Paul Lambert

limpid

We're 12th with a better defence than every team outside the top 4.

In the eyes of an owner, sackable offence?

We're 12th in the worst PL in recent memory with the second lowest goals for record in the whole of EUROPE's top leagues

Lol. Progress

Didn't say progress anywhere in my post.

In the eyes of an owner, is being 12th in the league with the 5th best defence a sackable offence?

(Also, who has scored LESS than us in Europe?!?!)

I'm unhappy with our performances under Lambert but I don't think he's going anywhere. I think the best we can hope for is that he hires a good assistant manager who has some attacking and tactical nous. We also need to abandon the 4-3-3, it doesn't work and it hasn't worked since the end of Lambert's first season here. Our three strikers just stand there waiting for the ball to land at their feet, and continually stand about two feet from one another. There's precious little forward passing from our midfield and there is zero movement up front from any of the three forwards. The exact same problems we have suffered for the last year and a half.

• Like 3

We're 12th in the worst PL in recent memory with the second lowest goals for record in the whole of EUROPE's top leagues

Lol. Progress

In the eyes of an owner, is being 12th in the league with the 5th best defence a sackable offence?

If your manager of a club like Burnley then no but we are a established premiership team. How is this acceptable to people?

Lol. Progress

If your manager of a club like Burnley then no but we are a established premiership team. How is this acceptable to people?

Established Premier League team has **** all to do with it.  We've been down in the bottom third of the league for 4 seasons or so now.  It's clear that the owner isn't willing to invest much more in to the team and that survival is "fine".

What amazes me is that if a lack of funds for the right players to solve our problems is the central issue.....why hasn't Lambert defended himself accordingly.

Surely any self respecting manager is not going to sit by and have his reputation shredded through what he sees as a situation that is no fault of his own

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

What amazes me is that if a lack of funds for the right players to solve our problems is the central issue.....why hasn't Lambert defended himself accordingly.

Surely no self respecting manager is not going to sit by and have his reputation shredded through what he sees as a situation that is no fault of his own

He actually praises the owner and jumped at the chance to sign a new deal. So although others will he can't really use it as an excuse.

Lol. Progress

Established Premier League team has **** all to do with it.  We've been down in the bottom third of the league for 4 seasons or so now.  It's clear that the owner isn't willing to invest much more in to the team and that survival is "fine".

Err except we won't survive if WE DON'T SCORE GOALS.

Edited by jasoncb

Surely no self respecting manager is not going to sit by and have his reputation shredded through what he sees as a situation that is no fault of his own

How is his reputation being shredded?  He's keeping a struggling team up.

Outside of us Villa fans who watch the games/go through the hardship of our attacking garbage, Lambert isn't seen as a bad manager.  He's often seen as doing well with what he has. 

It's almost, ALMOST a win/win situation for him.  There's a theoretical basis that the club is good enough to push on up the league (fan base etc.) but, if not, he hasn't been backed by the owner.  At the same time, it's a good challenge for him and the pressure will be relatively low from upstairs.  Paul Lambert fails if he gets us relegated.  I think it's that simple.

• Like 1

Just to make it clear, I'm perfectly aware that Lambert isn't going anywhere because Lerner is satisfied, and I'm perfectly aware that complaining on an internet discussion forum isn't going to change Lerner's mind or cause Lambert to fall on his sword. But saying "I just don't see the point of complaining on a forum because it isn't going to change anything" seems to me to be completely missing the point of what internet discussion forums are for.

Put simply, just because the owner has such dramatically low expectations doesn't mean I have to.

• Like 4

We haven't SCORED GOALS for over half of the season now and we're in 12th place.  You're sure we're going down?

To think Lambert has had a net spend of more than 11 of the current teams in the premier league since he arrived.

It's already been shown that this stat means nothing at all.  Don't drag it up to be proven wrong again :(

We haven't SCORED GOALS for over half of the season now and we're in 12th place. You're sure we're going down?

If we score the same amount for the second half I think we will be relegated.

Lol. Progress

Hamburg

Hamburg

Fair play, that's some effort :D

We haven't SCORED GOALS for over half of the season now and we're in 12th place.  You're sure we're going down?

To think Lambert has had a net spend of more than 11 of the current teams in the premier league since he arrived.

It's already been shown that this stat means nothing at all.  Don't drag it up to be proven wrong again :(

DO you k

We are extremely lucky to be in 12th place with 11 goals. Yes if it carries on like this there is a good chance of relegation.

Â