Paul Lambert

limpid

Collymore and Withe offering their help for nothing. Not sure what either would offer but it's better than nothing, Lambert is clearly out of his depth.

I actually don't mind Stan but him offering help goes down as about as much use as when Gazza turned up with a fishing rod and a bag of chicken asking if he could help out and have a chat with a crazed gunman.

Stoke will be the decider, if we lose there is no coming back he just has to go, I think he will call it himself, it really is a massive game.

The pressure must be immense and I can see it taking a toll on his face and his attitude, its sad to watch on a personnel level, I don't think he's a horrible person.

His bad luck is however generated from poor decisions, assistant managers is a major one.

Hull was the no turning back he has to go now at all costs. someone on TS said that lambert did not get on coach with villa players after  yesterday hopefully it means he will be fired tonight

Probably means the players told him to **** off and hitch hike back.

• Like 1

He'd have gone today if he was getting fired, he's staying trust me

That's not true, I don't think Villa will want to sack him, as Richard said it will most like be mutual which means a settlement figure will have to be reached which isn't as simple as just sacking him. If he had a year on his deal left, then possibly it would be done like that but the guy has 4 years left.

• Like 3

Hull was the no turning back he has to go now at all costs. someone on TS said that lambert did not get on coach with villa players after  yesterday hopefully it means he will be fired tonight

If he took a lift off a Villa fan he'd better hope it was Richard as otherwise we may never see him again.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I quite like Paul Lambert in all honesty - I think he's genuinely honoured to be at the helm of our club, has handled all the uncertainy over the club's future with integrity and finally assembled a decent squad.

However, no matter how much I would like him to succeed here, I just can no longer see it happening.

Something is 'wrong' at the club, be it from the top down and the apathy has leeched it's way on to the pitch, where no one really seems to care (barring the fans)

I feel we can no longer just bimble along 'hoping and reassuring ourselves' that all will be ok.

A change is needed and the only change that is viable and can be immediately effected is replacing the manager.

I have no idea who would want to step into his shoes considering the current predicament the club find themselves in though...

Exactly where I am. Think all of the personal abuse is unneccessary.

• Like 4

Probably nothing, i know William Hill and Skybet were 1/3 and 2/7 in the betting.

Pappy Power were evens, but within an hour they have cut the odds to 4/11

Now thats interesting.

Interesting in what way? Really wouldn't read much into betting. Remember Bob Bradley being favourite for the job.

no ITK info from anyone?

Not only that but,  as I have said previously,  they will need to get a replacement in pronto they do not have the luxury of an assistant to step in for a while

Absolutely, which in some ways is handy in that I think we need a whole new coaching team to turn this around. So effectively that means we don't just need to find a good manager, we need to find a good manager who will bring a good assistant and a good team with him.

Not an easy thing to do in Feb.

• Like 1

If he took a lift off a Villa fan he'd better hope it was Richard as otherwise we may never see him again.

ha bloody ha

• Like 1

I quite like Paul Lambert in all honesty - I think he's genuinely honoured to be at the helm of our club, has handled all the uncertainy over the club's future with integrity and finally assembled a decent squad.

However, no matter how much I would like him to succeed here, I just can no longer see it happening.

Something is 'wrong' at the club, be it from the top down and the apathy has leeched it's way on to the pitch, where no one really seems to care (barring the fans)

I feel we can no longer just bimble along 'hoping and reassuring ourselves' that all will be ok.

A change is needed and the only change that is viable and can be immediately effected is replacing the manager.

I have no idea who would want to step into his shoes considering the current predicament the club find themselves in though...

Agree with this.I think he is a genuine, hard working guy, but enough is enough. I really wanted him to turn it around and prove us all wrong, but he doesnt help himself sometimes in the interviews. He said last night that Benteke and Gabby were unlucky with chances. Paul, it was the 92nd minute.

• Like 4

Â