Paul Lambert

limpid

Fantastic result and enjoyed it. He does manage to get something when it's just about to get bad.

Doesn't change my opinion of the awful job he's done so far. We needed that because we have a tough month to get through.

You'd honestly say the job he's done so far is "awful" rather than "average"?

• Like 1

Fantastic result and enjoyed it. He does manage to get something when it's just about to get bad.

Doesn't change my opinion of the awful job he's done so far. We needed that because we have a tough month to get through.

If we finish the season strong I may class it as average but yeah I think its been an awful period under him so far.

Did the TV show the altercation with a fan after the 3rd goal?

It's been an awful period, but how much of that is his fault? You understand the spending restrictions under Lerner, so how is having villa 7 points off relegation awful?

I think the football has mainly been awful, results mainly been awful and at the end of the seaosn I don't think we'll have many more points than last season. I think that's awful.

Comon chap. first 20 minutes were awful so disorganised. Second half, Lambert should have kicked on, we cannot afford a defensive half. Scoring more would have instilled more confidence and motivated the team for next game.

Against Chesea im sure normal service will resume. ZZZZZZZ!!

Spending restrictions. Didn't really see much of a problem with that today!!!

Edited by foreveryoung

I love the OP for this thread.

A new thread to replace the over-reaction threads on both sides.

Hey Ho, you can't win them all!

Some people shouldn't ever claim over-reactions, especially when they are know to over-react themselves. Quite funny. Life on a forum I guess.

I still think we'll go down. We **** up against the "easy" games. Based on our upcoming games we are in real trouble.

I actually think we'll be OK now. We didn't **** up todays easy game.

Have you checked out the fixture list, for the coming weeks? can't see many points in there

I still think we'll go down. We **** up against the "easy" games. Based on our upcoming games we are in real trouble.

Have you checked out the fixture list, for the coming weeks? can't see many points in there

I think it will be close but there's some shit below us. Norwich were shocking today.

Comon chap. first 20 minutes were awful so disorganised. Second half, Lambert should have kicked on, we cannot afford a defensive half. Scoring more would have instilled more confidence and motivated the team for next game.

The first 20 minutes doesn't have anything to do with Lambert though?  It was exactly the same against West Brom - just low on confidence at home and making silly mistakes early on when not settled.  He'd hardly have said "go out there and defend!" - even his pre-match interview was about attacking and sorting out the home form etc.

He hasn't done a great job at Villa by any stretch, but he's not been awful and he literally hasn't spent much money.  The most expensive signing he made has broken records at Villa and scored twice tonight.

I think it will be close but there's some shit below us. Norwich were shocking today.

Agreed with this really.  We need 2 more wins I think (or 6 more points, whichever way you want to look at it).

Yeah its easy to win games like today isn't it?   We should be top half easily by just winning all these easy games and if we don't win them then the manager is shit.  Their is no excuse not to be beating all the 'shit' teams.  I mean look at the massive wages we have being paying, this team should be consistent from one week to the next their is no excuse..........  sarcasm overload!

Yeah its easy to win games like today isn't it? We should be top half easily by just winning all these easy games and if we don't win them then the manager is shit. Their is no excuse not to be beating all the 'shit' teams. I mean look at the massive wages we have being paying, this team should be consistent from one week to the next their is no excuse.......... sarcasm overload!

Maybe you should count to 10 and read the post I responded to.

Deep breaths.

Cardiff and Fulham are pretty much gone I think, that means we'd have to do worse than 8 other teams over the next 10 games to get relegated, and we've obviously got a head start on most of them. I'd be very surprised if Norwich or West Brom catch us. I predict 12th.

I thought we had Man City next?

Today's result confirms my opinion that Lambert is doing a very good job so far.  

• Like 1

Today's result confirms my opinion that Lambert is doing a very good job so far.  

My goodness some people are easily pleased. One win (not sure of stats) and Lamberts the man!!!

Â