Paul Lambert

limpid

Unless spending policy changes changing the manager won't really do much.

Spot on.

New manager, same shit..

New chairman though...

We don't even need a new one, the spending restrictions just need to be lifted a little bit.

Can you see that happening? I can't. We are now further behind teams than we were last year and need to do even more to progress. We will stick to the same plan for too long which is failing. Just as we stuck to the last 'plan' for too long.

I have no idea. I'd much rather Lerner just spend a bit more than get a new owner because we could end up with somebody even worse. I don't think even Lerner's that bad outside of the spending.

Because constantly posting that he needs to leave, or that he should be sacked at the end of the season, is absolutely pointless. People still are bowing their heads and silently accepting it unless there is actual action taken by those that want him gone, the only place I've seen any real calls for his sacking is on this forum.

You clearly don't use Twitter, or view other forums then. Anyway, this is a forum for people to air their concerns and object if they wish to decisions made at this club, whether this will have an effect or not. If it really pains you to see people stating they don't want the manager to remain in employment here, probably best not to come on this thread I'd humbly suggest. As that won't be changing anytime soon. 

And if you want him gone then I recommend you do the same, because his position at the club will not be changing any time soon

There were people posting in the match thread getting excited when Fulham scored, they were actually happy that a goal had gone in against us. It's pathetic

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I note many often point to Lambert's purchases being shit and we should try the youth - but in all honesty, which youth player available for selection is going to make an impact?

How would you know if you don't try it?

Taking away the fact we didn't purchase him but no one can convince me Weimann is the best option. No one. Has been awful for weeks.

I agree Weimann needs dropping but we were without both Gabby and Benteke today so this match was not the right time to bench him - we were depleted enough and needed what little experience we have in the squad on the pitch.

Maybe if Gabby is back next week then he'd be worth benching and coming on as an impact sub (PL has done this already this season)

Ken McNaught:

"I looked at the team at three o'clock and wondered what the shape was. At five o'clock I was still wondering"

Absolutely spot on. No excuse for Lambert and his failure at home. We still lost 4-1 at home to Stoke with Benteke et al. Played off the park by a Fulham team who are bottom of the league with a terrible goal difference. Horrendous.

Because constantly posting that he needs to leave, or that he should be sacked at the end of the season, is absolutely pointless. People still are bowing their heads and silently accepting it unless there is actual action taken by those that want him gone, the only place I've seen any real calls for his sacking is on this forum.

You clearly don't use Twitter, or view other forums then. Anyway, this is a forum for people to air their concerns and object if they wish to decisions made at this club, whether this will have an effect or not. If it really pains you to see people stating they don't want the manager to remain in employment here, probably best not to come on this thread I'd humbly suggest. As that won't be changing anytime soon. 

And if you want him gone then I recommend you do the same, because his position at the club will not be changing any time soon

There were people posting in the match thread getting excited when Fulham scored, they were actually happy that a goal had gone in against us. It's pathetic

Seriously? That's **** dreadful.

I have had a ST for 10 year, but I just cant renew if Lambert is still here. Tactically poor, what little money we have he has pissed up the wall and spent on poor players who have done a job that our youth players could have done.

We are very lucky we have had good results against the top teams, without that we would be deep in the shit. In fact how there are a handful of teams worse than us I do not know. Id like to see a league table not including top 6, we would surely be bottom.

We just got beat at home to a team who are bottom of the league, they also beat us earlier in the season with ease when they hadn't won in about 9 games.

This is his team and his tactics and they are not good enough.

• Like 1

Not true at all. Southampton, Crystal Palace, Stoke have all improved for the better after a managerial change without adjusting their spending much.

• Like 1

Not true at all. Southampton, Crystal Palace, Stoke have all improved for the better after a managerial change without adjusting their spending much.

Apart from the 40m spent by Southampton. Or high profile signings in Jan by Palace, or Stoke buying in experienced players on high wages.

• Like 1

I don't think even Lerner's that bad outside of the spending.

I think there's a case for him being a very poor owner. Spunked his financial load without any caution at all, two woeful (and costly) managerial appointments, and has now pulled the plug completely. Ageing players on gargantuan 5 year deals, attendances plummeting year on year, and absolutely no sign of the North Stand redevelopment. 

• Like 2

I don't think Lambert has pissed money up the wall as described above.

He's had to practically rebuild a whole squad on small wages, no mean feat.

Yes, some signings were baffling but even those were relatively cheap ie Bowery and Sylla and some maybe not quite ready for this season in Tonev (who's looked good in recent cameos) and Helenius (yet again injured)

But when you look at the cost and use of the likes of Vlaar, Benteke, Westwood, KEA, Lowton, Bacuna and chuck in Okore and Kozak who picked up nasty injuries - PL's bought fairly well on the budget provided.

I know not many of those would be signed by United or City etc etc but we're nowhere near those standards and as hard as it is we just have to accept it.

So only comment on here if you are in agreement with the decisions made by the club? Like I say, you don't seem to be acquainted with the purpose of a forum like this. 

Ken McNaught:

"I looked at the team at three o'clock and wondered what the shape was. At five o'clock I was still wondering"

Absolutely spot on. No excuse for Lambert and his failure at home. We still lost 4-1 at home to Stoke with Benteke et al. Played off the park by a Fulham team who are bottom of the league with a terrible goal difference. Horrendous.

This is the problem with Lambert. He has had two seasons, bought a load of crap and can't organise anything. It's not just today, there have been numerous occasions where the team has lost shape and it descends into chaos. We are all over the place most of the time. The manager and the entire backroom staff have to go. It would seem nobody has got a clue what's going on, when I watch villa play I find it almost impossible to try and understand what's happening. Lambert has had long enough and it's obvious he is a very limited manager and simply not good enough.

• Like 3

Apart from the 40m spent by Southampton. Or high profile signings in Jan by Palace, or Stoke buying in experienced players on high wages.

Did you not see how much better Southampton were just from a manager change before any money was spent? Yeah they have spent a decent amount but they spent it on quality and promoted youth players.

Stoke spent 6m total this season and again before Palace spent money Pulis had still started to turn them around.

The manager makes a difference, saying things would be the same under a different manager is just silly.

Ken McNaught:

This is the problem with Lambert. He has had two seasons, bought a load of crap and can't organise anything. It's not just today, there have been numerous occasions where the team has lost shape and it descends into chaos. We are all over the place most of the time. The manager and the entire backroom staff have to go. It would seem nobody has got a clue what's going on, when I watch villa play I find it almost impossible to try and understand what's happening. Lambert has had long enough and it's obvious he is a very limited manager and simply not good enough.

Agree, we look ridiculously disorganised. Opponents constantly given space and runners not tracked, don't see how throwing more money at him is going to change piss poor tactics.

• Like 1

Completely different situations.

Â