Paul Lambert

limpid

Paul isn't to blame for today. Players heads dropped.

So the manager can do nothing about this in 85 minutes.

Was a bit shafted when Weimann and KEA went off injured after 33 mins....which left him only 1 sub for the rest of the game.

We've been woeful for most of the season. Before the two unexpectedly good results against Norwich and Chelsea, we were hopeless for ages, and today was really, really poor. I don't know how you can say it's "knee jerk" when we've been so poor under most of Lambert's management.

I don't think we've been that bad this season - if that were the case we'd be in a much worse position.

I think it's knee jerk because often I think people only look at games in isolation and don't take into account other external factors.

We haven't been that bad compared to the ridiculously low expectations the fans now have of our club. No fault of Lamberts or any manager that takes over. The owners have done this to us and there is no way back until they are gone.

We've been woeful for most of the season. Before the two unexpectedly good results against Norwich and Chelsea, we were hopeless for ages, and today was really, really poor. I don't know how you can say it's "knee jerk" when we've been so poor under most of Lambert's management.

I don't think we've been that bad this season - if that were the case we'd be in a much worse position.

I think it's knee jerk because often I think people only look at games in isolation and don't take into account other external factors.

so matches like palace never happened for example ?

Here we go...

What do you mean?

The usual knee-jerk reactions to a bad performance/result. Don't get me wrong, I thought we were **** awful and there are lots of things Lambert needs to improve on, I just don't see why he should be sacked. At the end of the day it's just one defeat and nobody was saying he should be sacked this time last week.

It just seems as if there's no middle ground.

i was still hoping he would be sacked. Your desire to defend the man clouds your thinking in my opinion. Its not about single matches its about the season as a whole and todays performance (if you can call it that) was a perfect reflection of the shite football that lambert has typically inflicted on us.

What a load of rubbish - if that were the case I'd be trying to defend the performance today but I'm not.

Not everything is black and white. It's possible to have criticisms of Lambert without wanting him sacked.

I have been critical of Lambert but today the players take the blame ...poor performances all over the pitch

Not the bizarre formation then ? Where the clubs only winger (Albrighton) came on and was asked to play in no mans land instead of wide where he might've actually done some damage 

Here we go...

Ever wondered why ? I'd have thought it was pretty obvious

For those who want him sacked you have to seriously consider who could replace him. Just looking at the teams below us who have probably spent more money than us should show that sacking Lambert and keeping the same spending restrictions could potential be disastrous.

Just back from VP. I wouldn't put the blame at Lamberts door today. He picked the best team, he played the right formation. The problem today was that too many of our players lacked a pair of bollocks. We were bullied all over the park but the biggest culprits were Bacuna, Baker, Bertrand and Albrighton.

Its frustrating though. We got the prefect start which you'd have hoped would have meant with Stoke having to come onto to us we'd have the space to add another couple. The opposite happened though as they came onto us and we rolled over and let our bellies be tickled.

I still maintain that bar 2 or 3 points and a couple of places either way we will have stood still this season. Given the current finances at the club I am not sure that we could have expected much more but that doesn't make it any less a disappointment overall. The simple facts are that beyond our first 11 the squad is extremely poor.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Here we go...

What do you mean?
The usual knee-jerk reactions to a bad performance/result. Don't get me wrong, I thought we were **** awful and there are lots of things Lambert needs to improve on, I just don't see why he should be sacked. At the end of the day it's just one defeat and nobody was saying he should be sacked this time last week.

It just seems as if there's no middle ground.

i was still hoping he would be sacked. Your desire to defend the man clouds your thinking in my opinion. Its not about single matches its about the season as a whole and todays performance (if you can call it that) was a perfect reflection of the shite football that lambert has typically inflicted on us.

What a load of rubbish - if that were the case I'd be trying to defend the performance today but I'm not.

Not everything is black and white. It's possible to have criticisms of Lambert without wanting him sacked.

you are making no sense now. You claimed no one wanted him sacked after the chelsea victory, which is clearly wrong. You talk about knee jerk reactions, but overall there are not knee jerk anything, just a resentment to his woeful performances over nearly two seasons that some like you clearly fail to see.

Paul isn't to blame for today. Players heads dropped.

I think he has to take some responsibility for them not coming out at the start of the second half and at least looking like they wanted to get back in to the game (with the odd exception). Edited by snowychap

you are making no sense now. You claimed no one wanted him sacked after the chelsea victory, which is clearly wrong. You talk about knee jerk reactions, but overall there are not knee jerk anything, just a resentment to his woeful performances over nearly two seasons that some like you clearly fail to see.

On the flip side I could turn it around and say some like you fail to see the restraints he's been working under and the progress (albeit slow) we've made this season.

Another great post Mark. We need to be bringing in players that will fight for a place. Not players we dread to see on the pitch.

To do this we need to spend some serious money.

I feel sad. Hope El Classico can cheer me up.

Edited by Amo69

There has been no improvement overall in since he arrived. Very disappointed. He has one window to save his job 'cos carry on like this and next xmas he'll lose the VP.

You think Lerner cares? All he wants is a manager to keep us up on a shoe string budget. Lambert is perfect for him.

After 15 minutes of this game and after Stoke allowed us to play how we want, they started to press the midfield and the defence, they got nervous and started hoofing it because we have a high number of players miles away from the ball and no movement. Hughes obviously saw that if they press us we have no chance of passing it out from the back, Lambert didn't react to this at all and we had lost this game as soon as Stoke changed. We did not get a look in.

Sylla came on and looked very nervous but actually got better the longer it went on, why on earth was Albrighton played in the hole behind the striker? This is just stupid, he is a winger and had no awareness of what was around him. Why are we persisting with Weimann, he is next to useless, someone tell me what he offers us?

Did Lambert get it right last week? Well IMO no, great victory last week and the players worked hard etc, but formation wise he has used this same style with the same players all season. It will work from time to time and mostly against the better teams that come onto us but overall its awful and has failed time and time again.

Matter of time before we get relegated under Lambert, I fail to see any progress from last season at all. Performances are just as bad.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 2

On the flip side I could turn it around and say some like you fail to see the restraints he's been working under and the progress (albeit slow) we've made this season.
again you are wrong. We all know the restrictions randy has put on the club, but that does not excuse the shite football and lack of managerial ability that lambert is showing. If you are seriously claiming that the football we are seeing this year is progress then so be it but it clearly isnt because even by your own admission the football is crap
  • Like 1

He's the manager, it's his job to rally the troops. Not sit on his arse looking lost like he did today (again)

Sadly his entire rallying cry appears to be clapping his hands together and not much else

The **** clearing in the woods

• Like 1

again you are wrong. We all know the restrictions randy has put on the club, but that does not excuse the shite football and lack of managerial ability that lambert is showing. If you are seriously claiming that the football we are seeing this year is progress then so be it but it clearly isnt because even by your own admission the football is crap

I'd advise you to take a look at that graph someone posted a little while back showing a clear improvement with regards to points.

Â