The Thread of Firsts

CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Bernard and Bianca? It's called The Rescuers you uncultured swine!

Or the sequel, The Rescuers Down Under, since it's set in Australia despite the fact the kid and the bad guy have American accents, made even worse when the kid says mate. It just sounds wrong.

Was talking about the films with the missus the other day, one of disneys forgotten films, along with the great mouse detective, that unfortunately came before their golden period of the 90s

I loved those films as a kid

I think I was 14 the first time I got drunk. My cousin had a 'beer bin' at his 18th, full of ice, water and an array of bottles and cans. I got to take one friend, so took my mate Rick Astley. We probably didn't have many, but I remember throwing up and us being drunk in the street, talking shit.

• Like 1

I think I was 14 the first time I got drunk. My cousin had a 'beer bin' at his 18th, full of ice, water and an array of bottles and cans. I got to take one friend, so took my mate Rick Astley. We probably didn't have many, but I remember throwing up and us being drunk in the street, talking shit.

You got to take one friend, so you took Ruck Astley? Quite a strict decree, but you know the rules and so do I. 

Never.

So you one day made a decision to never touch alcohol?

Are you able to work it into both a heel or face persona?

tumblr_m2yxazkYCw1qiwd8jo5_250_large.gif

Pretty much. While celebrating Holland's 4-1 win over France during Euro 2008 with a few Heinekens with my brother, I thought "my head is starting to feel a bit fuzzy, that's enough of that" and I stopped there.

• Like 1

Never.

So you one day made a decision to never touch alcohol?

Are you able to work it into both a heel or face persona?

tumblr_m2yxazkYCw1qiwd8jo5_250_large.gif

Pretty much. While celebrating Holland's 4-1 win over France during Euro 2008 with a few Heinekens with my brother, I thought "my head is starting to feel a bit fuzzy, that's enough of that" and I stopped there.

Dutch beer. Of course.

• Like 1

Ah, hm, sorry about that. In Sweden they're called Bernard & Bianca so I just assumed it was the same. But now you mention it I think I knew that, really. But here in Sweden some film titles have got some really weird swedish translations. This one actually makes some sense, after all.

Oh, well now I just feel bad. No need to apologise Pelle, but I'm sorry for assuming you were British, think of it as a compliment to how good your written English is ;)

We still get some films with different titles to other countries, even America. Keeping on the Disney theme, Basil The Great Mouse Detective is just The Great Mouse Detective stateside. More recently, the UK had Avengers Assemble whereas it was just The Avengers in the US. No idea why.

Edited by Ginko

First time I was drunk to the point of lunacy was at age 18, had my first all-day session at the White Hart in Basingstoke for a friend's birthday.  By the end of the evening I had to be helped to (and propped up against) the urinal by my friend Graham (something he still hasn't forgiven me for 14 years later), I was allegedly going round the other tables in the pub and eating any leftover food I found (I don't actually remember this part, so I have my doubts as to the veracity of my companions' testimonies) and when I eventually stumbled home, I decided a far better option than putting a bucket by the side of the bed would be to sellotape a bin bag to the side of my face.

Additionally, I have been regaled of an incident at age 3 where the family went round to a neighbour's barbecue and someone left one of those large box-cartons of cider at a height I could reach with my mouth.  With my then fondness for apple juice, I had allegedly drunk half of it before anyone noticed (there is a photo of this, which leaves me to wonder why my parents prioritised capturing the moment over actually halting my binge).  I am told I was not a fun child that evening.  I have no sympathy.

• Like 1

First time drunk, aged 15, in a proper old style boozer with my dad and his factory working mates.

They thought it was hysterically funny that a stick thin 15 year old with acne and attitude would try and match them pint for pint. I think I stayed the pace for roughly an hour and then redecorated the toilets for the landlord, free of charge.

Later that evening one of the factory guys fell in the urinal trough and we all gave him the full Rugeley treatment. 

I was Ill in bed for half the next day with my dad making me fried eggs for lunch which had the exact effect he'd hoped for.

Second time drunk would have been very shortly afterwards and was a ridiculous situation aged about 16 where I was a regular attendee at breaker parties where essentially you brought along cans of Breaker lager and paracetemol. Oh we thought we were really clever.

Some of us very quickly moved on to adulthood, others never really passed that stage and just went booze, glue, aerosol, anything.

But we were happy back then, life was simpler. 

Ah, hm, sorry about that. In Sweden they're called Bernard & Bianca so I just assumed it was the same. But now you mention it I think I knew that, really. But here in Sweden some film titles have got some really weird swedish translations. This one actually makes some sense, after all.

Oh, well now I just feel bad. No need to apologise Pelle, but I'm sorry for assuming you were British, think of it as a compliment to how good your written English is ;)

We still get some films with different titles to other countries, even America. Keeping on the Disney theme, Basil The Great Mouse Detective is just The Great Mouse Detective stateside. More recently, the UK had Avengers Assemble whereas it was just The Avengers in the US. No idea why.

Of course you don't. Ha, kids these days know nothing of John Steed and Cathy Gale or Tara King or best of all, Emma Peel.

succeed5b.jpg

:lol: Don't even feel half bad about it, I didn't take it that serious. :) But I take the compliment anyway. :D

Â