Paul Lambert

limpid

What's your point exactly ?

What is your point? I say Villa bought League 1 players last season, you say Hull went up to the premier league with league one players. I say Hull spent close to £30M this season, you say Lambert spent £40M over two seasons, but fail to mention that Hull spent more THIS season than Villa. And still Hull are placed behind Villa in the league. Whoever the manager is, Villa can't afford proven Premier League quality players. Hull can, but still they are behind Villa on the table.

Stoke HAVE a premier league team that need no rebuilding, just tweaking.

Have you seen the Stoke City Team sheet ?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/kader/verein_512.html

I don't look at that team and think they are class.

Hughes signed 7 players (including Stephen Ireland), plus 2 loans for a total of £6.2M

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/transfers/verein_512_2013_default_default_alle_a_default.html

He's overhauled that team, and changed their style of play on peanuts

Lambert didn't have to clear out a whole squad either.

He had to clear out the wage bill of high earner, and let's not even pretend Ireland, Hutton, Collins, Heskey and Dunne were fantastic in the seasons before. They were equally as bad as players this season but on 5x as much!

What is your point? I say Villa bought League 1 players last season, you say Hull went up to the premier league with league one players. I say Hull spent close to £30M this season, you say Lambert spent £40M over two seasons, but fail to mention that Hull spent more THIS season than Villa. And still Hull are placed behind Villa in the league. Whoever the manager is, Villa can't afford proven Premier League quality players. Hull can, but still they are behind Villa on the table.

Have you seen the Stoke City Team sheet ?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/kader/verein_512.html

Hughes signed 7 players (including Stephen Ireland), plus 2 loans for a total of £6.2M

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/transfers/verein_512_2013_default_default_alle_a_default.html

But look what he did before with QPR. Nobody knows would could happened with a different manager. The fact is we stayed up and is all we could ask for.

Those managers didn't have to clear out a whole squad.

Also he didn't turn us into a struggling prem team, we were that anyway.

Well nobody said that Lambert had to clear out a whole squad, he chose to do that, or he agreed with the chairman that he would do that before he took the job, but i think it's the former as until something went very wrong with Bent (I don't know what that was) he'd made him his captain so was including him in his plans.

My point was that he took on a struggling team low on confidence and now we have a different struggling team low on confidence. So bravo, didn't he do well !

• Like 2

MON out.

He'll be sniffing around again if we get new owners. Bet his first signing would be Tom Cleverley for 40 million?????????

Sounds a bargain. Then we can go for Lee Cattermole for £25m.

Graham Stuart and Fletcher for 20M. At least it wasn't just us!

• Like 2

He had to clear out the wage bill of high earner, and let's not even pretend Ireland, Hutton, Collins, Heskey and Dunne were fantastic in the seasons before. They were equally as bad as players this season but on 5x as much!

I agree he had to change certain members of the squad but not the whole squad.

The speed at which he made the changes wasn't necessary the smartest thing to do as a lot of our players lost value.

• Like 2

Have you seen the Stoke City Team sheet ?http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/kader/verein_512.html

Hughes signed 7 players (including Stephen Ireland), plus 2 loans for a total of £6.2Mhttp://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/transfers/verein_512_2013_default_default_alle_a_default.html

But look what he did before with QPR. Nobody knows would could happened with a different manager. The fact is we stayed up and is all we could ask for.

Lose tomorrow and it's our worst ever premiership season. Surely we can ask for more than that?

I agree he had to change certain members of the squad but not the whole squad.

The speed at which he made the changes wasn't necessary the smartest thing to do as a lot of our players lost value.

For all we know, he might have been promised more money based on high earners leaving. But yes, the speed was a little naive. I'd think it was a decision to get the wages down quicker, so we can reinvest quicker, which of course, didn't happen.

Have you seen the Stoke City Team sheet ?http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/kader/verein_512.html

Hughes signed 7 players (including Stephen Ireland), plus 2 loans for a total of £6.2Mhttp://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stoke-city/transfers/verein_512_2013_default_default_alle_a_default.html

Lose tomorrow and it's our worst ever premiership season. Surely we can ask for more than that?

