile British game foisted upon them.

Is Moyes still on the Man U payroll earning silly money or did he get a fixed sum when he was fired?

(As always I rather we looked outside the UK if we're hiring a new manager)

might be wrong but I dont think any foreign manager with no UK mnagerial experience has ever saved a team in a relegation battle on a mid season appointment. look at Solskjaer and Magath last season

Pocahontas at Southampton did.

Pepe Mel at the Stripey Filth last season.  Antonio van Pulissimo at Palace.....

Dead man walking as far as I am concerned. We are going backwards at an alarming pace. There is no sign of improvement, we may have 'dominated' possession last night but for what. Lambert seems utterly incapable of delivering any sort of overall improvement and he never will. Over the entire time he has been our manager he has basically been out of his depth. I strongly believe we have a squad of players capable of being mid table but when you see them playing you would never believe that and responsibility sits with the manager.

As I said on the match thread last night Lambert is like the Robert Maxwell puppet in the old Spitting Image sketch, everything he touches turns to shit.

Edited by Harry

I don't think it makes you fickle at all, for some reason though basing your opinion on the present and modifying it appropriately is looked down upon by some. The silly thing is that if anybody were to come in here and stubbornly defend Lambert in spite of what's gone on they'd be slated for it. So basically, no matter what you do if you've ever supported Lambert in the past or just not been against him then you're automatically in the wrong.

• Like 2

villa unfortunatly are one of the clubs that can't cope with the modern day league.

One of the most depressing things for me is whenever i watch us, the second we conceed and go behind i just know that there is no way on gods green earth that we have capability to score two goals in one game under that situation. And the other problem is even when we do win for example the liverpool game we go in front and then defend for our lives and grind the result out i mean yeah it worked in that game but it is so risky. We are desperatly lacking that killer instinct to kill off games its always a struggle and that unfortunatly is clearly something lambert doesnt know how to fix. At this point i couldn't care less the style we play as we couldn't get any more dull but we need a system where we score more goals.

• Like 1

I see myself included in that post.

I'm certainly not happy now no, does that make me fickle? I don't really care either way.

I want to see results, I don't want a relegation fight for yet another season. I want to see progress in the football played on the pitch.

As I said at the time we actually had made good progress at the start of the season but now? I see no hope going forward. No shining light.

As I said couldn't care less if it makes me fickle, for me the club comes first over any individual and if that means the club can succeed going forward without him so be it.

I don't think anyone is accusing anyone of being fickle or whatever. For me the relevance of the post is that there was on here a group of people who a few weeks ago seemingly happy with Lambert getting the (frankly ridiculous) contract extension and the question is, are those that supported the move at the time - and not just those mentioned in the post - still of the same opinion that it was a good move. Maybe it could have been worded slightly different but the issue is still a good one for civil discussion.

There is still seemingly an element on VT for example who will not admit they backed the wrong horse re Lambert and he is not this great manager, one of a kind, best since sliced bread etc, which is fine if you can back up views based on facts and reasons as to why you maintain the view. It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to be proven right on the Lambert issue because it shows that Villa - which is far more important than some mumbling Scots fool - are struggling and that is a real painful one.

He has to go now, he has lost the fan base both those who regularly attend and those in the wider internet world etc. The players look completely and utterly bewildered by him and his tactics and you can imagine that like many are wondering how he got that contract extension when his performances have been woeful at best.

Get rid of the bumbling clown now and lets move on as a club

• Like 2

How's he going to rebuild his reputation working for an owner who will give him limited funds and wages?

Same way he built it I would imagine.
That's going from championship to that. Can't see him doing the same now. Better teams than us will give him the chance.
I'm confused. We are talking about Moyes.... who spent **** all at Everton over what? 10 years?

Villa would be ideal for him.

We're talking about Moyes, who had the biggest job in the world and failed. I don't think at this stage in his career he's going to take on another 10 yr challenge at a team with little ambition. I may be wrong though. I guess we'll see where Moyes ends up.

Can anyone name these clubs better than us who will give Moyes a job?

• Like 1

The squad we have is much better than 15th. Its not great and I don't think anybody is expecting us to be pulling up trees, but we could at least be having a go. We look devoid of a plan and have no way of breaking other sides down and that doesn't look like it is going to change under Lambert.

The good that we saw in him when he was in charge at Norwich is gone and we're left with somebody playing football in the McLiesh way.

