Paul Lambert

limpid

We've just lost 4-1 for the second week running, and people are still wondering why people question Lambert?

Didn't you know, it is an offence to criticise Lambert. He is the only manager in the world that we could possibly have at the club. He is fireproof from any criticism. You will get shouted down if you say anything wrong about him.

I'm not suggesting Lambert should stay - he has made mistakes - but I can't see how any manager could do much better with such a limited budget. We'll see when the new man comes in, he will also struggle.

• Like 1

No manager will ever be able to do anything other than survive, whilst we budget like a championship club.

Maybe we need a new motto: Think small, act small.

There's no plan for growth at this club, it's pretty depressing, our ultimate goal is survival on a shoe string budget, it makes for an exciting future doesn't it?

Our brilliant owner has settled on making us a small time club, on a par with the West Ham's of this world, that won't change until he has gone.

We're not even on a par with West Ham, they spend much, much more than us.

For me Lambert has tried his best, its not working. The team can play good football i.e Chelsea recently. We need a manager who can get the team playing consistent football and wont put up with performances like today and against Stoke. The players seem to play like they can get away with one great game and 5 shit. We need a manager who wont put up with this!!!

The problem is... the next manager has to come in and fight with a tiny budget. 

Other problem... Faulkner choosing the manager.

But dodgyknees. We continue on occasion to see these players play good football and beat the top teams. So is it really the players???

No manager will ever be able to do anything other than survive, whilst we budget like a championship club.

There's no plan for growth at this club, it's pretty depressing, our ultimate goal is survival on a shoe string budget, it makes for an exciting future doesn't it?

Our brilliant owner has settled on making us a small time club, on a par with the West Ham's of this world, that won't change until he has gone.

For me Lambert has tried his best, its not working. The team can play good football i.e Chelsea recently. We need a manager who can get the team playing consistent football and wont put up with performances like today and against Stoke. The players seem to play like they can get away with one great game and 5 shit. We need a manager who wont put up with this!!!

But dodgyknees. We continue on occasion to see these players play good football and beat the top teams. So is it really the players???

I think these players need one or two quality players in with them. I don't think we will pay the money for the sort of players we need.

Oh and, I am not sure Lerner will sack Lambert. He's doing things on a tiny budget, the football is not the priority and has not been for a number of years, there is no chance in hell he will sack him.

• Like 2

We've just lost 4-1 for the second week running, and people are still wondering why people question Lambert?

Didn't you know, it is an offence to criticise Lambert. He is the only manager in the world that we could possibly have at the club. He is fireproof from any criticism. You will get shouted down if you say anything wrong about him.

I'm not suggesting Lambert should stay - he has made mistakes - but I can't see how any manager could do much better with such a limited budget. We'll see when the new man comes in, he will also struggle.

He will struggle if he is a poor manager like Lambert. A decent manager would be able to get more out of this team. Don't forget, Lambert bought most of the players that perform so poorly week in week out.

Edited by pacbuddies

He will struggle if he is a poor manager like Lambert. A decent manager would be able to get more out of this team. Don't forget, Lambert bought most of the players that perform so poorly week in week out.

So, the new man comes in and turns to Lerner, he says "right, we need to replace Wiemann, Agbonlahor, bring in a right back, an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder..."

Lerner says?

It doesn't matter if the manager is of a better quality - and they are out there - anybody who comes in, working under these restrictions would struggle.

That's it for me. Being given a hiding by probably the worst Man you side since the Premiership began and the form they have been in ins a total embarrassment.

Lambert has to go at the end of the season.

More important that Lerner goes.

Both must go and no later than the end of the season.
  • Like 1

That's it for me. Being given a hiding by probably the worst Man you side since the Premiership began and the form they have been in ins a total embarrassment.

Lambert has to go at the end of the season.

More important that Lerner goes.

Both must go and no later than the end of the season.

I'd be happy with that.

We all know he's not going to get sacked so there's no point going on about it.

No, he won't. Like I said, football doesn't matter, as long as we are running the club on a tiny budget, nothing else matters to Lerner.

Agreed Pacbuddies. If another manager can get the players playing at 100% we have a good team. We know 90% of our first teamers are more than capable of giving the best teams a game (see Chelsea). Its just Lambert is not up to this. He is obviously having motivational problems and is incapable of getting any consistancy out of the likes of Benteke, Wiemann even Delph has more off games than good. Wiemann has shown quality so has Westwood. New manager would give this team a shake up. Its got to be drummed into this team that these shite performances will not be tolerated, something Lambert has failed in doing. You cannot keep coming off performances like against Chelsea then rolling over to the likes of Stoke and a very average Man U side.

We all know he's not going to get sacked so there's no point going on about it.

No, he won't. Like I said, football doesn't matter, as long as we are running the club on a tiny budget, nothing else matters to Lerner.

Have to agree whilst Lerner is still here you'd think he will sign a new contract and we will have to endure this for a few more seasons yet.

I think the club desperately needs a new chairman with a new project and a manager with new ideas.. it's not happening though.

Whilst Lambert keeps us up he is doing the job required by Lerner and co..

• Like 2

Deserves the sack just for signing tonev tbh.

Petrov too then?

If petrov genuinely saw a premier league quality player in him then yes i'd think twice about hiring him as a scout, obviously it wasn't a totally serious comment. We all love stan but jesus dont be recommending anymore players.

Im bored of hearing this. The team can play (Chelsea) how many times??? What we need is a manager who can get 100% out of every player. Look at the ratings on here at times. Some games all the players are at 8, 9, 10 out of 10. Other games they are all below 5....

So, the new man comes in and turns to Lerner, he says "right, we need to replace Wiemann, Agbonlahor, bring in a right back, an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder..."

Lerner says?

It doesn't matter if the manager is of a better quality - and they are out there - anybody who comes in, working under these restrictions would struggle.

I'm sorry to be one of those now dodgy to want lambert out but my patience has finally snapped. I so want lambert to push us on but it ain't happening and it doesn't look like happening. As others have said we get one good result and six rotten. Even though it is a young team they now have enough experience to be able to put a better run of results together and they can't do it. Just too many bad results and the manager must take a lot of the responsibility for that. This is his team and while he hasn't been given a load of money he has still been given enough to have us more consistent than we are.

I just can't make any more excuses for him and a new manager at the end of the season surely cannot do any worse than this?

Yeah this team which is the youngest in the league should be playing amazing every week and if they don't its all the managers fault.  Bore off

• Like 2

I'm sorry to be one of those now dodgy to want lambert out but my patience has finally snapped. I so want lambert to push us on but it ain't happening and it doesn't look like happening. As others have said we get one good result and six rotten. Even though it is a young team they now have enough experience to be able to put a better run of results together and they can't do it. Just too many bad results and the manager must take a lot of the responsibility for that. This is his team and while he hasn't been given a load of money he has still been given enough to have us more consistent than we are.

I just can't make any more excuses for him and a new manager at the end of the season surely cannot do any worse than this?

The problem is, he will not be sacked. As I mentioned above, football does not matter. As long as we are being run on a budget and able to survive, nothing will change. Lerner and Faulkner are happy with the job being done and Lambert will get a new contract.

The problem comes from above... funding, decisions, choices, ambition... it makes the whole club rotten when we are being run to survive and pick up TV money.

• Like 3

Â