We can but I'm not sure many managers could provide it. It's so hit and miss in this league a few injuries and you can go from being a mid table team to being relegated.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of Lambert but at least he kept us up. I do want him gone now though.

If you genuinely think you can compare Hughes and Bruce's situation to Lambert's then you're not grasping the situation at villa at all.Bruce also said he wished his sagbo signing turned out as good as benteke. It didn't. Then the chairman gave him money to buy two premier league strikers and pay premiere league wages. We aren't in that bracket anymore. We pay peanuts, and get players who may or may not work out. Fact. Wake up.

What I think is that these are two managers at a level where they probably would have come to Villa who have proven they can work within tighter financial constraints than Paul Lambert has here, and they have instilled their tactics and footballing philosophy into their teams.
Yet neither have managed to beat us this season.

Sorry ? I was certain Stoke recently best us 4-1 at Villa Park

Ah crap, for some reason I thought you were on about poyet not Hughes, getting mixed up.

If you genuinely think you can compare Hughes and Bruce's situation to Lambert's then you're not grasping the situation at villa at all.Bruce also said he wished his sagbo signing turned out as good as benteke. It didn't. Then the chairman gave him money to buy two premier league strikers and pay premiere league wages. We aren't in that bracket anymore. We pay peanuts, and get players who may or may not work out. Fact. Wake up.

What I think is that these are two managers at a level where they probably would have come to Villa who have proven they can work within tighter financial constraints than Paul Lambert has here, and they have instilled their tactics and footballing philosophy into their teams.

Ah crap, for some reason I thought you were on about poyet not Hughes, getting mixed up.

I really don't understand why people are claiming Hughes has done has a great job with Stoke. They have a very established mid table team that has an average finish of 11th over the last 5 years. All Hughes has done is keep them where they were.

The biggest problem for Paul Lambert is that the fans expectations of where our club should be has not matched what Lerner was willing to finance. 

• Like 4

I really don't understand why people are claiming Hughes has done has a great job with Stoke. They have a very established mid table team that has an average finish of 11th over the last 5 years. All Hughes has done is keep them where they were.

The biggest problem for Paul Lambert is that the fans expectations of where our club should be has not matched what Lerner was willing to finance.

Who's said he's done a great job? Just being used to show how another manager has done with an arguably comparable team.

And unless my maths is wrong Stokes average league position is more like 13th (12th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 13th) so Hughes is well on course to take them to their highest ever Premier League finish, bit harsh to say all he's done is tread water tbh.

• Like 2

One thing I've noticed that's always been strange is how Lambert's Villa deal with opposition wingers. Since his first home game v Everton he's been happy for the cross to come In and deal with it, rather than bust a gut to stop the cross.

He did make a lot of fuss about 'playing the right way' when he took over but it hasn't happened.

Even if he stays on he's lost the patience of the fans. The place would be toxic after a few bad results.

I'd like to thank him because he did bring the whole place together again last season when it looked ominous after Wigan. Keeping us up has been a harder job than he'll get credit for. Ultimately it's the dreadful football that will cost him.

I can't knock Lambert for giving it a go but Villa on a shoestring just isn't going to work out well for anyone.

He is tactically naive as con-seeding 4 goals on 5 occasions this season shows, we may have had worse seasons but this season has been a disaster so bad that I can't think of one positive from it.  

Thanks for trying Paul but please resign as soon as the final whistle blows today as no matter what happens now we have had more than enough of you. I really can't stand the thought of listening to another Lambert pre match talk or seeing that clueless blank expression when he's on the touchline, his terrible substitutions, his post waffle usually ending with "we go again".

Sometimes it's better the devil you know but honestly bar having the TSM back I would take anyone over Lambert.

• Like 1

I really like Paul Lambert. My head thinks he should go, my heart thinks he should stay. The results at the end of the season were nothing short of awful, but I just really really like the man. Such a shame things are ending this way.

I think he will go on to be a success at another club.

• Like 4

Â