Paul Lambert

limpid

You could even say of our four most expensive signings over the last 3 years and the only ones we have spent significant money on 2 were out all season and 2 were out for half a season

Personally, I would like to see him given until Xmas assuming there is a larger budget for him to spend.

I just feel that he has had some bad luck, and just to give him a final chance to succeed here rather than go through another 12-18 months of transition. He's made a lot of mistakes, sure, but I'm not 100% convinced yet that he cannot do the job.

That said, I can't help feeling that he has "lost the fans" somewhat, and that is near enough impossible to turn around.

• Like 1

Those people who are desperate to get rid of Lambert; who do you think will come in (that would want to come) and do a better job under the same conditions??

Edited by ben1505
  • Like 1

A poster on another site has emphaised just how bad our home form has been.

It is the worst in 140 years.

140 friggin years !!!

Now, in all that time I am sure we have had worse squads and teams,

Going back to our demise through the leagues the Div 3, it must have been bad.

BUT, it was never as bad as this.

To those who say he 'deserves' more time, with a decent transfer budget, I would ask why this should be the case?

Yes, money plays a big part of the modern game, but, there are managers out there who manage in their respective leagues. at all levels, and get their teams to perform better than us.

Money is not everything.

There are other elements like training, tactics, motivation, nous.The ability to see that other teams are doing and counteract that.

These are where Lambert is coming up short, and far too bloody short for Aston Villa.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for the tumble dryer to finish, I've got time! :)

I'll get Paul Lambert to show you how to operate it. It might take you two years to understand the operating project as he explains it to you but that's fine because as you say, you've got the time.

If it packs in due to some unforeseen circumstance whilst washing Benteke, Kozak & Okore's kit don't blame Lambert blame your self. ;)

I wouldn't get PL to teach us, we want clean sheets.

• Like 3

If Paul is given until Christmas as some suggest, who will be available to replace him if it is still going tits up?

Fulham... Norwich... Cardiff anyone?

We shouldn't shy away from change because the fans are shit scared of who might be available or not to come in and do something positive this summer. A whole summer.

Next month, when the fixtures come out, I will straight away be checking April and May's proposed opposition to work out what we are likely to need and the feasibility of getting it. I know that over the course of a season you have to play each team once at home and once away in the league... but the way things have been, if we have a run of fixtures like Norwich's final 6 this term, I'd really fear for us. Tempered only by the fist that Sunderland have made of things.

If it's going tits up by Christmas, it might be too late. Fulham, Norwich and Cardiff.

• Like 1

140 friggin years !!!

To those who say he 'deserves' more time, with a decent transfer budget, I would ask why this should be the case?

Yes, money plays a big part of the modern game, but, there are managers out there who manage in their respective leagues. at all levels, and get their teams to perform better than us.

Money is not everything.

There are other elements like training, tactics, motivation, nous.The ability to see that other teams are doing and counteract that.

These are where Lambert is coming up short, and far too bloody short for Aston Villa.

We may well have had better teams, but what people seem to forget is that with the new Tv money, the smaller clubs have been able to buy and strengthen however we have still be crippled by our wage budget which means we couldn't justify going out and signing players when our biggest earners (Bent, Ireland, Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia) all had no intention of kicking a ball for us this year. It's enabled Swansea, Hull, Southampton, Crystal Palace, to buy players that we sadly are not in that market for. I think I said somewhere last week (can't remember exact figure) but Lambert has on average picked 3.5 academy graduates to start every game. 

• Like 3

If Paul is given until Christmas as some suggest, who will be available to replace him if it is still going tits up?

Fulham... Norwich... Cardiff anyone?

We shouldn't shy away from change because the fans are shit scared of who might be available or not to come in and do something positive this summer. A whole summer.

Next month, when the fixtures come out, I will straight away be checking April and May's proposed opposition to work out what we are likely to need and the feasibility of getting it. I know that over the course of a season you have to play each team once at home and once away in the league... but the way things have been, if we have a run of fixtures like Norwich's final 6 this term, I'd really fear for us. Tempered only by the fist that Sunderland have made of things.

If it's going tits up by Christmas, it might be too late. Fulham, Norwich and Cardiff.

Sunderland, Palace?

Changing managers is a tricky business. No guarantees either way.

Those people who are desperate to get rid of Lambert; who do you think will come in (that would want to come) and do a better job under the same conditions??

There are so many variables in any answer to that so there never could be a definitive accepted answer for those who want Lambert to stay.

• Like 2

There are so many variables in any answer to that so there never could be a definitive accepted answer for those who want Lambert to stay.

Exactly there are probably thousands of people out there that could do a better job than Lambert far to many to list anyway.

140 friggin years !!!

Money is not everything.

We may well have had better teams, but what people seem to forget is that with the new Tv money, the smaller clubs have been able to buy and strengthen however we have still be crippled by our wage budget which means we couldn't justify going out and signing players when our biggest earners (Bent, Ireland, Given, Hutton, N'Zogbia) all had no intention of kicking a ball for us this year. It's enabled Swansea, Hull, Southampton, Crystal Palace, to buy players that we sadly are not in that market for. I think I said somewhere last week (can't remember exact figure) but Lambert has on average picked 3.5 academy graduates to start every game. 

Apart from the Zog who is injured where is the evidence that the other 3 were refusing to play as you have suggested?

IMO it is the other way round and Lambert isolated these players and treated them with disrespect and made them train with the development squad! That was Lambert's choice unless people are suggesting that Lerner is picking the team now?

• Like 2

Â