Paul Lambert

limpid

Lets not forget Bradford and Sheffield united, can the Lambert lovers explain those results away?

Cup shocks. Never heard of them before as they are only exclusive to Aston Villa aren't they?

Colchester 3 Leeds Utd 0

Bournemouth 2 Man Utd 0

Wigan 1 Man City 0     etc etec etc

I noticed you have named a total of 6 clubs there.

We are talking about 1 club that has lost to 3 lower league clubs.

At this rate ( with Lambert in charge ) there could easily be another 10 cup shocks ( if he stays another 5 seasons )

The fans are not to blame for the shite we are currently in

The blame lies with the piss-poor manager, piss-poor players and piss-poor owner at the club. If we go down, these three elements of the club will be to blame, NOT the fans

The clubs is a mess and hopefully there are wholesale changes in the summer in all 3 areas if we are to avoid yet another relegation fight next year (assuming we stay up this year of course)

I agree totally with you. The fans are not responsible for the clubs demise. They are however responsible for the current negative attitude towards Paul Lambert out of their sheer frustration & that is my point.

This negative attitude does not help the club one bit. Surely fans can see this?

Why even deny it?

• Like 2

Lets not forget Bradford and Sheffield united, can the Lambert lovers explain those results away?

Cup shocks. Never heard of them before as they are only exclusive to Aston Villa aren't they?

Colchester 3 Leeds Utd 0

Bournemouth 2 Man Utd 0

I think you may struggle to find another premier league manager that has gone out of cups in successive seasons to a team not one league below them but two

Oh wait another record Lambert may have broken

Colchester 3 Leeds Utd 0

Bournemouth 2 Man Utd 0

At this rate ( with Lambert in charge ) there could easily be another 10 cup shocks ( if he stays another 5 seasons )

etc etc etc - How many cup shocks do you want me to list?

There is absolutely nothing shocking about cup shocks & that is my point.

Lambert lovers? That's a new one.

It is not worth worrying about chap. Simply ignore those individuals, you cannot reason with them at all. Do not be dragged down to their disgusting level, it is what they ultimately want.  

Colchester 3 Leeds Utd 0

Bournemouth 2 Man Utd 0

etc etc etc - How many cup shocks do you want me to list?

There is absolutely nothing shocking about cup shocks & that is my point.

There is when you have gone out to a lower league club in 3 out of 4 competitions.  Especially when one of those was over two legs, when we were utterly  inept.

Cup shocks are fine, Bradford was not a cup shock though was it? Cup shocks tend to be the lesser team snatching a goal to go through against a weakened top team. Millwall, Sheff and Bradford were not cup shocks they were just games like most others Lambert has managed at AVFC....Defeats.

Lambert lovers? That's a new one.

It is not worth worrying about chap. Simply ignore those individuals, you cannot reason with them at all. Do not be dragged down to their disgusting level, it is what they ultimately want.  

Thought you had gone.  :P

Colchester 3 Leeds Utd 0

Bournemouth 2 Man Utd 0

I appreciate your desire to defend a certain manager at all cost, while provoking reactions from VT posters, but can you explain how your logic exactly works with the games you have quoted? Seeing as the three you have mentioned were from totally different era's with totally different clubs, with totally different managers and totally different circumstances.

I have heard of comparing apples with oranges but never apples with aircraft carriers painted a bright shade of pink and a tendency to turn right each time it sees a whale

• Like 1

Cup shocks are fine, Bradford was not a cup shock though was it? Cup shocks tend to be the lesser team snatching a goal to go through against a weakened top team. Millwall, Sheff and Bradford were not cup shocks they were just games like most others Lambert has managed at AVFC....Defeats.

Bradford had one corner kick at Villa Park & scored from it. Get over it & move on.

Colchester 3 Leeds Utd 0

Bournemouth 2 Man Utd 0

I appreciate your desire to defend a certain manager at all cost, while provoking reactions from VT posters, but can you explain how your logic exactly works with the games you have quoted? Seeing as the three you have mentioned were from totally different era's with totally different clubs, with totally different managers and totally different circumstances.

I have heard of comparing apples with oranges but never apples with aircraft carriers painted a bright shade of pink and a tendency to turn right each time it sees a whale

I think you'll find they turn left actually. ;)

Bradford had one corner kick at Villa Park & scored from it. Get over it & move on.

Do you actually think before you argue, you seem to bring up the most hilarious points and rebuttals. What has them scoring "once at villa park" got to do with anything? Is that all that happened in the two ties or did you bring that specific moment up for a particular reason?

Do you actually think before you argue, you seem to bring up the most hilarious points and rebuttals. What has them scoring "once at villa park" got to do with anything? Is that all that happened in the two ties or did you bring that specific moment up for a particular reason?

We had ample chances to see Bradford off in the 1st Leg at Valley Parade. Darren Bent missed a sitter & things could easily have turned out differently. So. Back to my main point. Cup shocks are not shocking & happen all the time.

They actually had 5 corners and scored 1.

We had ample chances to see Bradford off in the 1st Leg at Valley Parade. Darren Bent missed a sitter & things could easily have turned out differently. So. Back to my main point. Cup shocks are not shocking & happen all the time.

Oh ok we missed a few chances like every team does in basically every game ever, thats ok then. Cup shocks happen, teams going out in the semi finals to teams 4 divisions lower doesn't happen ever. I get the feeling you'll defend Lambert no matter what the result, we could lose 4-1 again tomorrow and you'd still be trying (and failing) to convince everyone the sun shines out of his arse.

Yes correct. They scored off the one Paul Lambert took didn't they? ;)

Edited by villa-revolution

Now don't be silly. If he had took it then he would have f*cked it up!  :D

The fans are not to blame for the shite we are currently in

The blame lies with the piss-poor manager, piss-poor players and piss-poor owner at the club. If we go down, these three elements of the club will be to blame, NOT the fans

The clubs is a mess and hopefully there are wholesale changes in the summer in all 3 areas if we are to avoid yet another relegation fight next year (assuming we stay up this year of course)

I agree totally with you. The fans are not responsible for the clubs demise. They are however responsible for the current negative attitude towards Paul Lambert out of their sheer frustration & that is my point.

This negative attitude does not help the club one bit. Surely fans can see this?

Why even deny it?

The negative reaction to Lambert is down to the turgid negative football his teams play and the negative results they achieved playing this way. All teams get injuries that football. However we seem to have had a lot of injuries sustained in training lately? Maybe it the way they train?

Now don't be silly. If he had took it then he would have f*cked it up!  :D

oh yes. I remember now. It was you who took it wasn't it Pacbuddies? :P

Edited by villa-revolution

Â