• Like 1

Club are looking long term, he is looking long term.

I see no problem with this and frankly he deserves it for the start we have had.

Not his biggest fan but this is good progress.

I think I like it. I hope the progress continues and if so I like it if we're looking for the long term.

On balance, I think he deserves it.

not his greatest fan but he has turned the club around and deserves his extension.we are a hell of a lot better than when he took over.in a better state on and off the pitch,just wish he hadn't bought karsa/culverhouse with him.

Excellent news. Keep the contracts coming Mr.Fox.

No brainer for me. Might as well get it sorted out and remove the uncertainty.

Good news.

Great news, really pleased he can continue rebuilding us.

Hopefully Delph, Vlaar and Grealish will folow suit.

Happy with this and he deserves it. Ironically, it looks like Solksjaer looks like he's getting the boot today as well. Funny how things pan out isn't it ?

Chuffed.

Excellent news!

Well deserved Lambo. 

Just looking back a month ago, you lot still happy with his new contract? It didn't seem many people were against him and most were happy he got a new deal yet the new polls today show a huge % want him out.

I think that is what you might call shortsightedness and selective memory issues (not being able to see the wood for the trees and being impressed by a few unimpressive games and completely forgetting the 2 seasons of dross that have gone before). Probably what Lerner has too.

• Like 1

What issue? When he got his contract extension we were genuinely on a very good run of form and looked to be improving. Just because it's turned to shit since then doesn't mean that anybody who supported it AT THE TIME should be singled out and mocked. If those same people were coming in here and staunchly defending Lambert and trying to absolve him of all blame then you'd have a point but I haven't seen any of that.

It's just petty point scoring. It's pretty sad that some people seem to be jumping on our poor form and Lambert's failures as an excuse to attack other fans.

Edited by Mantis

What issue? When he got his contract extension we were genuinely on a very good run of form and looked to be improving. Just because it's turned to shit since then doesn't mean that anybody who supported it AT THE TIME should be singled out and mocked. If those same people were coming in here and staunchly defending Lambert and trying to absolve him of all blame then you'd have a point but I haven't seen any of that.

It's just petty point scoring. It's pretty sad that some people seem to be jumping on our poor form and Lambert's failures as an excuse to attack other fans.

I am assuming you fail to see the irony of your last bit there?

So without any "picking on people" - which is not happening if you read the posts - as someone who has been very vocal in his support of Lambert and often been very quick to put out your views when people have been against him, can you explain why you think Lambert is still the right man for the job - if he is, and what you think should happen in the next few weeks re the manager role at VP. That way civilised debate can ensue

• Like 1

I am assuming you fail to see the irony of your last bit there?

So without any "picking on people" - which is not happening if you read the posts - as someone who has been very vocal in his support of Lambert and often been very quick to put out your views when people have been against him, can you explain why you think Lambert is still the right man for the job - if he is, and what you think should happen in the next few weeks re the manager role at VP. That way civilised debate can ensue

There is no irony there.

How can you deny that picking on people isn't happening when just a few posts ago somebody went back and collected quotes from individual users who were supportive of the contract extension last month? It's completely unnecessary.

I'm not sure that Lambert is right for the job so I don't even know why you're asking me this. I've been pretty critical of him since last night. As I said, it seems like people are just reading what they want to read from my posts rather than what is actually there.

It's almost as if some people are desperate to put down other users but because nobody is actually defending Lambert after last night they're having to go back and find stuff from months ago as a stick to beat others with. Absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Mantis

Like I said I am not attacking anyone or mocking them I just want to know if the people who were happy he got a new contract are still behind him or if they have changed their minds already because a lot of people were happy with it.

At what point did I attack the people I quoted? I didn't even look at who they were, they are just usernames on an internet forum to me. I have no idea who they are and if they feel attacked I will apologise.

• Like 2

Like I said I am not attacking anyone or mocking them I just want to know if the people who were happy he got a new contract are still behind him or if they have changed their minds already because a lot of people were happy with it.

At what point did I attack the people I quoted? I didn't even look at who they were, they are just usernames on an internet forum to me. I have no idea who they are and if they feel attacked I will apologise.

Is there really any need for it? It's needless point scoring. I haven't seen any of the users you quoted come in here and defend Lambert since the game.

What you seem to be missing is that those opinions were expressed before perhaps our worst run of form ever under Lambert - it's kind of a given that a run like that will change opinions.

Â